Duke4.net Forums: Duke Being Put To Pasture? - Duke4.net Forums

• 23 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Duke Being Put To Pasture?

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Maybe check out the link he added in the same post for the answer to that.

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

View PostOuttagum, on 22 June 2019 - 03:05 PM, said:

Shouldn't that be 5D?

Should it? Like an upgrade? I just hate that dumb "Trump is playing 4D chess and you're all too dumb to realize" meme.

Duke/Shaft crossover:

This post has been edited by thricecursed: 22 June 2019 - 11:45 PM

User is offline   Borion 

View Postthricecursed, on 21 June 2019 - 09:32 AM, said:

TD you can close the thread now

I downvoted You by ACCIDENT, sorry! I will make it up to You by upvoting other of your comments, that I find valuable :D

User is offline   Marya 

View PostTrooper Dan, on 01 February 2019 - 08:05 PM, said:

Duke's in a tough spot for sure, because almost any changes made to the character or his world will be interpreted as done to appease SJWs. To be fair, there would be tremendous pressure to do just that, so it's not without reason that people are concerned about it happening. Meanwhile, the haters are gonna hate regardless, so there's no point in trying to please them.
You can't please the professional offended.

This post has been edited by Marya: 24 June 2019 - 04:14 PM

You can, actually. Marketing departments are quite savvy in that regard and they perflectly understand how to manipulate professional Youtubers into promoting their brands and products.

No, really, the reason why we have yet to see another Duke Nukem game is probably just because Gearbox wants to play it safe after the debacles of Duke Nukem Forever and Aliens: Colonial Marines and the humiliating failure of Battleborn. After all, games starring problematic, if not downright psychopathic playable characters like Kratos, Travis Touchdown and even most of the Borderlands Vault Hunters are still being made and are still successful; heck, one could even argue that Duke Nukem comes across as rather tame in comparison and would actually struggle to stand out in this day and age.

This post has been edited by johnnythewolf: 24 June 2019 - 05:35 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View Postthricecursed, on 21 June 2019 - 08:27 AM, said:

Can't tell if trolling or srs

Read the Art of the Deal, it's just a modern version of the Art of War for businessmen and laypeople. You can find the book for cheap and the Art of War is free to read all over the internet. I highly recommend them both.

Ts`ao Kung says: "Feign stupidity"—by an appearance of yielding and falling in with the enemy's wishes. Chang Yu's note makes the meaning clear: "If the enemy shows an inclination to advance, lure him on to do so; if he is anxious to retreat, delay on purpose that he may carry out his intention." The object is to make him remiss and contemptuous before we deliver our attack.

View Postthricecursed, on 21 June 2019 - 03:33 PM, said:

I'm actually glad that he's made your government more ineffective as it probably saves us a few years before the next democrat starts a war with Russia.

The government was ineffective long before Trump. The reason tuned in, attentive Americans love Trump so much is because he's finding ways to do shit for the American People EVERY FUCKING DAY by legally exerting his power in the executive chair. Look at what he just did today. This is common sense shit. Why wasn't this already the case? Someone didn't want it to be the case because it meant they got to fuck over average Americans. Trump stands up for us.

Kinda don't need that in my life right now. You people probably don't know about this, but for some reason our local NATO base went on high alert on the eve of the 2016 election and jets with ever greater intensity fly over my house every week. That never used to happen and now there's this air of tension like we're gonna have a war at any moment.

Americans don't want this. The globalists who have bought and paid for the Democrats and Republicans do. 2016 was a true miracle. If you hit the pavement and talk to average real Americans who aren't infected with leftist baloney they wish the best to Russia and Russians and see more benefit to us being friends than enemies. Americans do not hate you! The media is lying on our behalf. It's sick!

Most Americans would agree with the sentiments of this song, albeit it's lyrics are a tad dated, it may just be more relevant than ever.

