Duke4.net Forums: What function can be used to load a specific 'grp' file - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What function can be used to load a specific 'grp' file

I still can't figure out how to make my custom eduke32 launcher to launch Duke Nukem 3D from its main group file (DUKE3D.GRP) in Windows, so here's how I've attempted it.

1. In GNUMakeFile I've created a profile ($(DUKE),2) under ($(FURY),1) in Global Profiles.
not sure if the second flag is linked to any variables using 'DUKE' as its name. :unsure:

Spoiler

2. then added this to the GNUmakefile where eduke32 looks for resource files, etc.

Spoiler

3. Had a look in common.cpp and there's a line of code which looks like this:
char *g_grpNamePtr = NULL;

if (g_selectedGrp == NULL)
        g_selectedGrp = foundgrps;
and other similar functions to these in common.cpp

4.Opened grpscan.cpp and disabled any code that contained (FURY) with #if 0 and then ending them with #endif.

5. checked the code and saved changes the compiled with msys2, then open my newly created executable for Duke3d, dragged it to the folder containing all of duke3d game data, run it then it crashes.

6. opened the log file and one line stands out like this:
Warning: could not find main data file "(none)"!. :blink:

Can someone with experience with eduke32 src code guide me through getting the game to point and load duke3d's group file because I'm just about to lose hope in getting this project up and running properly and off my mind. :angry: <_<

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options