Duke4.net Forums: Duke Being Put To Pasture? - Duke4.net Forums

• 23 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Duke Being Put To Pasture?

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

It's not that Trump is all that great besides some of his financial and deregulation policies, but the Dems are an absolute fucking train wreck with no purpose or direction besides, "orange man bad.
Even neocon establishment sleepy creepy Joe will get destroyed in debates.

This post has been edited by Forge: 19 June 2019 - 01:42 PM

User is offline   Forge 

Gen Graves: "Duke, the aliens have taken the president"
Duke: "You mean that creepy old pedo, Biden? They can keep him."
Gen Graves: "But Duke...."
Duke: "No. Fuck that guy. Tell the vice president to swear in, I'm going home."

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Let us not forget that there has been a three way schismatic split developing in the Democrat party that gets worse every single day.

NEVER FORGET THIS MAP.
Posted Image

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Most of that red space is very sparsely populated.

Anyways guys, I get that Trump won in 2016 when the establishment said he wouldn't, but I think you are drawing way too much confidence from that. That same overconfidence was on display in some quarters in the run up to the 2018 congressional elections, and Republicans got trounced pretty badly. One big difference this time around is that Trump will be a known quantity. Hint: that's not a positive.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

DT, were you a Trump voter in 2016? I wasn't posting during the last election cycle so I never caught which side you fell on.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostTrooper Dan, on 19 June 2019 - 07:26 PM, said:

Most of that red space is very sparsely populated.

Population density doesn't matter. Electoral votes do.

Anyways guys, I get that Trump won in 2016 when the establishment said he wouldn't, but I think you are drawing way too much confidence from that. That same overconfidence was on display in some quarters in the run up to the 2018 congressional elections, and Republicans got trounced pretty badly.

That "overconfidence" wasn't mine. I'm not a Republican. I'm a MAGA Man. Republicans lose because they're not Trump. The Republicans that firmly expressed MAGA did much better than the Never Trumpers.

One big difference this time around is that Trump will be a known quantity. Hint: that's not a positive.

[CITATION NEEDED]

I will give you this, though: never underestimate the ability of leftists to self-destruct. Both on a personal level, and on a societal level.

Trump Is Polling Better than Democrats in California, What Does this Mean?

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostRadar, on 19 June 2019 - 07:41 PM, said:

DT, were you a Trump voter in 2016? I wasn't posting during the last election cycle so I never caught which side you fell on.

I didn't vote in 2016. I was pretty disgusted when he got the Republican nomination and checked out of the process after that. I know that people often complain about having a terrible choice between the two major parties, but this was the first time that it was so bad for me that I actually didn't vote.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostTrooper Dan, on 19 June 2019 - 08:05 PM, said:

I didn't vote in 2016. I was pretty disgusted when he got the Republican nomination and checked out of the process after that. I know that people often complain about having a terrible choice between the two major parties, but this was the first time that it was so bad for me that I actually didn't vote.

At least I wrote in a candidate (Rand Paul). Doesn't matter, this faggot state is a winner-take-all blue haven because of all the soy-queers in Seattle.

This post has been edited by Forge: 19 June 2019 - 08:36 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

ITT: Never Trumper spouts Never Trump nonsense

He's going to win again and there's nothing your pearl clutching can do about it.

User is offline   NNC 

View PostRadar, on 19 June 2019 - 06:58 AM, said:

Hahaha funniest post in this thread so far. Posted Image

Hey Nansci, are you one of those weird Hungarians who think Transylvania is under Romanian occupation? :)

Of course. Romania before 1920: crescent roll, Romania since 1920: bread roll, Romania in the near future: bread crumbs :D

Seriously though, Greater Hungary had too many different minorities, in that form it wasn't a sustainable country (along with the flawed torso of Austro-Hungarian Empire). However the Treaty of Trianon (along with the Treaty of Versailles and other "treaties" of that time) was one of the most cancerous acts in human history, the "winners" of WWI really wanted to embarrass the losing side which resulted perpetual conflict in mid-Europe and was highly responsible for WWII.

