Duke4.net Forums: The Wild Ride, T. Ray Isaac's story - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Wild Ride, T. Ray Isaac's story

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

You aren't seriously trying to connect something in a former developer's blog to something Scott has on Facebook are you?
He says "D-Day" because of the cliche it is....the (beginning of the) end of something. The last day. The finale. The defeat.

Him saying "we finished DNF" is just going to make kids who aren't old enough to remember how long DNF was in development jizz all over the place thinking "OMFG ITZ A SIGN!!!!!1!!!" It's not a fucking sign. The irony of his statement is that DNF is a marking for racers who don't finish...oh, irony, you serve us well here:
He uses an analogy of racers who didn't finish a race and then says they finished DNF (Did Not Finish)....

I swear some of you guys have NFI.

T.Ray while unemployed chatted with me on MSN after 3DR shut down, he answered what questions he could, he is and always will be in my mind a nice guy. Last time we spoke he had gotten a job working on The Agency for PS3.

While im at it, Even during the closing down of 3DR i wrote to George expressing my sympathy and in everything that was happening he took the time to write me back and say thankyou for the email.

Scott Miller is on my facebook and he has responded to my messages regarding health and fitness and his time in Australia.

What im saying is LET THE BITTERNESS GO. These people are good people and are good at what they do.

User is offline   TURBOKID 

View PostCultureShock, on Jan 12 2010, 03:08 AM, said:

Isaac isn't a big picture guy. Jeez, what a thickie. High powered talent? Oh, fuck-ing hell... The day they took on Isaac was the day I knew that 3DR couldn't get anyone else. God knows what barrel scrapings the other hires were. And, you know what? It showed up in that piece-of-shit teaser, comments, and spoilers that came out later.

To cap it all off Isaac claims they "finished DNF". Yeah, in his mind. What a stupid, stupid, ass-tastic thing to say. It's just typical of Soda Joe types like this to parrot whatever the boss says or stick up for them even when they're shagging his wife on the side. But never mind any of that because 3DR knows how to close down a company really, really well.

How does this guy even have a job? Seriously, WTF???

And you are not a cock end?
Listen to yourself you peice of shit.
I don't like 3DR so what i am about to say is in no way a defence for 3DR or the (Ex)employees of 3DR.

"How does this guy even have a job? Seriously, WTF???"

Ok bitch what have you done? That's right nothing! And even if you had you are too pussy to show us.

"To cap it all off Isaac claims they "finished DNF". Yeah, in his mind. What a stupid, stupid, ass-tastic thing to say"

Oh yeah sorry i forgot you worked at 3DR and know all about what was done and what was not done you fucking retard!

"Jeez, what a thickie. High powered talent? Oh, fuck-ing hell"

Yes because you are so flipping smart aren't you cock smoker. And i see no talent coming from you, unless you count the post's you make that remind me somewhat of a steaming pile of shit!

FFS

DNF was around 8 months from shipping. At least thats what i heard.

Actually, Cultureshock, tell me what you actually KNOW about DNF? I mean seriously. tell me any inner workings that you seem to have all the knowledge over all of us that lets you formulate these amazing opinions???

This post has been edited by Benjamin Foley: 12 January 2010 - 09:21 AM

• I have the power!

Do you remember when they said DNF was a 1999 game?

View PostBenjamin Foley, on Jan 12 2010, 10:18 AM, said:

FFS

DNF was around 8 months from shipping. At least thats what i heard.

Hey Ben if you could have one wish what would it be?
Mine would be for CultureShock's head to explode on national television, that way it would be funny and you would get all the bullshit that comes out of his mouth on a frequent basis cleared up for good.

• I have the power!

You guys are being worse trolls than CultureShock is....there is no need for personal attacks (by anyone on anyone) and all of you are guilty of it (CS included).

Just because he isn't broadcasting what he does for a living doesn't mean CultureShock doesn't actually work for some software company. Maybe, just maybe, he is aware that if you people knew what he did you would do some crazy shit like stalk and harass him in his own work place rather than just some internet forum.

Y'all need to lighten up a little...

View PostCultureShock, on Jan 12 2010, 10:46 AM, said:

I pay attention and am not as stupid as they may assume.

Meaningful simplicity.

Genius.

My god you have a big head. Shame it's empty.

