Duke4.net Forums: World Tour GDX boss - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

World Tour GDX boss

User is offline   Jim 

Hey M210, since you did some optional fixes for Paladin, can you give the world tour boss more flamethrower range? Or give it a missile? Thanks much!

User is offline   Dzierzan 

Fixes for PaladinsGDX were necessary, otherwise the game would have been unplayable (head bobbing, infinite projectiles, jumping and most likely a few others I can't currently recall). Now, while 5th episode boss was shitty, I strongly disagree fixing him, as that would be altering the game way too much, too much for a port which is supposed to bring "vanilla" experience (yes, yes, sometimes M210 doesn't exactly follow that rule).

User is offline   Jim 

That's why I made to make the changes optional. Furthermore, such changes have been made before (making redneck keys look brighter).

User is offline   Phredreeke 

Colored redneck keys are a purely visual change and can be toggled on and off anyway.

User is offline   Jim 

Its clearly a bug tho, the boss keeps firing the flamethrower even when the player is clearly out of range instead of moving

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Not my project but I think the thing should be coded in as-is before doing any fixes like that. If it's a coding bug then it's part of the original gameplay.
7p's case is more about tweaking the game to play like it did with old machines back in the day, as the game didn't have limits for it's timers, liberties were taken instead to fix those timers to the same saner values that you'd see on slower hardware.
In this case it's more about fixing an oversight that only appeared later on.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options