Duke4.net Forums: 25th anniversary soon.. what can we expect? - Duke4.net Forums

• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

25th anniversary soon.. what can we expect?

User is offline   jkas789 

I mean, some controversies on GTA are also beyond the developer's hindsight. They expected me top play the game normally, not go around beating prostitutes and fat guys to deaths for their money.

Gamers always take the easier and faster path to success and killing people is faster than doing some random boring quest.

It's funny that GTA get so much controversy, when I can do the same in Bethesda games lol. I suppose Rockstar also likse to be confrontational on their PR for the sake of PR.

Credit to halcorey from the Discord for putting the time and effort to listening to this shit and pointing it out.

Apparently there is a Duke Nukem live action series in the works. Not a movie, a series. In 2021.

The mention starts at 44 mins.

Another interesting tidbit that corpusc pointed out is that Duke Nukem featured graphically in the presentation (starting at 14:15) when Jena Hardy (I think I got the name right?) started talking about finance. Probably a nothing burger but...

So... this is really gonna suck huh. Ah yes, this is the type of pain I was missing for a moment.

Ninja edit: has Gearbox really been profitable for 22 years? What about Colonial Marines? Or the lawsuit infested mine field that is the Duke Nukem IP? Does Borderlands really print that amount of money?

Attached Image: Screenshot_6.jpg

Apparently they have never been in the black.

Ninja edit 2: The whole video gives off slimy corporate vibes that definitely make me worry for the future of the gaming industry.

This post has been edited by jkas789: 13 February 2021 - 09:56 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Gearbox is pretty much the only group that actually made more money off of DNF than they dumped into it. Everyone else was lucky to break even.

A Duke Nukem series would be an absolute trainwreck.

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

View Postjkas789, on 13 February 2021 - 09:46 PM, said:

Apparently there is a Duke Nukem live action series in the works. Not a movie, a series. In 2021.

words are incapable of expressing my absolute horror as of this moment

I saw where they mentioned the Duke TV series, but where did they mention that it would come this year?

View PostKristian Joensen, on 14 February 2021 - 05:01 AM, said:

I saw where they mentioned the Duke TV series, but where did they mention that it would come this year?

Sorry, they did not. I was just complaining of the fact that if it is already rolling then Duke Nukem will be written with modern sensibilities. Which IMO are shit and not the way to write what would be basically be a 80-90s action hero movie in 20-30 minute chunks.

Even worse if they try deconstructing the franchise.

User is offline   Outtagum 

First there was a movie in the works, then an animated series now a live-action series.

How about make a good fucking game first?

Randy probably saw what Disney is doing with the MCU and Star Wars and thought to himself "That, but greasier. And with Duke Nukem."

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 15 February 2021 - 11:57 AM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Inb4 Duke Nukem extended universe with Bulletstorm and Borderlands.

View PostJimmy, on 15 February 2021 - 12:25 PM, said:

Inb4 Duke Nukem extended universe with Bulletstorm and Borderlands.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 15 February 2021 - 12:30 PM

The only extended universe Duke should ever be a part of is the one that only bothers with other DOS games of the era, esp. the Apogee/3DR ones. That's where he belongs.

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

Ninja edit: has Gearbox really been profitable for 22 years? What about Colonial Marines?

You forgot to mention one of the biggest trainwreck in video game history which is Battleborn.
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 16 February 2021 - 10:23 AM

So... technically the complete release of Duke Nukem 3D was on the 19th of April.

I expect nothing however those still clinging to the old boy may still have some hope. A very tiny, minuscule, electron sized piece of hope.

Cheers.

Also, late reminder that the Duke Nukem Forever comic is not bad. Not good. It's meh. But it's not bad. So if anyone is starved for content there is that.

This post has been edited by jkas789: 15 April 2021 - 12:12 AM

Guest_Bubble Gum Chewer_*

You can still expect whole lot of nothing (good). Just sayin'.

Frankly I'd be surprised if there was so much as a fucking tweet.

-Alternative time line, dream expectation: Let Duke free from this imprisonment once and for all! Let the fans enjoy his real and full potential, give us a free Silver compatibility bug-free update and unlock stuff like Megaton once again, fuck marketing!

-Reality: Hi! I'm the reality and, am often known as everyone's worst nightmare! If everythig goes well, you can expect some quotes from, J.St.J and some waste-your-time blabling from... come on, you know who!

Do not forget some possible surprise from the lovable modders around here, the only real hope so far!

