Duke4.net Forums: where did the Cantonese phrases come from? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

where did the Cantonese phrases come from?

User is offline   Jim 

I was wondering where the Cantonese enemy quotes originally came from in ep 2. As somebody who speaks Cantonese, they are hilarious

This post has been edited by Jim: 02 May 2020 - 07:01 PM

User is offline   Player Lin 

I'm guessing that was not somebody who native Cantonese speaker for sure...doesn't sounds like that...

Also back when the first release of EP2...those texts(papers for info and computer password) was machine translated Simp. Chinese(you know, people in HK are using Trad. Chinese)...thank god I did played that time and catch them(and offered my help to fix)...plus the Cantonese voice actings...I almost went "rofl"... ;)

Well, as a Taiwanese my knowledge of Cantonese just almost nothing but I can feel something went off when heard them...

User is offline   Jblade 

I got them from Soldier of Fortune 2; by all means I'd be open to people who speak real cantonese to voice replacements (naturally I don't understand what they're saying, I could only go from the filenames what they were supposed to be saying)

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Would anyone be able to translate the Cantonese dialog? What's so funny about what they say? ;)

User is offline   Jim 

On a related note, who wrote the Chinese messages in Big Trouble in China and the wharf? They are surprisingly good, makes sense grammar wise!

User is offline   Jblade 

They were originally machine translated but Player Lin kindly went over and re-wrote them for us so they're accurate.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options