What I really blame for this is not any president, though, but the military-industrial complex. It's the literal fucking shadow government. And either way Trump can't just go against the intelligence community and all his advisors forever. It's foolish to think that one guy can change anything, but he probably bought us some time, which should be used to raise awareness of the real dangers of all this unchecked power and to do something before the next guy starts an all out nuclear war. Let me rephrase that: before the next guy is helpless to prevent an all out nuclear war (whether due to threats or shitty information, etc).

There's a human counter-strike within the government and elsewhere against this. Trump is just a figurehead. Too many people realized what the impending crisis actually is and that it MUST be averted.

View PostSledgehammer, on 22 June 2019 - 12:16 AM, said:

The only structures/fractions/organizations that could start nuclear war are probably terrorists, but even then I doubt they would do that too, especially considering they're just paid mercenaries that follow instructions of certain powers.

Who are the globalists but terrorists?

Nuclear weapon exist just to scare others, nothing more, it was for the show since the days USA nuked Japan. The thing is, nukes would completely destroy infrastructure so it would be impossible to use all the valuable resources an "enemy" land could provide and profit is the biggest point of wars. It's more convenient just to use regular bombs if you want to make things clean fast, so it would not damage land infrastructure beyond repair.

Efficiency and progress is ours once more
Now that we have the Neutron bomb
It's nice and quick and clean and gets things done
Away with excess enemy
But no less value to property
No sense in war but perfect sense at home

The sun beams down on a brand new day
No more welfare tax to pay
Unsightly slums gone up in flashing light
Jobless millions whisked away
At last we have more room to play
All systems go to kill the poor tonight

Gonna kill kill kill kill kill the poor
Kill kill kill kill kill the poor
Kill kill kill kill kill the poor tonight

Behold the sparkle of champagne
The crime rate's gone, feel free again
Oh, life's a breeze with you, Miss Lily White
Jane Fonda on the screen today
Convinced the liberals it's okay
So let's get dressed and dance away the night
While they kill kill kill kill kill the poor

People forgot (or don't know) many things, especially the fact that he's not the only person that govern the country. From what I learned Trump is pretty much a Democrat himself and I believe he always wanted to represent them on elections, the reason he went with Republicans was Hillary as far as I remember. Anyway, the brainwashed people are completely irrelevant, after all MSM never acknowledge his real problems and you could argue it's very intentional.

Trump is a 1980's business Democrat. By today's standards he's indeed just left of center. The Overton window has shifted so radically, but Trump's positions, ideas, and solutions have remained very much the same for a very long time. And time has proven him largely correct on a lot of things. The funny thing is how much the Overton window has made people who were once reasonable completely insane over time. Jello Biafra, who's song I just quoted above, was saying the exact same things Trump is saying now back in the 90s and as late as 2009. But you have to lockstep with other California liberals now.

Pretty much, in fact, I'd say that I'm much more satisfied with Abe than I would be with Trump if Japan had him. For one, if I had to fight Israeli wars I definitely would retire from the military.

These wars will come to an end. They already are. See, Israel wants perpetual war. Their sick religion dictates it.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View Postthricecursed, on 22 June 2019 - 12:37 AM, said:

The issue with nukes is the video none of you cared to watch. Those NATO missile systems are threatening Russia's first strike capability and once that's gone, I doubt Putin will be able to justify not reacting. He's not as much of a despot as people claim, there is always an inner circle and you kinda need all the generals on your side as well. Look, I basically think some of these people who run your country (and not Trump, more like CIA and god knows who or what else) are fucking insane. Lybia was insane. Syria was a massive provocation that could've ended in a larger war. Many say it was a test to see how far Russia would go to defend it's interests. Thankfully it looks like Putin and Trump both were able to stop things from escalating there, but I also see Trump's "flip flopping" on issues as evidence of the deep state apparatus asserting itself. They can always pull a JFK if he doesn't play ball (doesn't even need to be public, there are so many ways to kill somebody).

Trump doesn't like to telegraph what he will actually do. Just think back to when he ordered strikes on Iran, then pulled out at the last minute. To the lay-person this looks like incompetence. To Iran, it's a close call. Will this fucker actually kill us? Who knows? To the Military Industrial Complex, he's the fucking boss. He's a shot caller. He potentially just got Iran/MIC to fuck off without lifting a single finger. Maybe it won't work, but plenty of other people's ideas haven't worked, the difference is this one won't cost thousands of lives.