User is offline   Edli 

View PostMr.Flibble, on Jan 12 2010, 10:45 AM, said:

You guys are being worse trolls than CultureShock is....there is no need for personal attacks (by anyone on anyone) and all of you are guilty of it (CS included).

Just because he isn't broadcasting what he does for a living doesn't mean CultureShock doesn't actually work for some software company. Maybe, just maybe, he is aware that if you people knew what he did you would do some crazy shit like stalk and harass him in his own work place rather than just some internet forum.

Y'all need to lighten up a little...

TBH, I couldn't care less what he does for a living, it's his fucking holier-than-thou attitude towards everything that pisses me off.

View PostEdli, on Jan 12 2010, 03:30 PM, said:

TBH, I couldn't care less what he does for a living, it's his fucking holier-than-thou attitude towards everything that pisses me off.

Which is what i have been trying to say. It isn't about what he does, it is about him being mr i am so frigging perfect when i have nothing to back up my claims.
Hell if he shows me something he has worked on and it is actually good then i will take back everything i have ever said about him.

cultureshock is hilarious and awesome.

and a lot of what he says about gb and 3dr and their incompetence is true. which is even more awesome.

View PostMrAdidaKing, on Jan 12 2010, 04:46 PM, said:

cultureshock is hilarious and awesome.

and a lot of what he says about gb and 3dr and their incompetence is true. which is even more awesome.

3DR incompetent? Yes.
CultureShock hilarious and awesome? You must be smoking crack.

View PostDISRUPTOR, on Jan 12 2010, 05:59 PM, said:

3DR incompetent? Yes.
CultureShock hilarious and awesome? You must be smoking crack.

Just because he is so harsh doesn't mean what he is saying is bullshit.

View PostMrAdidaKing, on Jan 12 2010, 05:04 PM, said:

Just because he is so harsh doesn't mean what he is saying is bullshit.

That is correct.
What he is saying is bullshit means what he is saying is bullshit.
It isn't about what he thinks of 3DR.
As Edli stated "TBH, I couldn't care less what he does for a living, it's his fucking holier-than-thou attitude towards everything that pisses me off."

This post has been edited by DISRUPTOR: 12 January 2010 - 05:07 PM

User is offline   Edli 

Exactly. I don't care if he hates 3dr, duke, or anything, really. That's his business. What I do care is his fucking smug "I can do anything better than you can, I can do anything better than you" attitude he's got going on.

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

View PostMr.Flibble, on Jan 12 2010, 11:32 AM, said:

"we finished DNF"

Good to see the truth finally coming out. ;)

Seriously though, I've talked to several people recently and I've got pretty much the same story from them. I won't say their names to respect their privacy and no, they are not 3DR. Before I say this, I'm not confirming this to be true, I'm just reporting what I was told. It could be true, it could be B.S. I don't even believe this to be quite honest. Anyway, we may have been pranked by the biggest Rick Roll in gaming history. Apparently, and I'll say this much, "the game is in the final stages and the case was all faked to generate hype for an impending release."

Take that with a grain of salt. However, me personally, I could believe that just as much as I could believe the lawsuit to be real. Especially after seeing all of that media get leaked intentionally right after 3DR gets sued, and it hasn't stopped either. Jeron Moore leaked those short scenes in his demo reel about 3 months ago. On top of that, we have short clips popping up at YouTube. And then they act like they're upset that those clips are getting out, but they are the ones who leaked them. I mean, do you really think 3D Realms would let all that media and documents get out right after they were sued? They wouldn't even let that stuff get out if they weren't sued, unless they had a reason for doing it. There's clearly more that meets the eye here.

I don't know, that's my view on it. It sounds outrageous, I know, but anything is possible. Time will tell. As Scott said, give it a year and the truth will come out.

The people you have talked to, are they in the gaming-industry, or just random people?

User is offline   Edli 

Why would they fire their entire development team? Also, after 13 years of this bullshit, does this game really NEED anymore hype?

This post has been edited by Edli: 12 January 2010 - 05:56 PM

View PostFilth Wizard, on Jan 12 2010, 09:54 PM, said:

The people you have talked to, are they in the gaming-industry, or just random people?

Posted Image

That'll give you a hint of who one of them is. ;)

View PostEdli, on Jan 12 2010, 09:56 PM, said:

Why would they fire their entire development team? Also, after 13 years of this bullshit, does this game really NEED anymore hype?

