Duke4.net Forums: AMC TC Episode Three released - Duke4.net Forums

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

AMC TC Episode Three released  "Grab it here!"

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 14 May 2019 - 11:47 PM, said:

Oh >_>

Then maybe I'll skip directly to Snowfall's feedback ? He's the new character after all, maybe this would be more worth the trouble ?

And so I think I am now going to make one big checking spree for accuracy problems, because I have the feeling there are a bunch of guns that have faulty accuracies ^^

Oh one last thing. Maybe you could make a research project that increses the duration of R Items ? Would make them a bit more usefull then they already barely are ... OR You could make them "Activateable", like the jump boots in Blood, that would help make them more usefull as well.

Btw, if you want to go into minute-level detail and document things you can always update the wiki <_<
https://amctc.fandom...iki/AMC_TC_Wiki

User is offline   Zaxtor 

View PostForge, on 15 May 2019 - 06:49 AM, said:

Posted Image

I love fatal attraction

I like when she smiled with a sad face at the same time after being owned
Posted Image

_"No that's not necessary" It was that simple you know <_<

Is it worth the trouble that I go hunt for false weapon accuracies ? or is it going to have you murder somebody ?

_Doom64Hunter. I wish I could do that, and I already tried on a different wikia, but it's totally not user-frienly. I already PMed James about this in the past. The only I am capable of is providing text and image. I would need somebody to upload it on the Wiki, alone I can't do that ...

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

James, being James, politely told you that he was changing aspects of the game and that you're wasting your time with all the fine-toothed comb nitpicking.
Your response?
" I disregard your comment as a possible 3 AM drunk post. Gonna find more stuff!!!!"

Just an observation.

View PostForge, on 16 May 2019 - 05:27 AM, said:

James, being James, politely told you that he was changing aspects of the game and that you're wasting your time with all the fine-toothed comb nitpicking.
Your response?
" I disregard your comment as a possible 3 AM drunk post. Gonna find more stuff!!!!"

Just an observation.

I don't want to push the issue but it's your image that hurt me, not his response.

In any case, I've got a small glitch to report and I've started hunting for false accuracies (these are sorts of glitch which need to be fixed).

_All temporary weapons showcased normal behavior except for the Chaingun >> Attached Image: duke0003.png

_And When you pick-up James's Ranger Rocket Launcher, it reads you get 10 while in reality you get only 5 >> Attached Image: duke0001.pngAttached Image: duke0002.png

User is offline   Forge 

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 16 May 2019 - 05:34 AM, said:

I've started hunting for false accuracies (these are sorts of glitch which need to be fixed).

View PostForge, on 16 May 2019 - 05:43 AM, said:

I prefer that ^^

Because that's exactly what I did during Episode 2, And it makes me realize how much of a high level of stability the mod has achieved now, I barely find anything to report O_o

Glad to see my extremely obsessive reporting of bugs in Ep2 has had its use (*vaunts vaunts*) <_< I'm pretty sure the latest improvements to EDuke 32 helped a great deal as well, too bad ot costs framerate hunger >_>

This post has been edited by TheDragonLiner: 16 May 2019 - 06:02 AM

User is offline   Forge 

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 16 May 2019 - 06:00 AM, said:

Because that's exactly what I did during Episode 2, And it makes me realize how much of a high level of stability the mod has achieved now, I barely find anything to report O_o
Glad to see my extremely obsessive reporting of bugs in Ep2 has had its use (*vaunts vaunts*) <_< I'm pretty sure the latest improvements to EDuke 32 helped a great deal as well, too bad ot costs framerate hunger >_>

There we are.
Your obsessive-compulsive stalker level behavior is the reason AMC TC is so good.

Sit the fuck down James.

First batch of false accuracies to report. I changed my reporting method to keep the posts relatively short and light.
Reminding that I test by shooting only 1 shot at a time, with time in-between each.

