Duke4.net Forums: OGG files - Duke4.net Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

OGG files

User is offline   LAW 

#1

Hello.

What is the quickest and the safest method of creating OGG files? Online MP3 -> OGG converters are out of question. I need some nice, light program, which also works on XP :)
0

User is offline   Danukem 

  • Duke Plus Developer

#2

I use goldwave. The free trial allows you to use it a long time and it converts into a bazillian different formats included ogg in any bitrate you want, plus it does lots of other things.
0

User is offline   LAW 

#3

View PostDanukem, on 12 September 2020 - 12:24 AM, said:

I use goldwave. The free trial allows you to use it a long time and it converts into a bazillian different formats included ogg in any bitrate you want, plus it does lots of other things.


I guess you were writing about a newer version of Goldwave? I have an older Goldwave from the Duke Nukem 3D era and I have the license for it. I guess the old license won't work here, but after all it is not needed.

This post has been edited by LAW: 12 September 2020 - 03:20 AM

0

#4

Audacity is Free and Open Source, and there are older versions that work for XP. That's my program of choice for audio editing and exporting, it does support a large array of formats as well, including VOC.
0

User is online   Jimmy 

  • 1776 World Wide

#5

View PostLAW, on 12 September 2020 - 02:58 AM, said:

I guess you were writing about a newer version of Goldwave? I have an older Goldwave from the Duke Nukem 3D era and I have the license for it. I guess the old license won't work here, but after all it is not needed.

I would think you should be able to update it to a newer version for free with your old license according to their website. It looks like version 5.70 is the last version that supports XP.

Audacity is pretty good too, but I do prefer Goldwave.
0

User is offline   Hendricks266 

  • Weaponized Autism

  #6

I would recommend one of these encoders, which are kept up to date with the latest versions of the ogg and vorbis libraries: https://rarewares.or...-oggdropxpd.php
0

User is online   MusicallyInspired 

  • Buy Mage's Initiation!

#7

I've been using OGGDropXPD for years and years. Absolute best way. Also, LameDropXPD for MP3s and FLAC Frontend for FLACs.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 12 September 2020 - 12:43 PM

0

User is offline   wnderer 

#8

I believe ffmpeg will do it. ffmpeg can be a little difficult to figure out but it will do most video or audio conversions.

https://ffmpeg.org/

You can also try VLC media.

https://www.videolan.../vlc/index.html

Both should work on Windows XP.
0

#9

I use foobar2000 with specific codecs for converting everything works perfectly fine.
Foobar can also be used to record audio.
Also my favorite music player.
https://www.foobar2000.org/old
windows xp version

This post has been edited by Balls of Steel Forever: 15 September 2020 - 04:34 PM

0

User is offline   Hendricks266 

  • Weaponized Autism

  #10

View PostBalls of Steel Forever, on 15 September 2020 - 04:22 PM, said:

I use foobar2000 with specific codecs for converting everything works perfectly fine.
Foobar can also be used to record audio.
Also my favorite music player.
https://www.foobar2000.org/old
windows xp version

You will need the Free Encoder Pack if you go that route.
1

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password


Sign in options