Duke4.net Forums: Xbox 1 Controller Does Whatever the Hell It Wants - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Xbox 1 Controller Does Whatever the Hell It Wants

User is online   Ninety-Six 

This stupid infuriating thing that we bought overrides baked in mapping support. Worst example is DOSBOX, which is now unplayable because it forces the use of the analog stick with no groves in the circle pad, over the d-pad. Doesn't matter what I bind the stupid movement keys to, the Xbox Controller will ignore all of it. Move it to the D-pad? Ignore. Move it to the right stick? Ignore. Completely deleted every possible movement key binding? It will still override.

Because god forbid Microsoft stop making the simplest things over complicated and unnecessary.

User is offline   jkas789 

DOSBox mapper giving you trouble huh?

User is online   Ninety-Six 

It's not the mapper itself, it's the XBox Controller overriding the mapper, along with some other programs. Because god forbid the controller just be a controller and not be riddled with useless features that "enhance the experience" when in reality it just breaks things that never needed to have been broken.

Yes I'm frustrated.

User is offline   jkas789 

I have been looking into your problem and maybe this could help?

Attached Image: Screenshot_5.jpg

I don't use controllers with DosBox so I can't help as much. This is the closest I have come across as a solution maybe.

Maybe using one of those alpha builds could fix your problem?

This post has been edited by jkas789: 12 January 2021 - 09:25 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options