I don't recall them saying "fire" anywhere. I think I heard them say "let the development team go" or something like that. I also remember T. Ray saying something along the lines of "we did all we can do" or similar. I would say the PC version is complete and they've been in the process of porting the game to consoles since May 2009. Believe me, there's a playable 360 port of the game. There's even a screenshot of it here somewhere in these forums if you look hard enough.

Anyway, there's plenty of indications out there that can be pointed out that seems to show this could indeed be a marketing stunt. You just have to read between the lines. :P

Still, don't get your hopes up. Nothing is confirmed. It's just heresay. But to get the same story from multiple sources does make me believe that there could be truth to this. Sure, a lawsuit has been filed, but it means nothing until there's a trial, which there hasn't been and I highly doubt there will be.

I dont care for Cultureshock's attitude, Whats getting to me, and this includes all of you, is the bad mouthing people who i know to be good hearted and hard working.

Im not trolling, im genuinly annoyed with the way these people are being bad mouthed who worked hard on this project.

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on Jan 13 2010, 02:36 AM, said:

Seriously though, I've talked to several people recently and I've got pretty much the same story from them. I won't say their names to respect their privacy and no, they are not 3DR. Before I say this, I'm not confirming this to be true, I'm just reporting what I was told. It could be true, it could be B.S. I don't even believe this to be quite honest. Anyway, we may have been pranked by the biggest Rick Roll in gaming history. Apparently, and I'll say this much, "the game is in the final stages and the case was all faked to generate hype for an impending release."

Take that with a grain of salt. However, me personally, I could believe that just as much as I could believe the lawsuit to be real. Especially after seeing all of that media get leaked intentionally right after 3DR gets sued, and it hasn't stopped either. Jeron Moore leaked those short scenes in his demo reel about 3 months ago. On top of that, we have short clips popping up at YouTube. And then they act like they're upset that those clips are getting out, but they are the ones who leaked them. I mean, do you really think 3D Realms would let all that media and documents get out right after they were sued? They wouldn't even let that stuff get out if they weren't sued, unless they had a reason for doing it. There's clearly more that meets the eye here.

I don't know, that's my view on it. It sounds outrageous, I know, but anything is possible. Time will tell. As Scott said, give it a year and the truth will come out.

OMG I seriously didn't expect that you think the lawsuit is a fraud. I'm a believer in the lawsuit since August last year...and now even you say its a hoax.
OK, I just keep thinking its real to keep myself calm. :P

But I seriously would like to know who shared the oppinion that "the game is in the final stages and the case was all faked to generate hype for an impending release."

THIS IS MADNESS!
:D

View PostJobi-Wan Kenobi, on Jan 13 2010, 05:19 AM, said:

OMG I seriously didn't expect that you think the lawsuit is a fraud.

I don't...completely. I don't know what to believe at the moment. ;)

http://forums.duke4....topic=36&st=810

Scroll down a little less than halfway. That'll calm you down...NOT! :P

This post has been edited by NUKEMDAVE: 13 January 2010 - 01:35 AM

User is offline   X-Vector 

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on Jan 13 2010, 02:36 AM, said:

This is so May 2009.

User is offline   crunchysuperman 

• Honored Donor

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on Jan 12 2010, 09:36 PM, said:

If that were true, it would certainly justify all the cruel venom spewed at George & Scott, as it would make them the biggest assholes on the planet for laying off all those folks just for a publicity stunt. A hoax it could have been for a week or two last May, but seven months? That's really reaching by whomever your sources are. If by some miracle it were true, they just lost a customer, and I'd say I'm not the only one. Some folks just like to spread FUD.

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

View PostCultureShock, on Jan 13 2010, 06:55 AM, said:

Can I pick up on this?

Back when 3DR first floated DNF as an idea they let it burn like a flare in the gaming magazines and only later did they admit they had no more than a rough prototype at the time. This publicity stunt rumour is an annoyingly close repeat of that. 3DR could end this speculation bullshit today by giving a clear and unequivocal statement as to where things are at but they're not. What's going to come later? "We didn't know." "It wasn't us."

This is true, totally correct and I must say I agree with every word. Up to 'it wasn't us'.

