Duke4.net Forums: NBlood - Blood port running on EDuke32 engine - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

NBlood - Blood port running on EDuke32 engine

User is offline   Nuke.YKT 

View PostPhredreeke, on 19 January 2019 - 03:13 PM, said:

What tools are you using to reconstruct Blood?

IDA 5 freeware, Visual Studio 2017, DOSBox debugger and small number of custom utilities

User is offline   Steambull 

Looks really promising, and after using Rednukem to play RR & RR:RA, I can only advocate this project.

User is offline   Manhs 

Some news about the first release? I hope people could mod it (option for mp and all) i could pay for it! èOé
I don't remember if you said it but will there be an no-autoaim option mode? (it was basically in the game)
Good luck to finish it :)

This post has been edited by Manhs: 20 January 2019 - 08:29 AM

User is offline   Nuke.YKT 

View PostManhs, on 20 January 2019 - 08:28 AM, said:

Some news about the first release? I hope people could mod it (option for mp and all) i could pay for it! èOé
I don't remember if you said it but will there be an no-autoaim option mode? (it was basically in the game)
Good luck to finish it :)

Still need to do bunch of stuff before first release, so most likely i'll release first version in February. First version will support only addons made for original version. Enhancing of mod/addon support is planned.
Yes, no autoaim option is added in menu

User is offline   Master O 

View PostNukeYKT, on 20 January 2019 - 12:14 PM, said:

Still need to do bunch of stuff before first release, so most likely i'll release first version in February. First version will support only addons made for original version. Enhancing of mod/addon support is planned.
Yes, no autoaim option is added in menu

Assuming all goes well and this port has everything it needs, will you ask to have it included in the main eduke32 source code? Or will you keep it your own separate port?

User is offline   Kamika007z 

Awesome!! Thank you!

It's great to see us in an age of Blood Renaissance. :lol:

Does this support Mac like GDX does?

I also like how GDX supports hi-res packs/addons. Adds a really nice touch to it like 3d sprites of zombie barrels, fire hydrants, and etc...

This post has been edited by Kamika007z: 24 March 2019 - 04:54 AM

User is online   Phredreeke 

Nuke only builds for Windows. But since the source code is available you can build it for another OS, I don't know what if any modifications are needed though.

I put out an update to my old upscale pack so it would work for NBlood as well. The 3D sprites you describe sound like voxels, which could be added to NBlood as well.

One feature from BloodGDX that's not in NBlood is tinting hightiles while underwater and other palette effects like reflective shots. On the flipside NBlood has better handling of hightiles with resolutions not a power of 2.

User is offline   Tekedon 

Bumping.. Was wondering. Are you releasing any more updates for this?

User is online   Phredreeke 

I believe he said on Discord that the next release will be when he finishes NMapedit

User is offline   Davidow 

how do i play multiplayer on nblood

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options