This post has been edited by Nancsi: 19 June 2019 - 10:27 PM

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostBlitZ, on 19 June 2019 - 08:32 PM, said:

He's going to win again and there's nothing your pearl clutching can do about it.

I'm not actively doing anything that would help prevent Trump's reelection. I'm not trying to help it either. Maybe I'll pull a Forge and throw my vote away on a libertarian. I just sit on the sidelines and make useless observations.

User is offline   NNC 

View Postgemeaux333, on 19 June 2019 - 09:15 AM, said:

Basically politicians are not more morons than the others, they are just poorly to not mediatised when they do a good job !
After all, the fruit never fall far from the tree, you find exactly the sames in "civilian/everyday life" !

Politicians are much better at their job than the 99% of average people would be in their position. Imagine a dimwitted labourer with minority complexes as someone with power. Welcome to the communism again. It tried this idea, and the result was 100 million deaths.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

View PostNancsi, on 19 June 2019 - 10:31 PM, said:

Politicians are much better at their job than the 99% of average people would be in their position. Imagine a dimwitted labourer with minority complexes as someone with power. Welcome to the communism again. It tried this idea, and the result was 100 million deaths.

Ayyy lamo,,,, assuming dekulakization ever gave simple laborers 'power'. As Thomas Sowell once said, random names out of a phonebook are better equipped for Congress than our current slate.

View PostTrooper Dan, on 19 June 2019 - 08:05 PM, said:

This adds a different shade to everything you've posted thus far on Trump. I don't expect anything from never-Trumpers, but know that his opponent will be a commie this time. Ignore that if you will.

This post has been edited by Radar: 20 June 2019 - 06:00 AM

User is online   Mark 

I think too many Republican incumbents stupidly believed the media that said 8-10 months before the elections that Republicans were going to get trashed for reasons x,y and z in a "Blue Wave". It became a self fulfilling prophecy. Spineless wimps didn't run for re-election and lost the House and many more local positions.

I'm frustrated at guys like Dan who chose to stay home because Trump was the candidate. I would hope that fear of the Democrat's plans would have prompted him to vote for Trump anyway. Staying home to teach the party a lesson doesn't work. It just hands the reigns of power to the other side. Taking the moral high ground may just be helping the party without any morals run the country. Yes, it would be great if we didn't have to vote for the lesser of 2 evils but that is what it has come down to these days. Make a choice, vote.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Staying at home isn’t a problem with compulsory voting.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

It would be a problem in the U.S. where Democrats don't support 'common sense' voter ID laws.

This post has been edited by Radar: 20 June 2019 - 05:29 AM

User is offline   Forge 

View PostTrooper Dan, on 19 June 2019 - 10:27 PM, said:

I'm not trying to prevent Trump's reelection. I'm not trying to help it either. Maybe I'll pull a Forge and throw my vote away on a libertarian. I just sit on the sidelines and make useless observations.

You throw your vote away by not using it.
I did some research and determined who I thought would best serve as president at the time and wrote their name in. Don't care if you agree on the wisdom of it.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Let's put an insane narcissist with the intellectual and emotional abilities of a 10 year old into the White House. What could go wrong?

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostForge, on 20 June 2019 - 05:49 AM, said:

You throw your vote away by not using it.
I did some research and determined who I thought would best serve as president at the time and wrote their name in. Don't care if you agree on the wisdom of it.

No offense was intended. I don't actually believe that votes for third parties are "thrown away" any more or less than votes for major parties are. Anarchy, State and Utopia -- basically the modern Libertarian bible -- was one of my favorite books in grad school and I wish it were required High School reading alongside Rawls.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Some countries have a more preferential voting system, so that even if your first choice doesn’t get in, your vote still has a say.

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostMicky C, on 21 June 2019 - 02:00 AM, said:

Some countries have a more preferential voting system, so that even if your first choice doesn’t get in, your vote still has a say.