FN-57 >> Attached Image: duke0005.png......OT-27 >> Attached Image: duke0006.png
MP-5 >> Attached Image: duke0008.png......AUG >> Attached Image: duke0011.png.......LR-300 >> Attached Image: duke0015.png

User is offline   Jblade 

there's not much I can do about this kind of stuff, there's a limit to the fine detail I can do with bullet spread in the Build engine.

View PostJblade, on 16 May 2019 - 11:04 PM, said:

there's not much I can do about this kind of stuff, there's a limit to the fine detail I can do with bullet spread in the Build engine.

I see ... The worse in my opinion is the shooting more upward or downward than usual. You have managed to fix this issue on some guns. I remember Rusty's AK used to suffer from it and it no longer does now.

If you wish I can only restrict myself to the worst cases, the less nit-picky ones (they're not numerous). Zaxtor's Default SMG and AP one are THE most obvious cases, I'll show you later.

Or I can stop right there, since these are the very ultimate things I'll ever be able to report ...
(before Forge makes me think my posts induce murderous drives again).(joke)

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

As James was saying, the game engine doesn't offer any fine control over hitscan spread. The random spread is set in powers of 2, so starting from the smallest spread it increases in increments of 100%.

With a lot of trouble it should be possible to hack in a system that works around the limitation, although it would not be compatible with the hardcoded autoaim. It would involve defining all the bullets as having 0 spread, then taking manual control of the player's shots and randomly manipulating ang and horiz to the right amounts for the weapon -- those values would instantly be set back to where they were so the player's view isn't changed. I doubt this would work well enough to be worth the trouble, though.

Another option would be to dump hitscan altogether and make bullets into regular projectiles. But game physics and the custom projectile system are probably not good enough to make this worthwhile, either.

User is offline   Jblade 

They have actually fixed the spread so it can be changed to anything, but yeah ultimately we're not going to get modern perfect gun spread or accuracy here, there's still fairly big restrictions on what we can do with this kind of stuff.

This post has been edited by Jblade: 17 May 2019 - 12:24 AM

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostJblade, on 17 May 2019 - 12:24 AM, said:

They have actually fixed the spread so it can be changed to anything, but yeah ultimately we're not going to get modern perfect gun spread or accuracy here, there's still fairly big restrictions on what we can do with this kind of stuff.

So is this done by changing ANGRANGE and ZRANGE?

https://wiki.eduke32.com/wiki/ANGRANGE

wiki still says powers of 2....another undocumented new feature?

User is offline   Jblade 

IIRC I asked Helixhorned about this ages ago (or maybe it was hendricks) and he made the changes for me.

It's a pretty interesting topic <_< Though I'm still wondering why Vanilla Duke is a perfect sniper with the Pistol + Autoaim, and a very poor shot without >_>

I'll continue but only with the very worst cases, such as these.
Default SMG >> Attached Image: duke0010.png.....RC AP SMG >> Attached Image: duke0014.png

Highwire's default Shotgun seems to be perpetually under the Shotgun Ammo Glitch. I thought it was because of the mag upgrade but it also does it without >>Attached Image: duke0019.png
And it seems that Mikko's default Shotgun consumes alternate shells even if not shot. When you change after having loaded some, they're not given back to you. (tested with Magnum Shells)

This post has been edited by TheDragonLiner: 17 May 2019 - 04:15 AM

User is offline   Jblade 

you need to post the exact steps of how you get the shotgun glitch because it triggers too sporadically for me to do much about it otherwise.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 16 May 2019 - 11:50 PM, said:

(before Forge makes me think my posts induce murderous drives again).(joke)

Posted Image

View PostJblade, on 17 May 2019 - 04:31 AM, said:

you need to post the exact steps of how you get the shotgun glitch because it triggers too sporadically for me to do much about it otherwise.

I will test it further when I get the time. For the time being I can tell you that, in the case of Highwire's 870, using the Weapons and/or Give All cheats trigger it guarantee ! (3 times in a row).
Therefore this specific gun must be a special case ...

