Duke4.net Forums: Ryzen 3 3200g voltage issue? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ryzen 3 3200g voltage issue?

I bought a new PC, and after installing Hwinfo it gives me these max values for core vid:
Posted Image
I'm not the most knowledgeable, but compared to my old (Intel) PC that's QUITE high, old thing never went over 1.12V. I HAVEN'T OVERCLOCKED ANYTHING, are those values normal?

Also is the Vcore normal? highest i've seen it go is 1.448v

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 17 September 2021 - 11:07 AM

Nevermind, i've been reading all info i could find and doing some tests, it seems to be perfectly normal behavior. It's just this is my first* AMD cpu, i guess i was expecting it to just like Intel, which is not.

*not really, my first ever PC had a AMD processor. But i was 11 so all i knew about them was that you could use it to search info for school stuff (what my mom bought it for) and that i could play games on it ;)

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 17 September 2021 - 05:50 PM

User is offline   FRVIND 

View PostLazy Dog, on 17 September 2021 - 05:46 PM, said:

Nevermind, i've been reading all info i could find and doing some tests, it seems to be perfectly normal behavior. It's just this is my first* AMD cpu, i guess i was expecting it to just like Intel, which is not.

*not really, my first ever PC had a AMD processor. But i was 11 so all i knew about them was that you could use it to search info for school stuff (what my mom bought it for) and that i could play games on it ;)

Now I understand why this Ryzen is faster than intel 9 :lol: . if I overclock intel 9 then it reaches the same speed. However once (AMD 400 CPU) the voltage was also higher than average, but those were much larger transistors. The problem at the limit is the ability to cool well

User is offline   FRVIND 

View PostLazy Dog, on 17 September 2021 - 10:39 AM, said:

I bought a new PC, and after installing Hwinfo it gives me these max values for core vid:
Posted Image
I'm not the most knowledgeable, but compared to my old (Intel) PC that's QUITE high, old thing never went over 1.12V. I HAVEN'T OVERCLOCKED ANYTHING, are those values normal?

Also is the Vcore normal? highest i've seen it go is 1.448v

However i think maybe something is wrong with your cpu...
Try this:
Ryzen 3000 Safe Voltages and Degradation

This post has been edited by FRVIND: 17 September 2021 - 10:18 PM

View PostFRVIND, on 17 September 2021 - 10:16 PM, said:

However i think maybe something is wrong with your cpu...
Try this:
Ryzen 3000 Safe Voltages and Degradation

Thanks, but i've already read that one. Spend the better part of yesterday researching on the topic.
The way i understand it, as long as it only reaches those values during boost it's fine but if it does it outside of boosting there's something wrong, i asked the same thing on Tom's Hardware and that was basically the answer. HWInfo max values on my screenshot were the spikes in voltage caused by boosting, they weren't sustained.

About the Vcore, it looks like in these cpu the value shown is from before VDroop can happen, with "CPU Core Voltage (SVI2 TFN)" being the closest to a "true" Vcore.

Honestly? i've disabled boosting. I know it's kind of a waste but even without it it's still the best cpu i could buy for that money. Now it barely reaches 1.2v and my mind is at peace. I'm still gonna keep an eye on it of course.

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 18 September 2021 - 02:15 PM

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 18 September 2021 - 08:12 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options