Duke4.net Forums: Viewing threads in Duke4's forums is "Not Secure" when using Google. - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Viewing threads in Duke4's forums is "Not Secure" when using Google.

I use Google Chrome and when I view threads, I've noticed that there's a "Not Secure" instead of a lock icon next to the IP address.

Can someone make every thread secure? Needs a fix.

Thanks.

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 01 March 2020 - 06:41 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

The lock icon is a lie to lull you into a false sense of security.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

If everything is secure, nothing is.

Posted Image

View PostJimmy, on 01 March 2020 - 06:20 PM, said:

The lock icon is a lie to lull you into a false sense of security.

Did Terminix or Hendricks manage to lose the keys and hired a locksmith to get rid of all of the locks? Posted Image

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Yatta is already perusing your dick pic collection, just accept it.

It's just chrome being stupid. don't worry about it.

User is offline   Hank 

View PostDustFalcon85, on 01 March 2020 - 06:35 PM, said:

Did Terminix or Hendricks manage to lose the keys and hired a locksmith to get rid of all of the locks? Posted Image

This is what I get with TOR and Firefox, on this page only - a grey padlock with a yellow triangle.
It means:
A gray padlock with an orange or yellow triangle indicates that Firefox is not blocking insecure passive content, such as images. By default, Firefox does not block mixed passive content; you will simply see a warning that the page isn't fully secure. Attackers may be able to manipulate parts of the page like displaying misleading or inappropriate content, but they should not be able to steal your personal data from the site.

duke4.net is secure! No trackers, no nothing. ;)

Or in much more simple terms, there is an avatar that is linking to a website that isn't TLS secured (such as DustFalcon85's).

And I noticed that for some reason, users that didn't set an avatar (like myself) instead have a blank one that links to:

http://www.gravatar.com/avatar/f901f150755d35871d8fbdc6a0863524?d=https%3A%2F%2Fforums. duke4.net%2Fpublic%2Fstyle_avatars%2Fblank_avatar.gif

Should just disable avatar hotlinking really.

This post has been edited by Doom64hunter: 02 March 2020 - 05:11 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options