View Postthricecursed, on 22 June 2019 - 12:37 AM, said:

BTW, does anyone remember Syriza? The left wing party of Greece that was meant to stop all the bailouts that were putting the country further in debt? Their former finance minister spoke openly about untraceable phone calls received by his inner cabinet, threatening family members if they went through with their plan. That's realpolitik for you.

Globalism.

View Postthricecursed, on 22 June 2019 - 01:54 AM, said:

I don't think WW3 is an inevitability per se

It was.

I get that a single person is rather powerless, but that's why I talk about these things.

A single person has more power than they could ever possibly know.

I never said they were stupid btw, just insane. Big difference. Psychopaths don't really care about their own lives and they exhibit no fear (or at least are highly idiosyncratic in what they do fear): https://arc.psych.wi...in-psychopathy/

Their religion is death and they relish in it. They beg us all to drink from their goblet of death.

View PostTrooper Dan, on 22 June 2019 - 02:06 AM, said:

By the way that Eisenhower speech and that Truman quote are well-known and taught in grade school here (at least when I was in school). It's not like this is secret stuff being hidden away from the public.

Times have changed. Public schools exist to make good little soldiers. Prisons for children. The same people who cry and bitch and moan about cOnCeNtRaTiOn CaMpS on the border have no problem sending their kids to prison every day because it's free day care.

View PostSledgehammer, on 22 June 2019 - 02:14 AM, said:

This might be true for people like Hillary, but she's just yet another tool. The people who run the show have many things to lose and they also care about future of their own children.

They care more about the future of their king.

View PostSledgehammer, on 22 June 2019 - 02:14 AM, said:

The only thing that can destroy them is their own delusion, the thought that they have nothing to fear and can get away with anything and this problem is actually relevant which is why some people can see what the fuck is happening. For now the delusion is not too strong, but eventually either they find a way to deal with potential backlash that can cost them their lives or they fuck up themselves. Other than that, they can get betrayed by their trusted tools too, a lot of sensitive information is freely available because of such people.

Satan's cum is a powerful drug.

View Postjohnnythewolf, on 22 June 2019 - 04:52 AM, said:

That is way too generous of you: the Trumpwreck is clearly a 6 year old, as evidenced by all those Calvin & Hobbes comics modified to have the daughterfucker's face photoshopped on the former.

dOnAlD TrUmP iS a ReTaRd YeT sOmEhOw BeCaMe PrEsIdEnT aNd Im A fUcKiNg GeNiUs WhO wOrKs At McDoNaLdS aNd LiVeS iN a TrAiLeR!!1

View Postjohnnythewolf, on 24 June 2019 - 05:31 PM, said:

You can, actually. Marketing departments are quite savvy in that regard and they perfectly understand how to manipulate professional Youtubers into promoting their brands and products.

When those brands and products fall in line.

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

View Postjohnnythewolf, on 22 June 2019 - 04:52 AM, said:

That is way too generous of you: the Trumpwreck is clearly a 6 year old, as evidenced by all those Calvin & Hobbes comics modified to have the daughterfucker's face photoshopped on the former.

Like this one!

Posted Image

The people like you who believe the world works like a Saturday morning cartoon will be the hardest to fall.

Anyone who forcibly links their own ego with data and beliefs is about to have a red hot nail driven straight into their urethra, courtesy of our friends at Harbor Freight™.

LoOk At Me LoOk HoW rIgHt I aM!!!!!

FuCk nEw DaTa, ThIs DaTa SaYs I'm RiGhT! ThIs DaTa MaKeS mE fEeL tHe GoOd FeEl!

This post has been edited by Person of Color: 24 June 2019 - 10:33 PM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Just start another political thread in the general discussion forum, guys. It's been fun, sort of, and I have participated in the off-topic posts myself. But, jeez, let's let Duke rest in his pasture and not drag his name through this thread.

Share this topic:

• 23 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options