This post has been edited by The Battlelord: 15 April 2021 - 06:29 AM

Which brings me to the biggest surprise so far: ConsoleDuke

In the Duke4 discord there is this guy called Timmyboy1980Gaming who has been posting some pretty cool screenshots of a project he calls console Duke. I don't even know what this thing is (notably it does not come with a GOD DAMN README) however it apparently is the analogue of console Doom but for Duke Nukem.

What that means I know fuck all, however the latest release of his has added rescuing the babes to base Duke Nukem 3D (and apparently World Tour files as well according to Lunick?) so that is nice and totally something I wanted since ever.

Link to the mystery Timmyboy mod that still has no readme.
Link to another mod of Timmy, the Unofficial Con fix, whatever that is. I assume it is a bug fix for Console Duke. I don't know because THERE IS NO FUCKING READ ME.

As you can probably tell, this is driving me up the wall. It has been going on for months. :(

View Postjkas789, on 15 April 2021 - 07:23 AM, said:

Which brings me to the biggest surprise so far: ConsoleDuke

In the Duke4 discord there is this guy called Timmyboy1980Gaming who has been posting some pretty cool screenshots of a project he calls console Duke. I don't even know what this thing is (notably it does not come with a GOD DAMN README) however it apparently is the analogue of console Doom but for Duke Nukem.

What that means I know fuck all, however the latest release of his has added rescuing the babes to base Duke Nukem 3D (and apparently World Tour files as well according to Lunick?) so that is nice and totally something I wanted since ever.

Link to the mystery Timmyboy mod that still has no readme.
Link to another mod of Timmy, the Unofficial Con fix, whatever that is. I assume it is a bug fix for Console Duke. I don't know because THERE IS NO FUCKING READ ME.

As you can probably tell, this is driving me up the wall. It has been going on for months. :(

lol, at first glance ConsoleDukeV2 looks like the usual Duke 3D with some more features, like save the babes indeed, there is also a mix from everything from other game versions and expansions (looking at files and folders: sounds, musics and maps from Vacation, NW, WT, DN64, TotalMeltdown and even beta 0.99 and lameduke), can't find so much of during the gameplay though.

ConSupp V5.1 caught me by surprise, there are a slight less files from the already wrote stuff above, but you'll notice lot of differences during the gameplay.
I usually start a run from E1L1 and, even though i think is not completed yet, i was not able to stop myself to play and explofre the "new" 1st episode, it looks like a mix of everything (maybe a bit too much mixed), the first thing is that some maps and areas are different, Hollywood Holocaust looks like a mix between DN3D, DN64 and beta 0,99, plus some TotalMetldown posters, you cannot let you guard down either due the amount and types of monsters that will spawn.
As some sounds are modified you can't trust anything, i've heard an Overlord in E1L3, but it was not there lol, something else was there, the player will have a good amount of interesting and bad surprises Posted Image.

And i'll stop here as i won't spoil too much, but even though is not yet finished, i'll sugguest to give it a try (it works on old eduke32 versions too!), just make a new folder extract ConSupp content in it , then throw eduke32 and Duke3D.grp in the same folder, launch eduke32, just choose L.A Meltdown (to easly notice the best changes) and there you go.

BTW, excuse me the OT.

This post has been edited by The Battlelord: 15 April 2021 - 11:38 PM

User is offline   NNC 

Actually, even the more pessimistic ones expected at least a cringe-worthy announcement by Randy about the birthday, nobody expected complete silence. But why are we surprised?

View PostThe Watchtower, on 16 April 2021 - 01:05 AM, said:

nobody expected complete silence.

I do.

It's best to eliminate all expectations when it comes to Duke.

User is online   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Posted Image

User is offline   Outtagum 

Randy has been through enough controversy. Imagine being in his position and tweeting "Happy Anniversary" to a sexist misogynist. Yikes. They'd boycott anything Borderlands until he apologized or was cancelled.

View PostHendricks266, on 16 April 2021 - 11:30 AM, said:

Posted Image

Fun fact, Reggie recently tweted that (and I quote):

Mother 3 English version. Every time I think it’s time to play it, I get trolled and decide to put it off. Maybe I will fire it up this weekend.

Attached Image: Screenshot_3.jpg

Link to the tweet.

Which probably just means he means to play the fan translation. I hope.

Being a Nintendo fan can be nothing but misery and pain.

Share this topic:

• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options