In normal gameplay, Highwire's 870 is the only gun for which I remember having the glitch O_o I'll pay closer attention, and test more.

Penultimate accuracy report, restricted to the very worst cases. (almost complete already)

After the next report (ultimate) I'll try to test the Shotgun Ammo Glitch as much as possible. Would be nice to find either a recurring thing or an aggravating factor to finally get rid of it. Though I can say that, in the current state of things, it triggers WAY WAY WAY less often than before. Only Highwire's 870 triggers it regularly, and not necessarily with alt ammo unlike Ep2.

Rusty's FG-42 >> Attached Image: duke0024.png ...... Rusty's M-41 >> Attached Image: duke0026.png ..... Mikko's Default AR (note also applies to alternate modes) >> Attached Image: duke0001.png ..... Micky's Default AR (was already problematic in Ep2) >> Attached Image: duke0011.png

Some stuff to report.

1_ Final accuracy report. Snowfall's Assault Rifle >> Attached Image: duke0012.png ... The Cultist's Tommy Gun isn't affected by the accuracy penalties upon shooting, making it quite the fearsome weapon.
2_ I was trying to get the Shogtun Ammo Glitch but I found this instead >> Attached Image: duke0000.png

I didn't have time to test if the same aplied to James's KSG-12 since it's the same basics.

3_ With Mikko's new MSC-12, When you use Tube 1 to fire alternate shells, it will give you 1 normal shell per shot. I went up to 130 something. However, switching back to regular and/or taking a box to reset to 100 doesn't trigger the Glitch. I'll have to see if the same aplies to other shotguns, I didn't pay attention in the past.

4_ I've had that glitch that prevents Mikko's Golden Shotgun from firing when loaded when I looked for false accuracies while I didn't have upgrades (Weapon cheat doesn't give upgrades). Somehow loading a replacement, then switching to Golden, solved everything.

I'm going to continue trying to find more clues as to what is still causing the Shotgun Ammo Glitch because I didn't have any success for the time being >_>

Got some stuff to report.
Firstly my hunting for the Shotgun Ammo Glitch is shaping up but I can't trigger it. I don't know what you meant by "Sporadically" but on my end it's pretty much "Never" O_o

1_ I confirm that Highwire's 870 triggers the glitch ALWAYS. With or without cheats, with or without upgrades. Difference > When using alternate ammo, it keeps consuming regular ammo countrary to other guns.

2_ James's Browning Auto-5 still doesn't switch to regular shells automatically when running out of alternate one.
Fortunately it doesn't trigger the ammo glitch like it used to.

3_ James's 1911 consumes normal bullets when firing silver ones BUT only if dual wielded (1 normal bullet consumed per silver shot). When Single Wielded it shows normal behavior.
4_ Merlijn has 2 left hands when climbing ladders >> Attached Image: duke0001.png

5_ The 2 American flags on the Ghost Ship are inverted, patriots aren't gonna like this >> Attached Image: duke0002.png

The alt-ammo to normal-ammo conversion glitch I had described with Mikko's MSC-12, in the previous post, happens to many shotguns, all the ones I tested so far. It's highly possible that ALL shotguns do. Remember, you load alternate shells, and switch to other alternate shells, it will give you the equivalent in normal shells. (Still gives you the ammo back for what I tested).

I'm gonna keep testing stuff because I want to see if there is still that glitch that makes you consume loaded alt-shells even though you didn't even fire them. And I'm still trying to replicate the ammo glitch with another gun than Highwire's but it seems as if it's no longer possible >_> Maybe James has touched something he shouldn't have in his version ?

User is offline   Jblade 

ghost ship flag is intentional, the USA flag flown upside is a distress signal.

Got some stuff to report (probably for the last time ...)

Firstly I tried to replicate that glitch with Mikko's default SG that consumes loaded unfired alt ammo but it never happened, must be VERY rare. Also I haven't been able to trigger the SG ammo glitch apart from Highwire's 870, I'm afraid I must declare myself defeated there T_T (I'm useless !!!)

