Duke4.net Forums: Happy 9th anniversary DNF! - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Happy 9th anniversary DNF!  "Share your favorite memories of this POS and how it disappointed you."

User is offline   NNC 

View Postnecroslut, on 21 June 2020 - 08:44 AM, said:

Just who the hell cares?

Yeah, I don't get it. Why are these vloggers considered relevant? They are literally like us. A person with an opinion. They just happened to be attention whores who express these opinions through their voices in a ""funny"" video.

This post has been edited by The Watchtower: 08 July 2020 - 10:44 PM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Why does your opinion matter?

User is offline   necroslut 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 09 July 2020 - 06:21 AM, said:

Why does your opinion matter?

Because his opinion is generally well-argued and though-out. Also, he's actually present here.
You don't see anyone coming into threads going "Oh, The Watchtower did/didn't like it!"

This post has been edited by necroslut: 11 July 2020 - 02:18 AM

• The Sarien Encounter

Some YTers opinions are well thought out too. The reason people say "oh Civvie didn't like it" is not to legitimize or delegitimize anything. It's just a passing note of interest. Some people share opinions with Civvie on many things as it turns out and can use videos like his (along with others) as a gauge for their personal enjoyment of a game. Not the final say, just to get an idea. Nobody is going "well if GManLives or LGR didn't like it then I don't either."

The caricatures and fake voices is just layer of entertainment on top which I don't think there's anything wrong with. It's no different than watching a movie. I don't agree with every opinion any Youtuber has but if they're entertaining I'll watch them anyway. But none of that is supposed to legitimize a game beyond "many people seem to like it including Civvie who's got his head on straight when it comes to problems with gameplay elements, so chances are I'll enjoy it too." Not "OMG Civvie loved this game so I'm gonna love it too! #CivvieIsKing"

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 11 July 2020 - 07:37 AM

User is offline   Perro Seco 

That's a smart answer, but unfortunately not how the average Civvie fan acts. Most of them just spam with stupid comments everywhere, like "the lack of Civvie references here worries me" or "#FreeCivvie" or some random quotes of his. So no, most of them are just parrots repeating whatever he says.

TekWar is one of my favourite games despite its quality. I guess it's because it impressed me a lot when I was a kid with stuff like the subway train, moving vehicles, innocent peds, city levels (I didn't know about Duke 3D then), etc.

But now guess what, you don't even need to try it for yourself, because...

View PostNightFright, on 02 February 2020 - 11:37 AM, said:

Capstone games were nothing more like utter garbage, anyway. Civvie's Tek War video is all you need to watch.

I don't know about other Capstone games, but I've heard some good things about Witchaven, for example. I've even seen some people making maps for it, so I guess it's not as bad as Civvie and his spambot army say.

• The Sarien Encounter

If people here are posting stuff like that then I must be missing all of those threads.

User is offline   Player Lin 

I actually played Witchaven 1 and 2 in DOS many years ago......

While I like medieval knight-y shit on both games, but they really tortured me so hard that I just deleted them after keeping dying by instant-kill traps(trust me, it was not that easy to jump or avoid them as the control was bad enough, as I already got used to Duke3D's) and/or nasty enemies, and buggy savegames was final blow(I'm not sure why, the savegame always f***ed when I try to load my savegame...), and I never want to try again anymore. :P

Yeah, I know some made maps for both games so I feel my skills just not good enough for both shit, I guess. :)

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 13 July 2020 - 08:22 AM

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options