Duke4.net Forums: Is the comic Duke Nukem: Glorious Bastard any good? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Is the comic Duke Nukem: Glorious Bastard any good?  "Please let it be good..."

User is offline   jkas789 

So according to the Duke Nukem Wiki, a comic of the franchise actually exists. Apparently its about Duke going back in time and fighting Nazis in WWII.

Has anyone here read this? Is it good or is it thrash?

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

It's free on Kindle. You can also get the trade paperback that includes the mini comic from the special editions of DNF for pretty cheap.

I can't imagine it's very good. The mini comic was so meh I didn't even bother checking out the rest.

View Post/Defiatron\, on 04 August 2020 - 12:46 AM, said:

It's free on Kindle. You can also get the trade paperback that includes the mini comic from the special editions of DNF for pretty cheap.

I can't imagine it's very good. The mini comic was so meh I didn't even bother checking out the rest.

Thanks mate! I'll download it then and check it out.

So I read it and what do you know? Its fine. Not good, kinda cringe at times with Duke's one liners and not very good writing but fine.

If you are interested here are some screenshots I took from the comic.

Overall I give it a 6 out of 10, if only for the novelty of its existence.

User is offline   necroslut 

It was so-so, from what I remember. Not terrible, but nothing really worthwhile either. Art wasn't very interesting. The World War II setting made it feel not very Duke-like, in terms of atmosphere, I recall. Also, "killing Nazis" was so overdone already by then.

User is offline   Outtagum 

I kinda want to see those cyborg sharks from the DNF comic in a game.

User is offline   necroslut 

View PostOuttagum, on 08 August 2020 - 01:07 PM, said:

I kinda want to see those cyborg sharks from the DNF comic in a game.

They would fit right into the PS1 games. I recall someone made sprites for them in the Stockpile thread.

View Postjkas789, on 04 August 2020 - 03:46 AM, said:

... Its fine. Not good, kinda cringe at times with Duke's one liners and not very good writing but fine. ... Overall I give it a 6 out of 10, if only for the novelty of its existence.

+1. I was lucky enough to have a bit of spare money last week and bought it direct from IDW as an epub because I detest Amazon ( may they rot in Klingon Hell forever :) ); this version includes the DNF mini-comic as well. It was ok to pass the time with and jkas789 in the quote above pretty much says it all.

View PostMartin Howe, on 08 August 2020 - 11:37 PM, said:

+1. I was lucky enough to have a bit of spare money last week and bought it direct from IDW as an epub because I detest Amazon ( may they rot in Klingon Hell forever :) ); this version includes the DNF mini-comic as well. It was ok to pass the time with and jkas789 in the quote above pretty much says it all.

The DNF mini-comic? Oh! My version didn't have that. is it worth dumping some bucks on it or should I pass on it?

View Postjkas789, on 09 August 2020 - 12:20 AM, said:

The DNF mini-comic? Oh! My version didn't have that. is it worth dumping some bucks on it or should I pass on it?

Well, it's in the same sort of style as the main comic, but not done as well; it's by no means crap, but it feels feels rushed. It's not set in the past, but in Duke's future, he appears as an older man who can still kick demon ass. If I'd already got the main comic free and had to buy it to get the mini comic, I probably wouldn't do it. I guess, only if you're a die-hard fan of the Duke and *must* have everything he did.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

I'm selling mine along with the DNF art book and mousepad.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184405211916

Funnily enough, browsing the Duppet show on facebook I found this comic:

https://www.facebook...876207549095275

Its, surprisingly ok for being essentially fanfiction. Its certainly better imo than the official Duke nukem comic.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options