Duke4.net Forums: Duke Vision Noise - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Vision Noise

Is there a sound file or something I can delete to get rid of the duke vision noise? Seriously it's unbearably high pitched.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Just delete the whole game, dude.

View PostWill_Destroy, on 18 February 2020 - 08:00 PM, said:

Is there a sound file or something I can delete to get rid of the duke vision noise? Seriously it's unbearably high pitched.

you'd need to edit sounds.dat and mute the duke vision amb noise. This involves extracting the sounds with noesis, then finding the file inside the sounds.dat by using a hex editor and then inserting the new sound file in its place.

However an alternative quicker and easier solution would be to extract megapackage.dat with noesis, find the soundconfig.cvp file inside there, edit the following string inside the soundconfig with a hex editor: DukeVision_Amb and empty it out (don't delete it, just make sure it's all 00 on the hex side) or rename it to something else (idk, NukeVision_Amb) and then save that and put it in the Sounds folder of the game.

(albeit dlc loads it's own soundconfig.cvp file so no luck there, especially given all the anti tampering measures they put for the dlc lol)

View PostJimmy, on 18 February 2020 - 08:46 PM, said:

Just delete the whole game, dude.

I hate to admit it but I actually beat the game 3 times, almost 4, but I uninstalled. The game is playable, just has too many bad design choices, the duke vision noise being one of the worst, if not the worst.

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

View PostWill_Destroy, on 19 February 2020 - 12:28 AM, said:

The game is playable, just has too many bad design choices, the duke vision noise being one of the worst, if not the worst.

Heresy!!

View PostMike Norvak, on 19 February 2020 - 04:09 AM, said:

Heresy!!

Oh yeah everyone and their mom said the same thing. Look I wrote that post late at night and was very tired.

This post has been edited by Will_Destroy: 19 February 2020 - 05:03 PM

User is offline   gemeaux333 

The Duke Vision is problematic, but not because of the noise, because of the blue and white overlay : blinding white at the activation and when you meet a source of light !

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

View PostWill_Destroy, on 19 February 2020 - 05:03 PM, said:

Oh yeah everyone and their mom said the same thing. Look I wrote that post late at night and was very tired.

Just kidding

View PostMike Norvak, on 20 February 2020 - 09:54 AM, said:

Just kidding

jk lol

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostMike Norvak, on 20 February 2020 - 09:54 AM, said:

Just kidding

View PostWill_Destroy, on 20 February 2020 - 10:28 AM, said:

jk lol

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options