User is offline   Justyce 

View PostCultureShock, on Jan 13 2010, 08:25 AM, said:

Broussard comes steaming in here like a tank and throwing around "call yourselves fans" comments when there's one screenshot leakage but absolutely zip when it comes to crushing rumours. Nada. Nothing. That's inconsistent and no guarantee but a sign of bullshit. Some self-scrutiny would definitely be in order for any aspiring Philosopher-King.

Broussards trademark arrogance is one thing but the denials are something else. Moving on from the bad hire and windowlicking memoirs of Isaac, blaming everyone else for 3DR's recruitment issues and pigeon-holing everyone who didn't shuffle into place like a Dalek as a "hater" is mind boggling. You just don't do that.

Friends, Romans, countrymen. There is a better way...

MEEEEE TOO SEXY FOR MY SHIRT.

TOO SEXY FOR MY SHIRT.

TOO SEXY FOR MY SHIRT.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. *clutches nuts* Huuuargh.

* pokes him with a very large pointy stick - cuz I was told I could if I wanted to

User is offline   Justyce 

View PostCultureShock, on Jan 13 2010, 06:55 AM, said:

Can I pick up on this?

Back when 3DR first floated DNF as an idea they let it burn like a flare in the gaming magazines and only later did they admit they had no more than a rough prototype at the time. This publicity stunt rumour is an annoyingly close repeat of that. 3DR could end this speculation bullshit today by giving a clear and unequivocal statement as to where things are at but they're not. What's going to come later? "We didn't know." "It wasn't us." "The dog ate my homework".

I don't like bullshit or manipulation, and the way I see it is 3DR are still milking the Duke Nukem brand. All this vagueness and turning a blind eye is just arrogance and shady marketing. After a point you can't say it's mistakes or they were overwhelmed. It's deliberate. 3DR are like a bent politician, or a druggie, or some sneak thief that just can't leave the crack alone. I don't know what their punishment needs to be but this level of crap certainly deserves a kicking in my mind.

I hope they go to jail and lose everything, TBH. Oh, and Siegler before he wanders off too far.

* pokes him with a very large pointy stick - cuz I was told I could if I wanted to

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on Jan 13 2010, 04:20 AM, said:

Posted Image

That'll give you a hint of who one of them is. :D

I don't recall them saying "fire" anywhere. I think I heard them say "let the development team go" or something like that. I also remember T. Ray saying something along the lines of "we did all we can do" or similar. I would say the PC version is complete and they've been in the process of porting the game to consoles since May 2009. Believe me, there's a playable 360 port of the game. There's even a screenshot of it here somewhere in these forums if you look hard enough.

Anyway, there's plenty of indications out there that can be pointed out that seems to show this could indeed be a marketing stunt. You just have to read between the lines. ;)

Still, don't get your hopes up. Nothing is confirmed. It's just heresay. But to get the same story from multiple sources does make me believe that there could be truth to this. Sure, a lawsuit has been filed, but it means nothing until there's a trial, which there hasn't been and I highly doubt there will be.

Roger that :P

"They respected DNF enough to leave it with pride."

Really? Leaking the plot, screenshots and footage directly after the company gets sued is leaving it with pride? LMFAO! Whether the lawsuit is to be a hoax or not, one thing is certain. They were definitely ordered to leak that stuff by George or Scott, whatever the motive may have been for doing so. If the lawsuit is seriously the "real deal", then leaking all of that stuff must have been an attempt to spoil the game and make it less likely for Take2 to try to take it from them. But, if this turns out to be the biggest hoax in gaming history, then, well, you know why they leaked it. ;)

User is offline   KareBear 

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on Jan 16 2010, 04:12 AM, said:

"They respected DNF enough to leave it with pride."

Really? Leaking the plot, screenshots and footage directly after the company gets sued is leaving it with pride? LMFAO! Whether the lawsuit is to be a hoax or not, one thing is certain. They were definitely ordered to leak that stuff by George or Scott, whatever the motive may have been for doing so. If the lawsuit is seriously the "real deal", then leaking all of that stuff must have been an attempt to spoil the game and make it less likely for Take2 to try to take it from them. But, if this turns out to be the biggest hoax in gaming history, then, well, you know why they leaked it. ;)

The substantial leaks like the polt,high res screenshots,and footage were not leaked on purpose zchri9 found them.One the employees even asked this site to remove his leaked material.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options