Duke4.net Forums: One Unit Whole Blood availability - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

One Unit Whole Blood availability

User is offline   Skumball 

As far as I can gather, the original One Unit Whole Blood DOS files needed to run BloodGDX (within BuildGDX) can no longer be purchased legally, leaving those who did not buy the game through Gog or Steam in the lurch. I know this is old news but it has shocked me into backing up my Gog files should they decide to pull the option from the store entirely. Is anyone else in a cold sweat? What happens if these files are lost forever, must we use Fresh Supply?

User is online   Phredreeke 

1. If you bought Blood OUWB before it was delisted it should still be in your library.
2. If you buy Fresh Supply on GOG you get OUWB as a bonus download
3. Even if you only got the Fresh Supply release, you can use its files with both BloodGDX and NBlood, the only thing missing are the demos playing on the title screen and the FMVs (which are encoded in a different format on the Fresh Supply release)

User is offline   Skumball 

View PostPhredreeke, on 05 October 2019 - 07:49 AM, said:

1. If you bought Blood OUWB before it was delisted it should still be in your library.
2. If you buy Fresh Supply on GOG you get OUWB as a bonus download
3. Even if you only got the Fresh Supply release, you can use its files with both BloodGDX and NBlood, the only thing missing are the demos playing on the title screen and the FMVs (which are encoded in a different format on the Fresh Supply release)

Thank you Phredreeke, that has calmed me down!

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Dude, they're not going to be lost forever, that's absolutely fucking retarded.

User is online   Phredreeke 

Randy Pitchford is going to smash every copy of original Blood with a hammer. A hundred years from now, the only version anyone will remember will be Fresh Supply, and you'll be able to play it on a 40k display in perfect quality.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostPhredreeke, on 06 October 2019 - 12:49 AM, said:

A hundred years from now, the only version anyone will remember will be Fresh Supply, and you'll be able to play it on a 40k display in perfect quality.
Nerds will never die out. Actually, the most popular version will be a leaked alpha, played on a 10k bit quantum computer running DOSBox v0.77-3.

User is offline   Mark 

and Jace Hall's great grandson will claim to have a copy of the pre-alpha Blood source code drawn on Napkins at a McDonalds.

This post has been edited by Mark: 09 October 2019 - 05:22 AM

View PostMark, on 09 October 2019 - 05:20 AM, said:

and Jace Hall's great grandson will claim to have a copy of the pre-alpha Blood source code drawn on Napkins at a McDonalds.

With crayons.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options