Duke4.net Forums: WGRealms 2020 screenshots. - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

WGRealms 2020 screenshots.  "WGRealms 2020 screenshots."

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

I like how most of the enemy designs remain recognizable from Siege Breaker. Fancy new sprites, of course, but there's not much of a need to relearn what enemies are what. A phase demon still looks like a phase demon, and so forth.

Probably inconsequential to most people, but as someone who has gone back to play SB a fair number of times, at least I appreciate it. It means I can focus more on the fighting and less on making sure I'm not confused about which threat an enemy is, and purely on what their threat is.

I'm counting the days.

This post has been edited by Ninety-Six: 08 October 2020 - 01:54 AM

User is offline   MrFlibble 

The new Ettin looks sad and moody. Also wolf-like? I'd suppose it's a little change to distance away from the original Hexen sprite because I always felt Ettins there had reptilian-like heads.

But overall sebabdukeboss20's remakes of the classic monsters are amazing, just like the stuff for AMC TC.

View PostMrFlibble, on 08 October 2020 - 02:23 AM, said:

The new Ettin looks sad and moody. Also wolf-like? I'd suppose it's a little change to distance away from the original Hexen sprite because I always felt Ettins there had reptilian-like heads.

But overall sebabdukeboss20's remakes of the classic monsters are amazing, just like the stuff for AMC TC.

Thanks. I did everything except the Doppleganger.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Posted Image

Just 2 more days and it's time to celebrate!

HOHO 1 DAY TO GO! :o B) B) B)

Posted Image

This post has been edited by William Gee: 13 October 2020 - 05:40 PM

I'm hyped. It won't look the prettiest for me, but at least I can play it. And once I have the power to back it up, I will come back to see it in its full intended glory.

Time can't pass any sooner.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostNinety-Six, on 13 October 2020 - 06:32 PM, said:

I'm hyped. It won't look the prettiest for me, but at least I can play it.

It won't be too bad. This shot is using classic renderer from the beginning of the game.

Posted Image

That's good. I know I keep going on about it but I really do appreciate that Demon Throne will be classic-compatible for those of us with machines too old to handle the new(er?) Polymost, even if it isn't the ideal way to experience the game. I'm just excited to see WGR come back in its final(?) form and to play it right away. I don't get to do that so often these days (my harddrive died before I could get to AA's new Galactic Gladiators, for instance), and I was always sad that WGR2 never seemed like it would be finished. So yeah I may be a bit...overhyped for the basic compatibility but my appreciation remains strong regardless.

The game looks surprisingly good in classic.

User is offline   MrFlibble 

View Postsebabdukeboss20, on 08 October 2020 - 10:34 AM, said:

Thanks. I did everything except the Doppleganger.

I just got to Blacksand and found the amazing remakes of Daggerfall small NPC sprites. Truly your artistic skill known no bounds. So many classic game characters from the 90s recreated and reimagined. Wow.
Attached Image: duke0023.pngAttached Image: duke0024.pngAttached Image: duke0027.pngpng]
And I love your mobile citizens. Completely original art and so much style.
Attached Image: duke0026.png
BTW, was this character based on some old game sprite or is he also an original creation?
Attached Image: duke0002.png

It's a 3d model I found and modified.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options