Duke4.net Forums: Duke wants you to wear a mask during covid - Duke4.net Forums

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke wants you to wear a mask during covid  "Or he will rip your head off an shit down your neck"

User is offline   gemeaux333 

https://www.facebook...97065361545151/

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View Postgemeaux333, on 25 July 2020 - 09:08 AM, said:

Every country think he is the greatest but not perfect, but US is hardly a country you would like to live/work in

Shut the fuck up.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View Post/Defiatron\, on 25 July 2020 - 12:47 PM, said:

Shut the fuck up.

His statement is absurd on its face, that in a developed country of 300+ million people, nobody would want to live or work in it. I wouldn't even say that about really shit countries.

What's funny is that when you tell him to shut the fuck up, it actually makes his statement sound true, because it sounds so damn defensive. :)

User is offline   Mark 

He should google the surveys that show how many 100s of millions of people say they would migrate to the US if they could.

User is offline   Hank 

^ Look I tried to get him over here to see it for himself. Since there is no interest, his loss - next. :)

This post has been edited by Hank: 25 July 2020 - 02:57 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostTrooper Dan, on 25 July 2020 - 01:40 PM, said:

His statement is absurd on its face, that in a developed country of 300+ million people, nobody would want to live or work in it. I wouldn't even say that about really shit countries.

What's funny is that when you tell him to shut the fuck up, it actually makes his statement sound true, because it sounds so damn defensive. :)

It is beyond absurd. Millions of people risk their lives a year to enter this country illegally nevermind the millions who are happy to follow our rules for entering the country legally. It is absolutely the dumbest fucking thing ever posted on this forum.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Frankly I want Europeans proud to be European. We couldn't possibly accommodate the whole world trying to come here. But you know they're just jealous when they insult America with no mention as to what's so good about their own countries.

This post has been edited by R A D A Я: 25 July 2020 - 08:38 PM

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

View Postgemeaux333, on 25 July 2020 - 08:03 AM, said:

And negative impact of masks is the same bullshits-nonsense provided by the same charlatans (if the mask you wear prevent you to breath, then better take a better mask), and even then who do wear masks except when meeting other peoples (no point in wearing it 24/7) ?
Denying these facts is all about pure selfishness !

I am asthmatic and the masks are literally suffocating.

Please don't deny this fact, and the facts of how it restricts breathing for many people. You are the one being a charlatan.

This post has been edited by Ninety-Six: 26 July 2020 - 04:59 AM

User is online   ck3D 

#shenanigans

This post has been edited by ck3D: 26 July 2020 - 05:11 AM

This is better than words :

https://www.facebook...164068096655637

"DID YOU KNOW

Imagine you were born in 1900.

When you're 14, World War I begins and ends when you're 18 with 22 million dead.

Soon after a global pandemic, the Spanish Flu, appears, killing 50 million people. And you're alive and 20 years old.

When you're 29 you survive the global economic crisis that started with the collapse of the New York Stock Exchange, causing inflation, unemployment and famine.

When you're 33 years old the nazis come to power.

When you're 39, World War II begins and ends when you're 45 years old with a 60 million dead. In the Holocaust 6 million Jews die.

When you're 52, the Korean War begins.
When you're 64, the Vietnam War begins and ends when you're 75.

A child born in 1985 thinks his grandparents have no idea how difficult life is, but they have survived several wars and catastrophes.

Today we have all the comforts in a new world, amid a new pandemic. But we complain because we need to wear masks. We complain because we must stay confined to our homes where we have food, electricity, running water, wifi, even Netflix! None of that existed back in the day. But humanity survived those circumstances and never lost their joy of living.

A small change in our perspective can generate miracles. We should be thankful that we are alive. We should do everything we need to do to protect and help each other.

This message should reach everyone."

So in other words : GROW UP !!!

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 26 July 2020 - 07:04 AM

View PostNinety-Six, on 26 July 2020 - 04:58 AM, said:

I am asthmatic and the masks are literally suffocating.

Please don't deny this fact, and the facts of how it restricts breathing for many people. You are the one being a charlatan.

View Postgemeaux333, on 26 July 2020 - 07:00 AM, said:

So in other words : GROW UP !!!

View PostNinety-Six, on 26 July 2020 - 07:09 AM, said:

There is nothing more I can do for you then...

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 26 July 2020 - 07:20 AM

What the fuck am I reading now?

I am asthmatic. My father has COPD. My mother has COPD and asthma. You are seriously going to tell us, and everyone else with these medical problems, that suffocating is the healthy way to proceed with the day. I cannot even have a bedsheet over my head before I start struggling. You ignore the opinion of several other medical professionals just because they do not fit your narrative, regurgitating talking points instead of being open-minded to other opinions; being willfully ignorant and dismissive of other viewpoints, and then you have the audacity to compare breathing with being able to watch Netflix?!

I am going to put this as kindly as I can. If this is the kind of ignorant insanity you want to post, then you can, quite frankly, shove it up your ass.

