Duke4.net Forums: NBlood / Rednukem / PCExhumed binaries - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

NBlood / Rednukem / PCExhumed binaries  "Unofficial builds for Nblood / Rednukem / PCExhumed"

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

< Heavy edits to original post were done here - mod corruption super powers and stuff >

My autobuilds are offline, please check https://github.com/n...NBlood/releases
You will always find the latest builds here.

Old post follows...

Around December I noticed that many were stuck using outdated builds of nblood / rednukem and that was bit of a bummer.
Obviously source compilation is always a bit of an entry barrier so to help with what I could and decided to cobble together a rudimentary buildbot to give something back to these awesome ports.
This was also combined with a discord bot I setup for our internal use during Fury dev, where "Ridge Forrester" and "Brooke Logan" would give helpful messages on any Fury or eduke32 SVN commits.
Pretty much after this was setup, pcexhumed became a thing so that was of course added to the mix.

Goal here is to provide a hassle-free way of playing with these ports for the time being.
Remember to thank the actual devs, I'm just compiling.

DISCLAIMER
These builds are not official builds and while the developers these days link to these from their web page and have sort of gained a semi-official status, these are still not to be considered officially sanctioned stable builds.
These are provided completely independently from the developers, if something breaks, it might be a fuck up in my end, but don't let that get you discouraged about reporting bugs ;)

This post has been edited by oasiz: 23 December 2023 - 03:50 AM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Very useful and I download builds from here all the time. My only suggestion is that you should align with the EDuke32 synthesis and display new builds at the top, instead of requiring the user to scroll all the way to the bottom for new builds. The list will get rather long in just a couple of months.

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

View PostRADAЯ, on 14 March 2020 - 04:25 PM, said:

Very useful and I download builds from here all the time. My only suggestion is that you should align with the EDuke32 synthesis and display new builds at the top, instead of requiring the user to scroll all the way to the bottom for new builds. The list will get rather long in just a couple of months.

Yes, that's what I cryptically referred to with "Nginx autoindex". ;)
A mockup of something I've been working on My link
It's about 80% there, missing all autogeneration etc.. but it's just to give an idea.

Once these are done, I think this should service for the time being.

User is offline   Mr. Death 

I've been patiently waiting for this! Thank you for taking the time to make these 32-bit builds available for those of us still using older hardware, I really appreciate it!

So far, I've played through the whole first episode of Blood, as well as the first few levels of Exhumed/PowerSlave. Everything seems to work perfectly, and I haven't encountered any obvious bugs or crashes yet. I don't own Redneck Rampage, so I can't personally comment on how that one runs.

Once again, thanks oasiz for setting this up!

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

That's great to hear, thanks a lot for the testing feedback!
Out of curiosity, do you experience the same white texture issue with exhumed when booting up with 32bit AND having polymost enabled ?

If not, I would be interested on knowing your hardware specs ;)

User is offline   Mr. Death 

View Postoasiz, on 15 March 2020 - 12:34 PM, said:

That's great to hear, thanks a lot for the testing feedback!
Out of curiosity, do you experience the same white texture issue with exhumed when booting up with 32bit AND having polymost enabled ?

If not, I would be interested on knowing your hardware specs ;)

Actually, no I didn't experience the white texture bug with Exhumed. I was fully prepared to use the workaround you listed in your post, but all of the textures appeared normal for me (when starting w/ Polymost).

Here are my dinosaur specs XD:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ (2.4GHz)
NVIDIA Geforce 9800GT (512MB)
4GB RAM
Windows Vista 32-bit
1024x768 Monitor w/ 75hz Refresh Rate & 32-Bit Depth
Western Digital 500GB Hard Drive

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Thanks, this might be a driver related quirk.
I will need to test this with the other system I have.

Possibly related to the shaders doing the "modern palette emulation"

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Ok, doesn't happen on intel HD and sirlemonhead confirmed that his older AMD is good. This definitely is something limited to newer nvidia hardware and likely driver level.

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Ok... this is now auto-generated on build: https://lerppu.net/nbloodtest/

I will relocate this tomorrow to the usual location and enable manual browsing some other way.
This should make it easier to download the latest stuff (newest will always be at the top)

Will change the order of the ports around as I noticed the mismatch between the 3 ports plus a few other missing links.

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Much better than browsing through the subdirs of each port. Thumbs up!

User is offline   Newken 

The 64-bit Rednukem link is incorrect. ;)

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Ok!

I made the page go live now, builds have been reverted to semi-automated as I want to iron out remaining kinks.
My awesome CSS skills (copypaste from W3C Schools) should work on most browsers.

Suggestions are welcome but i think this shall do until further notice.
(I assume it will remain permanently temporary)

Hot behind the scenes footage of the compiler chain:

@newken, thanks! This has been fixed on the link generation now.

This post has been edited by oasiz: 22 March 2020 - 08:09 AM

• The Truth is in here

Rednukem 64-bit link is still incorrect, even though if you go to the changelog links, everything works.

