Duke4.net Forums: TekWarGDX Port - Duke4.net Forums

Jump to content

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

TekWarGDX Port

User is offline   Avenger 

#1

Does anyone have the old TekWarGDX solo port?

Since this is being done in java for reasons unknown and I won't be using it for any other game, plus the in game music was working on that port a year ago and apparently isn't supported on the all encompasing build version, it's a far better solution for my use case.

This post has been edited by Avenger: 31 May 2019 - 03:34 AM

0

User is offline   Avenger 

#2

No one?????????
0

User is offline   fgsfds 

#3

I wouldn't recommend using pre-BuildGDX versions. They lack cutscenes support and some other features.

Music should work in BGDX. You sure you selected midi driver in the launcher settings?
0

User is offline   Avenger 

#4

View Postfgsfds, on 03 June 2019 - 04:29 AM, said:

I wouldn't recommend using pre-BuildGDX versions. They lack cutscenes support and some other features.

Music should work in BGDX. You sure you selected midi driver in the launcher settings?


What is the naming scheme for the music tracks supposed to be? What file format does the music need to be converted to?

Does a MIDI driver need to be used? Currently when I select "MIDI” under the audio options I receive an "initialization failed" message...


The reason I would prefer just the TekWar solo port is because I won't be utilizing BuildGDX for any other game since I already have alternate ports for them, so between having to install an unnecessary java library plus all the additional files in the launcher for games that I won't be using, I end up with a ton of wasted storage space to just place launch one game...
0

User is offline   Perro Seco 

#5

Then use DOSBox, it runs the game pretty well. M210 did a good job with TekwarGDX, but I remember earlier versions where very inaccurate: the subway's security checkpoints didn't work, there were lots of misaligned textures, etc.
0

User is online   Phredreeke 

#6

I believe BuildGDX on its own is around 15mb and will run on your system’s Java install (which you’d need for TekWarGDX as well)

If launcher bothers you you can extract it in the same directory as TekWar and it should auto detect and switch to portable mode.
0

User is offline   fgsfds 

#7

View PostAvenger, on 04 June 2019 - 06:29 AM, said:

What is the naming scheme for the music tracks supposed to be? What file format does the music need to be converted to?


You don't have to convert anything for MIDI music. CD music is currently not supported.

For MIDI you need to select MIDI driver in the launcher. Gervill should work, but if it doesn't, try the rest.
Attached File  Screenshot (6).png (99.06K)
Number of downloads: 7


View PostAvenger, on 04 June 2019 - 06:29 AM, said:

The reason I would prefer just the TekWar solo port is because I won't be utilizing BuildGDX for any other game since I already have alternate ports for them, so between having to install an unnecessary java library plus all the additional files in the launcher for games that I won't be using, I end up with a ton of wasted storage space to just place launch one game...

You don't have to install anything extra compared to standalone port.



0

User is online   Phredreeke 

#8

Yeah he seems to miss that the reason for the Java runtime being bundled was that people were complaining about having to install Java...
0

User is offline   Avenger 

#9

View Postfgsfds, on 04 June 2019 - 08:20 AM, said:

You don't have to convert anything for MIDI music. CD music is currently not supported.

For MIDI you need to select MIDI driver in the launcher. Gervill should work, but if it doesn't, try the rest.
Attachment Screenshot (6).png



You don't have to install anything extra compared to standalone port.


That took care of it.

Thank you.
0

User is offline   Avenger 

#10

View PostPhredreeke, on 04 June 2019 - 08:44 AM, said:

Yeah he seems to miss that the reason for the Java runtime being bundled was that people were complaining about having to install Java...


I grabbed the Java Portable Launcher so it's at least bearable now.

It's not that it was missed but rather wondering why the odd choice to build around java instead coding in a C variant for example.
0

User is online   Phredreeke 

#11

Because that is the language M210 is proficient with.
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Fury! ;) © 2019 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password


Sign in options