Duke4.net Forums: Episode 4 looking for help - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Episode 4 looking for help  "Mappers, sprites, .etc .etc"

User is offline   Jblade 

As usual I make a topic asking for help after an episode's release - we've got a good start on episode 4 but of course more hands on deck is always appreciated. The theme of the first part is Hexen/Unreal style but of course you're always free to create what you want as well, one of the things the other guys like about mapping for the TC is the amount of resources available (and of course, if you contribute a lot the option to join the team as a character is also there) Sprite artists are always useful as well, and of course we'll always need voice actors (but that's a bit further down the line closer to release when cutscenes/script is finalised)

if you're interested let me know here or you could always post on our discord :lol: Any level of skill for mapping is fine, as long as you're willing to work with the team to polish/tweak stuff to keep it in line with the rest of the maps.

This post has been edited by Jblade: 14 April 2019 - 11:45 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

As usual I'll point out that for mappers, there's plenty of in-built help with mapster32; scripting is used which adds descriptions for effects, and makes selecting effect sprites and textures very easy and intuitive.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

View PostMicky C, on 15 April 2019 - 02:49 AM, said:

As usual I'll point out that for mappers, there's plenty of in-built help with mapster32; scripting is used which adds descriptions for effects, and makes selecting effect sprites and textures very easy and intuitive.

Is any of this documented anywhere? How is it accessed in mapster? Sorry if that's a stupid question.

User is offline   Mark 

I think as the cursor hovers over something, text or symbols will display letting you know what something is or is set to.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostMark, on 15 April 2019 - 06:08 AM, said:

I think as the cursor hovers over something, text or symbols will display letting you know what something is or is set to.

Some sprites themselves are a description of what they do.

an autosave activator sprite is the word, "autosave".

(and there is an example map that has most, if not all, the new effects and special tiles)

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Forge: 15 April 2019 - 06:45 AM

User is offline   Mark 

James, check your PM. I gave you a link to download a folder of assets we talked about a few weeks ago.

User is offline   Rhaisher 

Due to personal reasons which I'm not going to post here combined with an unpredictable time schedule job and a serious relaitonship I couldn't help you further on the development of EP3.

As my personal circumstances have changed (I finished my job contract, thinking of doing a master degree at the uni) I WILL finish my end of New L.A. and polish the whole level, as I detected some errors while playing it.

Once finished, I'd like to build that idea I mentioned Jblade a while back (he knows what I'm talking about) and I can always provide voice acting if you don't mind my kind-of-lost Spanish accent. :lol:

About the first half of the episode using the same theme. I will play those games as the only one approaching what you demand is Unreal Tournament (man, the teenage years :huh:) and I'll try to help with it as well.

Keep up the good work, guys. :lol:

Looking back on past episodes, you're making a game of +60 hours with an astonishing gameplay and a solid story.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostRhaisher, on 16 April 2019 - 04:10 AM, said:

I can always provide voice acting if you don't mind my kind-of-lost Spanish accent. <_<

Ale can finally make an appearance - he hasn't been seen since the opening cutscene of episode 1.

This post has been edited by Forge: 25 April 2019 - 06:37 AM

User is offline   Mark 

View PostForge, on 25 April 2019 - 06:36 AM, said:

Ale can finally make an appearance - he hasn't been seen since the opening cutscene of episode 1.

Funny how the guy this TC is by extension named after has appeared only a single time throughout the entire thing.

View PostDoom64hunter, on 25 April 2019 - 10:31 AM, said:

Funny how the guy this TC is by extension named after has appeared only a single time throughout the entire thing.

Yet the sprite used in the dialogue between James and "Deepthroat" is the same despite the obscurity ^_-

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options