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

View PostNightFright, on 23 March 2020 - 01:09 AM, said:

Rednukem 64-bit link is still incorrect, even though if you go to the changelog links, everything works.

Just tested that it's correct, are you still using the nbloodtest or wannabethesis URL ?
Try nuking the cache ;)

nbloodtest itself is just a test bed so it might have leftovers.

• The Truth is in here

I was indeed using the outdated link. Everything is shiny with the link from the OP. Thanks for the hint!

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

64bit release was broken for the last few builds, it should be working again -- latest r11575 should be good to use.
I noticed that pcexhumed has some weird crash that is likely related to something with gcc 10.1, only seems to affect 64bit release coincidentally.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

make RELEASE=0 fails for etekwar.exe and ewitchaven.exe.
(gcc.exe (Rev3, Built by MSYS2 project) 10.1.0):
Attached File  make-etekwar.log (2.19K)
Number of downloads: 8
Attached File  make-ewitchhaven.log (5.1K)
Number of downloads: 6

View PostLeoD, on 14 June 2020 - 08:58 AM, said:

make RELEASE=0 fails for etekwar.exe and ewitchaven.exe.
(gcc.exe (Rev3, Built by MSYS2 project) 10.1.0):
Attachment make-etekwar.log
Attachment make-ewitchhaven.log

Are those two more ports from Nuke.YKT?

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View Postenderandrew, on 15 June 2020 - 07:31 AM, said:

Are those two more ports from Nuke.YKT?
The actual contributor is sirlemonhead so far. ETekWar is based on JonoF's jftekwar. I haven't tried anything beyond compiling, starting, and closing these. It may take months until beta or even alpha stage.

• The Truth is in here

(Post moved to Rednukem thread.)

This post has been edited by NightFright: 24 November 2020 - 08:25 AM

User is offline   supergoofy 

What is the state of EWitchaven & ETekWar ? Playable?
I'm more interested in EWitchaven.
When can we expect official binaries ?

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

I don't know how well they work really.
Last I asked it was just initial stuff being done.

If they reach a state where they are auto-compile-worthy then I will have no issues adding those in as well.

User is online   Phredreeke 

Do you keep stats on how many times each port/arch is downloaded? If so what % of downloads are for the 32-but builds? I grew curious after learning from Graf Zahl that only around 1% of GZDoom users were using 32-bit systems (which makes sense given that x86-64 has been around for something like 15 years now)

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

I do keep stats but don't trust the figures 100% as there are clear instances of people rigorously downloading every build and variant that gets uploaded :)
Across 597 days, I see for example that on "Mon 21 Jun 03:00:50 EEST 2021" we have 2190 total downloads when a typical day is hovering around 50~150. Nearly all of these downloads are from a single IP (full download dump).
So in many cases you have people downloading both 32/64. You'd need actual telemetry to tell usage apart beyond that.

Remember that while people might use 32bit builds, it doesn't mean it's actually needed, some just default to it due to familiarity.

grep win32 | wc -l
grep win64 | wc -l

grep nblood | grep win64 | wc -l
grep nblood | grep win32 | wc -l

I could make the figures public I guess since I already hash the IP in a lossy way so it shouldn't be possible to trace back.

Threre are 347 nblood builds (a bit less but around the same for rednukem/pcexhumed).
Each one has 32/64 + debug.
If someone wants to download them all today, it's about ~3490 zip files.

User is offline   Tiddalick 

Hi oasiz,

It seems that some of the recent changes have broken your auto builds.
The last successful build of NBlood I can get on your site is r13229 (June 13).

Hopefully its not too much work for you to get this working again. Your builds have been invaluable in getting the incremental improvements outside of the official builds.

• The Truth is in here

Question about NBlood's rffdefineid definition:
How does it work with sounds? I am trying to convert BloodLines to NBlood format, trying to prevent creating new blood.rff and sound.rff and ended up with this for my custom def file:

include blood.def

// QAV
rffdefineid "QAV\AXEUP" "QAV" 0 "SYSTEM"
[...]

// SEQ
rffdefineid "seq\MAD1I1" "SEQ" 4352 "SYSTEM"
[...]

// KVX
rffdefineid "KVX\800_BOOK" "KVX" 56 "SYSTEM"
[...]

// Sounds
rffdefineid "snd\AX_SWIPE" "RAW" 1101 "SOUND"
[...]

While the graphics replacements seem to work, the sound code doesn't. How is the syntax/conversion process for sound?
The assets reside in subdirs "kvx", "qav", "seq" and "snd".

This post has been edited by NightFright: 24 November 2022 - 06:13 AM

User is online   Phredreeke 

Thank you NightFright. Unfortunately NBlood doesn't at this moment have the def syntax for importing sounds through def.

I'd really like to see a standardised addon format for Blood so users could just download one file and load it up in any port (assuming no port-specific features are used)

• The Truth is in here

That's unfortunate. A lot of disk space is wasted by having to integrate modified resources into the rff files, and you can't even zip them. At least you are getting problems when compressing sounds.rff since it makes loading times increase drastically.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options