• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ion Fury: Aftershock

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

View PostSonicB00M, on 27 July 2021 - 05:46 AM, said:

You probably refer to Andrew :lol:

He'll always be budget Mick Gordon to me. Wasn't impressed by any of his soundtracks. Competent, but unoriginal.

This post has been edited by Jesus Christ: 29 July 2021 - 10:19 AM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Budget Mick Gordon? He sounds nothing like him. I can't agree that he's unoriginal because his work on Dusk and Amid Evil was very very good. I wasn't as impressed with ROTT 2013 because it was just all metal guitars and nothing else. Ditto the 3D Realms Anthology soundtrack (though his shredding chops are ace). But when he got to Dusk and started doing different and more interesting things with synths he really impressed me. I also really admire his approaches for each game. Any time he does guitars again he makes it a point to never do guitars the same way he did the last time, he's always going for a new sound. And in Amid Evil he even straight up said he wasn't going to use any guitars, and he didn't. Big props to him for that.

But in comparison to Mick, I even prefer his Blood Swamps track from Doom Eternal TAG1 to anything Mick has done. But I understand that is purely subjective. Mick's work is technically more polished in the sound/mixing/creative department and he certainly can bang out a catchy earworm riff, but Blood Swamps really hooked me personally more than anything since BFG Division. It's just so fun to rip and tear to.

• banned!

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 30 July 2021 - 09:27 AM, said:

Budget Mick Gordon? He sounds nothing like him.

Yeah, try as he might.

You're free to stick to your opinion, like you said, it's all subjective in the end. It's an easy comparison to make, though, since they occupy a similar niche. Down tuned djenty metal stuff with synths layered on top, sometimes venturing into ambient, etc. Famous for their work on shooters.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Dude Hulshult was around before Mick even touched Doom. Or Wolfenstein for that matter.
Anyway, you do you.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 31 July 2021 - 01:16 PM

• banned!

So? He was around, OK. They were both around. Literally everyone even including bands was influenced by Gordon's OST for Doom and rips it off now. I don't care about this conversation anymore, look at this picture of a duck:

Posted Image

User is offline   MrFlibble 

Nice duckie

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Wow Gambini’s mapping for IF? I can’t wait for the release!

I've still just been lurking for any updates

This post has been edited by Truck Stop Santa Claus: 31 July 2021 - 11:32 PM

User is offline   jkas789 

Me too bud.

User is offline   Lunick 

Aftershock has been delayed until next year https://techraptor.n...-coming-q1-2022

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Well, at least that 2.0 update will be reason enough to play the full game again in the meantime. Hopefully, the 3DR release won't take ages again before being updated as well, though.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 15 August 2021 - 04:21 AM

View PostLunick, on 15 August 2021 - 01:32 AM, said:

Aftershock has been delayed until next year https://techraptor.n...-coming-q1-2022

Yeah I think we all saw this coming :rolleyes:

User is offline   SonicB00M 

Aftershock will also include an Arrange mode, which integrates expansion enemies, weapons, and other content into the base game.

Now that is music to my ears! Weapon and enemy variety were the few weak points of the original for me. Couple that with an inventory system for power ups and I couldn't be happier! Gladly gonna wait til it's ready.

This post has been edited by SonicB00M: 15 August 2021 - 01:32 PM

Is that... Randy?

Posted Image

• The Truth is in here

That's the proof! I knew Randy was to blame for the delay. It's always his fault when shit is happening.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 18 August 2021 - 01:04 PM

Guest_Bubble Gum Chewer_*

View PostNightFright, on 18 August 2021 - 01:03 PM, said:

That's the proof! I knew Randy was to blame for the delay. It's always his fault when shit is happening.

*Insert Randy's so greasy, he... jokes and puns here*

User is offline   Master O 

View PostLunick, on 15 August 2021 - 01:32 AM, said:

Ion Fury: Forever

Fair thoughts and happy hours attend on you!

User is offline   jkas789 

UPDATE 2.0 IS OUT!

User is offline   Hank 

My excuse to replay this awesome game :wub:

User is offline   Sanek 

Finally!

Steam:
https://store.steamp...tor_clanid=5161

GOG:
https://www.gog.com/...fury_aftershock

User is offline   Reaper_Man 

• Once and Future King

Congrats on the release guys!

• The Truth is in here

Wait... what? After all these years?

My most imminent question: Will there also be a version for those who bought the 3DR release? It seems on the website they are redirecting you to Steam and/or GOG, even for the original game. Which isn't exactly encouraging.
Otherwise: Is it possible to obtain a DRM-free version of Aftershock's fury.exe (without depending on Steam DLLs)? It would be highly appreciated.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 01 October 2023 - 12:36 PM

User is offline   Hank 

^ Yeah, I lost track of this myself.
Reading the fine print between Steam and GOG, GOG clearly states, you only need the Ion Fury Game. Only Steam wrote that you need the Steam version of Ion Fury to play Steam’s Aftershock. If I’m wrong, GOG has a full refund policy, tried and tested by myself.

This post has been edited by Hank: 01 October 2023 - 05:01 PM

• The Truth is in here

You mean it should be possible to use the grp file from the 3DR release and run it with the GOG version of Aftershock? Makes sense, actually. Right now IF is -60% off on GOG, btw (it was on Steam yesterday).

User is offline   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

ok

Spoiler

User is offline   Hank 

View PostNightFright, on 02 October 2023 - 10:04 AM, said:

You mean it should be possible to use the grp file from the 3DR release and run it with the GOG version of Aftershock? Makes sense, actually. Right now IF is -60% off on GOG, btw (it was on Steam yesterday).

I think so. But, I've been known to be be utterly wrong. :P

• The Truth is in here

@brullov
If every map looks like that, I guess that explains why the Aftershock release took so long...

So I started playing and on level 2 I was able to sequence-break (without realising it) by jumping across that ledge and over the barb-wired fence on the left, completely bypassing the blue key:
Attached File  562860_20231003150556_1.png (840.31K)
Number of downloads: 18
I had to use the inflatable chair to get back out. I can't pick the chair after I've inflated it, can I?

Other than that, excellent work and congrats on the release! I have to say though, it's inevitable for me to draw comparisons with Duke Nukem 3D Atomic Edition -- I vividly remember playing it for the first time and it had a much greater impact, with the opening level being very dramatic. The starting location in Aftershock is a bit less so -- a solid level but did not feel overwhelmingly awesome. But then again, I'm probably less easily impressed now compared to back when I played the Atomic Edition for the first time, so don't take this as serious criticism, jujst my impressions. Cheers!

User is offline   MetHy 

View PostMrFlibble, on 03 October 2023 - 04:17 AM, said:

So I started playing and on level 2 I was able to sequence-break (without realising it) by jumping across that ledge and over the barb-wired fence on the left, completely bypassing the blue key:
Attachment 562860_20231003150556_1.png

That is intended, some levels allow small skips like this.

View PostMrFlibble, on 03 October 2023 - 04:17 AM, said:

I had to use the inflatable chair to get back out. I can't pick the chair after I've inflated it, can I?

No returns once it's out of its box! :lol:
With that said you can also get out of that area from the other side and just continue playing the level normally from there. Eventually you'll be able to return to the starting area without using the Nuvachair.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options