Duke4.net Forums: Can you run DOSEMU? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Can you run DOSEMU?

User is offline   mike_s 

I just realized I have the latest dosemu on my computer (version 1.4 for linux). here's the link to the software:

http://www.dosemu.org/

Anyways, I was for the longest time testing my commit driver for Duke Nukem 3D with DOSBOX, but now I think running my tests against dosemu is much better. Heck, it even gives me a challenge because now dosemu runs as a completely independent system.

The nice news is that dosemu comes with a built-in packet driver. I ran the DOS tcp/ip utilities mTCP in both dosemu and dosbox, and by far, dosemu is much faster as it doesn't involve the serial network emulation (slip) that dosbox requires.

So if you're very anxious for my driver, then I'm sorry, but I need more time to sort out the wrinkles so I can make it fast for all.

BUT......

I have to ask the most important question since I only have a 32-bit computer and most people have a 64-bit computer, and I'm not sure if 64-bit computers can run 32-bit software well at all.

So, can you run DOSEMU on your machine?

All I need to know is if you can get a separate window popping up with some messages at least identifying itself as dosemu and telling you to specify the location of a bootable dos.

If you get errors in the same window stating some library can't be found or you get strange errors, then DOSEMU may not work for your new computer.

Please give it a go and let me know if DOSEMU works for you.

This post has been edited by mike_s: 28 June 2021 - 03:33 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options