EDIT: I saw your original post. Don't hide it. I already know your contemptuous opinion of us "poor dumb sick bumpkins."

This post has been edited by Ninety-Six: 26 July 2020 - 07:37 AM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostFuturetime23, on 26 July 2020 - 07:19 AM, said:

What the fuck am I reading now?

authoritarian mask propaganda

This post has been edited by Forge: 26 July 2020 - 07:32 AM

View PostNinety-Six, on 26 July 2020 - 07:29 AM, said:

I am asthmatic. My father has COPD. My mother has COPD and asthma. You are seriously going to tell us, and everyone else with these medical problems, that suffocating is the healthy way to proceed with the day. I cannot even have a bedsheet over my head before I start struggling. You ignore the opinion of several other medical professionals just because they do not fit your narrative, regurgitating talking points instead of being open-minded to other opinions; being willfully ignorant and dismissive of other viewpoints, and then you have the audacity to compare breathing with being able to watch Netflix?!

I am going to put this as kindly as I can. If this is the kind of ignorant insanity you want to post, then you can, quite frankly, shove it up your ass.

EDIT: I saw your original post. Don't hide it. I already know your contemptuous opinion of us "poor dumb sick bumpkins."

Medical professional recommandations are a thing and may be respectable/legitimate, but the worst thing is... some peoples are using their mispelled "disabled cards" to harm other peoples...

But your entire assessment/statement proves a thing : Isolation makes you agressive, obsessionnal and paranoid !

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 26 July 2020 - 07:46 AM

User is offline   king karl 

interesting considering the evidence in favor of masks reducing spread is so mixed. yes i know the CDC data now says to wear one but that's a simplifacation for public consumption

View Postgemeaux333, on 26 July 2020 - 07:38 AM, said:

And your last two sentences proves a thing : Isolation makes you agressive, obsessionnal and paranoid !

To quote you, "#COVIDIOTS"

You called me an idiot for wanting to breathe.

"aggressive and paranoid."

Yeah okay I'm done with your shit. Goodbye.

View Postking karl, on 26 July 2020 - 07:42 AM, said:

interesting considering the evidence in favor of masks reducing spread is so mixed.

I'm aware. That was my point even: there are two sides to this debate, and then there's this guy insulting everyone not subscribing to the dogma despite there being more than "fringe" grounds to stand upon. Even when those people have a legitimate medical condition that would be severely hampered by the masks.

User is offline   Forge 

View Postgemeaux333, on 26 July 2020 - 07:38 AM, said:

Medical professional recommandations are a thing and may be legitimate, but the worst thing is... some peoples are using their mispelled "disabled cards" to harm other peoples...

the same medical professionals recommend people with breathing problems should not wear masks

you are very ill informed

View Postking karl, on 26 July 2020 - 07:42 AM, said:

interesting considering the evidence in favor of masks reducing spread is so mixed. yes i know the CDC data now says to wear one but that's a simplifacation for public consumption

Yes, pretty much all equivalents of CDC though masks weren't reliable, they had to face the truth and make a 180° turnback... It was the case in US and France anyway, exactly were the whole thing was mismanaged from the start (fortunately the local authorities did a great job in making masks available and making the social distancing mesures respected) !

Germany was way better prepared, one more time Germany is an example !

View PostNinety-Six, on 26 July 2020 - 07:47 AM, said:

I'm aware. That was my point even: there are two sides to this debate, and then there's this guy insulting everyone not subscribing to the dogma despite there being more than "fringe" grounds to stand upon. Even when those people have a legitimate medical condition that would be severely hampered by the masks.

View PostForge, on 26 July 2020 - 07:48 AM, said:

the same medical professionals recommend people with breathing problems should not wear masks

you are very ill informed

Yes, Professionnals are making exceptions when they are legitimate and justified and thats respectable, I am aware of it myself, I was just not aware that peoples with respiratory issues were receiving a favor treatment and let alone being allowed to socialize in these circumstances... but yet there is always peoples to abuse theses things (the mispelled "disabled cards" business among other things)...

I too am officially considered "disabled" in my country, but I don't use it as an excuse to harm other peoples by refusing to wear a mask, even though if it might limit my ability to breathe when I wear it, AND if I don't wear mask in places regrouping peoples (medical professionnals, supermarkets,etc...) I risk a fine of 135 Euros if there's a policeman around (US should do the same, peoples becomes more serious when there's things/money at stakes) !

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 26 July 2020 - 08:30 AM

User is offline   Forge 

View Postgemeaux333, on 26 July 2020 - 07:48 AM, said:

I risk a fine of 135 Euros if there's a policeman around (US should do the same!

that's illegal and violates civil rights and protection of people with disabilities.

so the whole point of your post is to hate on the US because they don't have the same draconian laws your country has.
sux to be you.
go wear your mask and suffocate for your glorious leader

Whatever happened to the idea of "my body, my choice"? Oh wait...

