Duke4.net Forums: Ion Fury: Aftershock - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ion Fury: Aftershock

User is offline   Sanek 

SUMMER 2021

Guest_Bubble Gum Chewer_*

Looks good! Watercraft bits reminds of Duke Nukem Forever trailers from early 00s. Any info on pricing?

User is offline   Sanek 

^Not yet

My favorite part is vehichles. I bet DavoX is making smtn similiar to his DNF 2013 DLC map.

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

Take my money.

Guest_Bubble Gum Chewer_*

View PostSanek, on 24 March 2021 - 06:44 AM, said:

^Not yet

My favorite part is vehichles. I bet DavoX is making smtn similiar to his DNF 2013 DLC map.

I was suspicious about that, something looked oddly familiar...

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Looking good, boys.

Looks fantastic, but can't wishlist it yet :(

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 24 March 2021 - 10:55 AM

Great music!
lots of action!
new shotgun ammo type!
cool ride!
can't wait :dukeaffirmative:

User is offline   Malgon 

I guess I'll have to buy the big box to add to the others then! :P Seriously though, I'm probably due for a replay and the Arrange mode sounds like just the ticket for it. :)

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Lookin' good!

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Psyched as always!

User is offline   jkas789 

I got no words but:

Super hyped for this!

User is offline   Lunick 

Cola Powered Gamer has an exclusive interview and some new screenshots of the expansion

View PostLunick, on 21 April 2021 - 02:48 AM, said:

"We're open to a full sequel in the future too. We love Shelly and the world we created around her. Voidpoint is also exploring an original IP of our own."

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 21 April 2021 - 04:17 PM

Steam Store page for Aftershock is up

https://store.steamp...ury_Aftershock/

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Will it also be sold through the 3DR store?

Like in a big box?

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

I don't need a big box. Just a version of the addon that goes with the 3DR release of the full game.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 24 April 2021 - 01:15 AM

welp. sounds like an idea. Ive only used there site to buy the Ion Fury big box and a hat

User is offline   jkas789 

I would be very interested in a big box release. I missed out in the first one but I would be down to buying the second one. In fact, I am currently saving to be able to pull the trigger as soon as it drops on the 3DR site.

Still no hard date huh
Hope everything is going smoothly

User is offline   Master O 

Ion Fury: Forever

User is offline   MrFlibble 

Fair thoughts and happy hours attend on you!

User is offline   Sanek 

I think they want to release it when the Realms Deep 2021 starts. It's kinda obvious, don't you think?
So expect it somewhere between 13th to 15th of August or a couple of days sooner.

User is offline   NNC 

Is it the same mapping team behind it who created the original game? Ie. DavoX, MetHy?

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Mostly the same.

For the main game we had additional mapping help from Vitality/DNV (He deserves credit for his good work), whose work shaped big parts of zone5/6 stuff. Later on we brought Methy on board to do the latter 50%, which consisted of additional maps and big reworks.
So in a sense DNV isn't part of this.

Zone3 (offices) & Zone7 (final) and bunch of other random crap in the main game was mine, but I'm taking more of a backseat as I focus on designing set pieces with Jon and assisting mappers (fulfilling the other random crap) without a looming "zone" deadline of my own.
This also includes creating more scripts for mapster, etc..

Fox worked on the props, skyboxes & majority of the stadium map (ended up as a collab between me, fox and methy)

So:
Davox, Methy, Daedolon are working on the main meat and I'm assisting them.
Gambini joined in as a "newcomer" and has been a very welcome addition.
Fox does skyboxes and other odd stuff again.
I'm working on set pieces, effect consultation, tools, and assistance in a "flex role". I actually do have one map file of my own.

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

View Postoasiz, on 26 July 2021 - 11:05 PM, said:

Gambini joined in as a "newcomer" and has been a very welcome addition.

It's just an all-star cast now, ain't it.

I'm curious. Between this and the base game, what's been 3DR's role? Have they been mostly hands-off and letting you guys do your own thing, is one of them acting as a creative director, are there several people managing the project, etc.

I don't want details or anything, nor do I want to demean 3DR in any way, I'm just curious since most of what I've heard from you guys and your team make it seem like 3DR is intentionally having a smaller role in this game.

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Much of the development is detailed here: IONFU~1

Basically we have been doing our own thing as a ragtag group of stubborn modders who are very adamant about what the product should be like (and even agree a lot of the time), while being very skilled.
Direction has been sort of shared across, where terminx has been the final judge on things.

I did the "Lead level design" role for the main game and most of the designers had their own freedom but I would occasionally bully them around for any required changes and worry about the overall narrative, balancing, polish, etc.. Lots of stuff overall.
Some of this continues on AF but I don't handle the "lead" duty itself (no more whipping, but I do give feedback and help).

3DR's involvement has been there but we have always opted to use our own options, direction and management. They do help us a lot with trailers and such though :)
i.e. for music we were offered a musician (You can probably guess who) but we didn't really think the style would fit and wanted something more authentic.. After convincing Roz during a booze-filled night, we had our own musician.

In the end, Project was largely self-funded and in-house, aside from "Publishing" tasks.

User is offline   SonicB00M 

View Postoasiz, on 27 July 2021 - 05:05 AM, said:

i.e. for music we were offered a musician (You can probably guess who) but we didn't really think the style would fit and wanted something more authentic..

You probably refer to Andrew :lol: His music is fantastic and he is able to adapt beyond Metal (as heard in Amid Evil), but yeah... his stuff doesn't really fit the 90s vibe.

This post has been edited by SonicB00M: 27 July 2021 - 05:47 AM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

He's over used at this point as well.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options