Duke4.net Forums: A lightweight file explorer for Windows 10. Is there such a thing? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A lightweight file explorer for Windows 10. Is there such a thing?  "Could use the help."

User is offline   jkas789 

So had been having problems with my workflow as of late. I have a lot of x-rays pictures, CAT scans and MRIs that I have to look/organize however having two WE windows open is not that useful, and OneCommander (my previous file manager of choice) is starting to choke up on me. Does anyone know of a good file explorer for Windows 10 that support multi tab/ panned views and does not crap on me when I'm transferring multiple GB of files? Preferably lightweight because the programs I use to look at CAT and MRIs can be sometimes resource hoggers.

Thanks for the help :)

User is offline   MrFlibble 

I've been using Free Commander for a long while, tabs are supported and it has its own optional file copy/move/delete routines. Not sure if it will suit your needs but it seems to be rather light on system resources.

Thanks for the recommendation Mr. Flibble, I will try and give it a spin.

User is offline   Mark 

Instead of $50k for surgery jkas will touch up your x-rays for much less and you're good to go. :P

I wish I did 50k per surgery. Truly living in Narco's taco land is the worst. I should sneak into California a la pocho style, work for a few months as a lawn mower than start doing total knee replacements. :lol:

Also FreeCommander seems good so far, but the option of a functional dark mods is killing my eyes. :(

User is offline   Kerr Avon 

Sorry for such a late reply, and I don't know how memory demanding this is, so this might not be for you, but I thought I'd recommend the brilliant Q-Dir:

http://www.softwareo...=Freeware/Q-Dir

It allows four different windows at once, and every window can have multiple tabs. It's just so convenient, and free.

User is offline   Hank 

View PostKerr Avon, on 21 February 2021 - 09:28 AM, said:

Sorry for such a late reply, and I don't know how memory demanding this is, so this might not be for you, but I thought I'd recommend the brilliant Q-Dir:

It allows four different windows at once, and every window can have multiple tabs. It's just so convenient, and free.

Butting in ...
Cheers Dude! I love this. Can now print sections of my network, like in them olden days. :wub:
... butting out

View PostKerr Avon, on 21 February 2021 - 09:28 AM, said:

I'll give this one a run and see how it works. I'm not adverse to changing my workflow if something better comes up.

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

I am using Double Commander. Dual panel mode, lightweight (IMHO at least), portable (if you want).

User is offline   Newken 

Tablacus Explorer is pretty good.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options