1_ About the new Flippers. Assigning them to a character in a multi-character mission has it ported over to other characters. I had them with James in Arsia Mons, and when I got to Mikko's section at the TV Station I could swim very fast, while I never assigned them to him.

2_ Speaking of Arsia Mons, in Sang's part, the Password Door never opened O_o It feels like this is due to either loading the mission from New Base or from Usermap. I haven't got time to test it from the Ep2 filter yet ...

3_ Speaking of Sang, when you ask for NPCs to follow you he sometimes wants to say "Hey ho, let's go" but he neversays anything. Just the subtitles.

4_ When Zaxtor picks-up his SMGs, he ALWAYS says "Now I can have twice as much fun", even if it's the first time you ever picked one up, even if you haven't played as any character who can dual wield their 4th weapons.

Some other things to report (sorry double post, I forgot about them T_T)

1_ In Zaxtor's Jungle Base in Ep2, when you reach this place Attached Image: duke0001.png The "Use" prompt is constantly displayed, ALWAYS. Until you exit the corridor at least but every time you'll get here, it will display.

2_ Something I described in my feedback. At the end of the Arsia Mons TV Station >> Attached Image: duke0002.png
3_ The Spirit and Fire Armors digits in Micky's HUD, when using Heat Vision has some weird transparancy glitch >> Attached Image: duke0005.png
4_ Small display glitch in the Loadout Editor for Merlijn's Blunderbuss >> Attached Image: duke0006.png
5_ When using the Ripper Heart with Snowfall, his clones are huge O_o >> Attached Image: duke0007.png
6_ Small continuity error with Sang's Ep3 itteration >> Attached Image: duke0009.png

Lastly with Sang, when you play X64-2, he'll be in his New Outfit for the first part of the mission. But he'll be back to his Old Outfit in the second part. I suppose he's meant to be in his Old Outfit all along.

Very quick report of visual glitches about Snowfall.

1_ His hands are White instead of Blue when using the Police Shotgun >> Attached Image: duke0000.png

2_ His Shotgun, when dual-wielded isn't friend with 1024 resolution it seems (possibly with other resolutions as well) >> Attached Image: duke0001.png

User is offline   king karl 

i'M having a great time with this mod but i wanted to offer a few quality of life complaints from the beginning of the mod partiulcarly

* the sequence where you walk into the briefing room and instantly teleport to the character select screen is jarring, to the point where i thought something was wrong with the game, it should ask me for a "yes" or something so i know hwa'ts happening
* the guy in the firing range can be heard from really far away and its annoying, especially when you're at the mission select table and he is constantly shouting RELOADING, also it seems like you stopped his gunshot sounds through the mission select room but not his dialogue so you just hear a guy shout RELOADING constantly which is funny.....the first 50 times.
* the first thing I see as the player on the mission select screen is a base in the middle of the ocean, it can't be selected and the "okay" button just closes the pane and that's confusing, I don't think that should show up since i'm pretty sure its just a "you are here" right? also you should direct the player towards america since that's the first mission but i had to guess to find it.

other than that though its stellar

User is offline   Salvation 

Hello guys!

Currently stuck at the Forgotten Tomb:

I killed a boss (Dark Avatar), and he starts to talk. Then got teleported into another room and then head into a centre where 2-4 concrete bars are standing. Then im going to right and killing everything that comes into my way and insert the keycard / key and the door opens.
Nice one but then there is a new door that requires another key / keycard and i cannot find it? What the h*** im supposed to do? All other corridors are blocked by lava and i can't get back to the room where i was teleported since the room is too high.

Hopefully the attached picture helps to understand where am i...

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0003.png

That pic is really dark for me to tell where you are, but I did write wiki walkthroughs that may help you.
https://amctc.fandom.com/wiki/Levels

In the room with the treasures, did you break the glass windows? That took me a little bit of time to figure out.

Share this topic:

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options