You know, if people feel better wearing a mask, then fine, they can wear one. If they think it works, again, they can wear one and then they won't have to worry about someone like me walking around without one, because they'll be wearing theirs. I am an adult, I own myself and am responsible for myself, I make my own choices, I choose not to wear one for various reasons. Sue me. Who cares what those reasons are, shouldn't you be worried about your own issues instead? What's the problem, you're wearing your mask aren't you? So leave me alone.
Having to buy from the gas station after hours right now as masks cost more than my weeks groceries anyway, so it'd be pointless to get one as I'd then have no budget left to actually use the store. This country and its people are stupid, bring on the dictatorship and whatever that entails, sure I'll sink with the ship, but I'll laugh at these people as they meet the consequences they brought upon themselves. I used to care, I don't now, I'll watch the fuckers burn as they applaud every liberty they have stripped away from them with a smile.

View PostHigh Treason, on 26 July 2020 - 08:53 AM, said:

Whatever happened to the idea of "my body, my choice"? Oh wait...

I think the greatest irony of this debate is that myself and several members of my family are the high-risk potential patients for the virus, the ones a lot of this enforcement is supposed to protect, with each of us having two or more of the conditions that make the virus more likely to be fatal. And yet, we expect ourselves to take care of ourselves. Our safety is our business, and nobody else's. We wash our hands, we cover our mouth when we cough or sneeze, and...well, most of us didn't get out much as it was so no real change there.

Point remains. Advising caution and safe practices is one thing, mandating such things (especially when based on claims that only half of medical professionals agree on) is going way too far. At some point responsibility falls on the individual and not those around them.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostForge, on 26 July 2020 - 07:31 AM, said:

authoritarian mask propaganda

Even worse, he posted a Boomer chain letter.

User is offline   Hank 

View Postgemeaux333, on 26 July 2020 - 07:00 AM, said:

>> cut
A small change in our perspective can generate miracles. We should be thankful that we are alive. We should do everything we need to do to protect and help each other.
<< cut

I feel sorry for you; and anyone else forfeiting freedom for government regulated safety while drumming up their autocrat’s propaganda. :)

User is offline   Merlijn 

I'll never understand why the simple precaution of wearing a mask in public became part of your culture war, but here we are..

Unless you have a condition like Ninety-six has, you're freaking out for no real reason.

that's illegal and violates civil rights and protection of people

You know you can get fined for not wearing a seatbelt, riding a bike without a helmet etc? Or do you guys consider those things authoritarian as well (even when they make traffic safer)?
And yes, there are many uncertainties around covid19, none of us has all the answers. But I think this is one of those 'better safe than sorry' situations.

On topic: the background for the Duke duppet movies is pretty sweet! :)

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postgemeaux333, on 26 July 2020 - 07:48 AM, said:

Yes, Professionnals are making exceptions when they are legitimate and justified and thats respectable, I am aware of it myself, I was just not aware that peoples with respiratory issues were receiving a favor treatment and let alone being allowed to socialize in these circumstances...

Just wanted to address this one factual claim. I'm not aware of people with medical issues being given permission to go about their business without masks. That may be true in some localities depending on the law, but that's definitely not the case in general. There are several people in my family who work with the public, and customers who try to give excuses for not wearing masks are not admitted. We are also aware of fraudulent "certificates" that people are scammed into buying that allegedly allow them to go without masks, and we don't accept them.

I think you misconstrued what Forge said. He said that medical professionals "recommend" that certain people don't wear masks. That's true, but it doesn't imply that those people are allowed to engage in all the activities they want to. That was your inference.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostMerlijn, on 26 July 2020 - 12:33 PM, said:

You know you can get fined for not wearing a seatbelt, riding a bike without a helmet etc? Or do you guys consider those things authoritarian as well (even when they make traffic safer)?

Depends on where you live actually. It's incredibly authoritarian, to boot. States like New Hampshire are awesome because there are no laws around seatbelts or wearing a helmet, and the speed limits are higher than most states too.

What you'll find if you really study traffic laws is that they don't make people safer, they generate the state more revenue. People who wear seatbelts assume they are "safe" so they drive more dangerously than people who don't wear them. Most traffic laws in the United States are vastly unconstitutional but courts turn a blind eye to this because it generates their paychecks. The fact you even have to have a license to drive or hunt or fish is fucking ridiculous.

The government can kiss my ass. I haven't updated my plates or had my truck inspected since March when they expired because the fucking DMV has been closed, and now you have to make appointments a month in advance to get anything done? Fuck outta here. The mask mandates are outright illegal, and I imagine lawsuits are coming because even Wal-Mart got cold feet and rescinded it's mask restrictions.

This post has been edited by /Defiatron\: 26 July 2020 - 01:07 PM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Just trust the "experts". They "know better". And if you don't, you're a "bad person".

This post has been edited by R A D A Я: 26 July 2020 - 01:13 PM

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options