But can that help to bring Duke back from the pasture?

User is offline   ---- 

View PostTrooper Dan, on 21 June 2019 - 02:52 AM, said:

But can that help to bring Duke back from the pasture?

It works better in a monarchy. I mean, the Duke of Edinburgh is now 98 years old and still not being put to pasture.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

View PostTea Monster, on 21 June 2019 - 12:22 AM, said:

Let's put an insane narcissist with the intellectual and emotional abilities of a 10 year old into the White House. What could go wrong?

Yes, I agree. How could so many people vote for HC?

"WHY AREN'T I 50 POINTS AHEAD?! WAAAH!!!"

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

View PostRadar, on 20 June 2019 - 04:44 AM, said:

It would be a problem in the U.S. where Democrats don't support 'common sense' voter ID laws.

You know perfectly well why they don't and it's not just US but probably the entire Europe too. That said, in Japan commies actually want foreigners to vote as well (only citizens have the right to vote, though zainichi Koreans are the most vocal foreigners that want to have voting rights since they don't need to become citizens to live in Japan).

Common sense is the biggest enemy of Democrats or even Republicans in US, for obvious reasons of course. But I don't think USA would ever implement such system, just like it would never prohibit dual citizenship or prohibit people who have dual citizenships to hold any kind of positions in the government.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 21 June 2019 - 06:44 AM

User is offline   Forge 

View PostSledgehammer, on 21 June 2019 - 06:43 AM, said:

Common sense is the biggest enemy of Democrats or even Republicans in US, for obvious reasons of course. But I don't think USA would ever implement such system, just like it would never prohibit dual citizenship or prohibit people who have dual citizenships to hold any kind of positions in the government.

A person has to be a natural born US citizen to be president, or we probably would have had Arny running the country at some point.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostTea Monster, on 21 June 2019 - 12:22 AM, said:

>Actually believing this

LOL This is why he keeps winning and y'all keep losing. His simple mind games work on you all so well..

Pro-Tip: Read the Art of the Deal. His entire method is predicated around making everyone believe he's stupid. And it works.

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

View PostBlitZ, on 21 June 2019 - 08:10 AM, said:

>Actually believing this

LOL This is why he keeps winning and y'all keep losing. His simple mind games work on you all so well..

Pro-Tip: Read the Art of the Deal. His entire method is predicated around making everyone believe he's stupid. And it works.

Can't tell if trolling or srs

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

View PostForge, on 21 June 2019 - 07:01 AM, said:

A person has to be a natural born US citizen to be president, or we probably would have had Arny running the country at some point.

President isn't the only person that run the country though, the entire US government is full of people with dual citizenship, even some high military positions are occupied by people with dual citizenship in US (and I'm pretty sure even foreigners can serve in US military just as well). But anyway, you knew what I was talking about. :D

View PostBlitZ, on 21 June 2019 - 08:10 AM, said:

His simple mind games work on you all so well.

More like the media mind games. They greatly contribute to his image which is rather false, probably even more than Trump himself.

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

TD you can close the thread now

This post has been edited by thricecursed: 21 June 2019 - 09:33 AM

User is offline   Forge 

View PostSledgehammer, on 21 June 2019 - 08:29 AM, said:

But anyway, you knew what I was talking about. :D

I was addressing the "any" government position, but you already knew what I was talking about.

Hilarious how most people forgot that Trump was a media darling, friend of the Democrats, and a popular Hollywood/TV/music personality prior to 2016.
Then he won a competition against a vagina and all that changed. He went from an intelligent well liked person to a toxic idiot.

You can tell who is brainwashed by looking at their media parrot posts.

Trump is okay. Not great, not horrible. The only difference is he isn't a career political criminal, he's a career businessman criminal. That's just my opinion from policy observation, I don't care about how triggered he makes people with his twitter trolling. It's unprofessional, and the people that are the targets are unprofessional. Plenty of immature behavior to go around.

Share this topic:

• 23 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options