Duke4.net Forums: H2O Just add water - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

H2O Just add water  "The 2nd big success of Jonathan M. Shiff (after Ocean Girl)"

User is offline   gemeaux333 

https://www.youtube....Q7Mgjg_O3W8A4Wf

https://www.youtube....GVRbrd4bVkEXLbw

https://www.youtube....W33-gA6vYKVij2R

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 20 July 2019 - 08:20 PM

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

H2O: Just Add Water, also known as H2O, is an Australian dramatic fantasy television series for children and teenagers created by Jonathan M. Shiff

The girls are cute, but look less than 18 possibly, lol.

User is offline   Lunick 

...I oddly thought this had been discussed on the forum before :dukecigar:

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

View Postgemeaux333, on 20 July 2019 - 08:18 PM, said:

Posted Image

Ayyy this brings me back to the days of brony euphoria.

Congrats OP, you and me both have a place in the Halls of Faggotry now.

The 2nd big success of Jonathan M. Shiff, but not nearly as intelligent as Ocean Girl or Thunderstone...

Teens and pre-teens have always been the main audience of Jonathan M. Shiff productions, but actually it always fit a family audience !

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 21 July 2019 - 05:51 AM

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

With a title like Ocean Girl how could you expect anything less than absolute high brow entertainment?

To be fair I get liking this stuff as an adult. I would probably still enjoy Xena or Hercules: The Legendary Journeys and I rewatched the whole X Men animated series a while back and still loved it.

The main difference between "mermaids" of Ocean Girl and H2O/Mako Mermaids is :
- In Ocean Girl, ocean peoples are sort of "extraterrestrial mermaids/mermens" they are like humans except they have evolved from marine mammals and are highly dependant of water (they need to wet down frequently to avoid dehydratation) and from much more evolved civilization
- In H2o they are regular mermaids from the official legends/lores

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

View Postgemeaux333, on 21 July 2019 - 05:49 AM, said:

The 2nd big success of Jonathan M. Shiff, but not nearly as intelligent as Ocean Girl or Thunderstone...

Teens and pre-teens have always been the main audience of Jonathan M. Shiff productions, but actually it always fit a family audience !

lol, I know you're not watching this with your family.

User is offline   Mark 

I recognized 2 of the girls right away. They both later starred in The Vampire Diaries TV series.

Cute girls. I only watched the opening credits and feel like a dirty old man. :dukecigar:

EDIT: I found the title song track. Catchy tune. I would love to get a backing track of it and add lead guitar to it.

This post has been edited by Mark: 22 July 2019 - 01:05 PM

Skreeching fan are demanding a continuation of the series, but sadly for them (they don't realize) the problem is the actors/actresses : this ship have sailed a long time ago (right after the show actually) for the best...

Just as Cariba Heine (Rikki) said in the last 2 episode of Mako Mermaids (the spin-of) where she was reprising her role as a guest :
"Me and my friends, we were regular teenagers who turned into mermaids, we got a lot of fun and new sensations in the corrals among other, but after it all came to protecting this secret, it was us against the world... We grew up, found other interests, even mermaids are moving-on !"

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 22 July 2019 - 09:24 PM

For the song "No ordinary girl" it have been done in 3 versions, one for each season, and 3 different singers (the singer for the 3rd season also was the actress replacing Claire Holt)

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

I'm surprised no one made pedo jokes yet.

User is offline   Mark 

I like season 2 theme song the most. It has the best guitars of the 3. Still not enough though.
Hey Sledge, no jokes because we're all feeling guilty for lusting after them. :lol:
Cariba Heine has since done a nude scene in a movie. All I can say is WOW. :dukecigar:

This post has been edited by Mark: 25 July 2019 - 02:17 PM

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

I meant Hollywood ones. :dukecigar:

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 25 July 2019 - 02:33 PM

Lots of peoples thinks Marzena Godecki/D'Odorico (Neri in Ocean Girl) would have looked better than Cariba Heine in a nude scene... :dukecigar: :lol:

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 26 July 2019 - 07:30 AM

User is offline   Mark 

Hard to believe, but I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Or, they haven't watched that nude scene. She's got a mega-hot body now. I'd post a pic or link but its not proper forum etiquette.

This post has been edited by Mark: 26 July 2019 - 09:15 AM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

THIS IS STILL THE BEST VIDEO ON ALL OF YOUTUBE

User is offline   Mark 

Dammit. I thought I would NEVER have to see that brony shit again. :dukecigar:

Marzena still looks as hot as when we first knew her in Ocean Girl (and especially in the last episode), and even before in Round the Twists

p.s: My Little Pony is a Nerd thing, dixit Dustin Anderson

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 26 July 2019 - 05:54 PM

User is offline   Mark 

deleted, changed my mind :dukecigar:

This post has been edited by Mark: 26 July 2019 - 06:38 PM

I think that there is no issue in showing a nude scene on a forum as long as it is not objective nudity...

User is offline   Mark 

I had posted a link to a pic with a nudity warning. Then I realised this wasn't the outhouse section so I deleted it.

Well, I can post this photo of Marzena Godecki from 11 years ago :

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Marzena Godecki 2008.jpg

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options