Duke4.net Forums: NBlood - Blood port running on EDuke32 engine - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

NBlood - Blood port running on EDuke32 engine

User is offline   Krypto 

What black magic is this!? You Russian prodigies appear out of nowhere! =D

Any reason the HUD isn't in the corner of the screen? Please tell me it's adjustable :)

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Best thing to happen for Blood in at least a decade.

User is offline   Hawke 

This is excellent news! much preferable to other solutions so far.

This post has been edited by Hawke: 27 December 2018 - 04:26 PM

User is offline   VGA 

View PostTekedon, on 27 December 2018 - 01:01 PM, said:

So when this is released you can play maps made in mapedit for Blood in NBlood? Correct? How about addons or stuff like "weapons mod" existing for Blood, the latest version of "weapons mod" use a hexedited blood.exe.

Of course it will play Blood custom maps. And of course hexedit mods won't work on NBlood.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

View PostNukeYKT, on 27 December 2018 - 12:19 PM, said:

NBlood supports only Blood format maps. Blood related code in my port is not based on EDuke32's Duke 3D code. It's all new code based on RE. EDuke32 codebase internally consist of multiple modules: Duke 3d code(CON and Duke's SE are here), Build engine, Audio library and other smaller modules. My port basically replaces Duke 3D module entirely with a Blood code.

If NBlood gets the Mapster32 equivalent for it, we can say goodbye to the rest of ports.

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

-snip-

User is offline   Dzierzan 

If NBlood gets the Mapster32 equivalent for it, we can say goodbye to the rest of ports.

We'll see about that, so far people were mainly hyped for Blood port, but not improving its tools. I'd love to see updated qavedit and seqedit as well, but I suppose those are really niche tools almost no one knows or uses them... And sources for them are available.

User is offline   Master O 

View PostNukeYKT, on 25 December 2018 - 12:56 AM, said:

It's not based on leaked alpha. :)

It's based on reverse engineered code so NBlood is an actual port running on Build engine unlike Blood EX.

1. Not much work was done actually since it's release
2. RR support is planned for EDuke32 using Rednukem as a basis

So is the current Rednukem the best way to play Redneck Rampage in terms of source ports?

User is online   Phredreeke 

It depends on what features you want. RedNukem has both software renderer and Polymost with palette emulation, so it is more authentic to the original. Meanwhile RedneckGDX adds widescreen sprites and coloured keys (though those could be added to RedNukem as a mod)

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Well howdy doody.

View PostPhredreeke, on 28 December 2018 - 07:32 AM, said:

It depends on what features you want. RedNukem has both software renderer and Polymost with palette emulation, so it is more authentic to the original. Meanwhile RedneckGDX adds widescreen sprites and coloured keys (though those could be added to RedNukem as a mod)

Let me rephrase that: Does it run vanilla Redneck Rampage and its sequels accurately?

User is offline   Nuke.YKT 

View PostMaster O, on 28 December 2018 - 05:35 PM, said:

Let me rephrase that: Does it run vanilla Redneck Rampage and its sequels accurately?

Yes. Rednukem even can play internal demos correctly.

View PostNukeYKT, on 29 December 2018 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yes. Rednukem even can play internal demos correctly.

For the record, what specific files does it need from Redneck Rampage? Just the .grp file only?

View PostMaster O, on 29 December 2018 - 06:52 PM, said:

For the record, what specific files does it need from Redneck Rampage? Just the .grp file only?

REDNECK.GRP, REDNECK.RTS, DEMOx.DMO

Question for NukeYKT: have you got room-over-room working in NBlood using Polymost?

This post has been edited by Phredreeke: 30 December 2018 - 03:57 PM

View PostPhredreeke, on 30 December 2018 - 03:37 PM, said:

Question for NukeYKT: have you got room-over-room working in NBlood using Polymost?

Yes. Though there are some minor sprite rendering issues

User is offline   0815Jack 

View PostNukeYKT, on 30 December 2018 - 05:25 PM, said:

Yes. Though there are some minor sprite rendering issues

So NBlood is meant to be played in Polymost and NOT Polymer......???

My understanding is that Polymer is in part Duke3D specific and conflicts with other Build games

User is offline   Player Lin 

And Polymer just "unfinished" when its dev just leave the EDuke32 project very, very long time ago and lack of proper maintenance...
(Except some bugfixes or small improvements, even the Ion Maiden branch of EDuke32 engine just taken the renderer out, because of poor performance and problems.)

So, you can play with Polymer but do not expect it's perfect. :|

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 31 December 2018 - 10:05 PM

Getting polymer working more or less correctly is certainly possible but it's low priority atm

User is offline   Manhs 

The test version for Junuary/February will be like beta? close to v1 of a single player mode?
Will there be expansion maps support at this first "release"?
Or maybe you keep some infos for the surprise ^^ :)

The fact you can release the code of your port and could do new stuff later (even far later) is really a good thing!
If you can say more, what kind of option will we be allowed to have in the test version? (like auto no-aim by exemple).

Again, good luck! :(

View PostManhs, on 01 January 2019 - 04:18 AM, said:

The test version for Junuary/February will be like beta? close to v1 of a single player mode?
Will there be expansion maps support at this first "release"?
Or maybe you keep some infos for the surprise ^^ :)

The fact you can release the code of your port and could do new stuff later (even far later) is really a good thing!
If you can say more, what kind of option will we be allowed to have in the test version? (like auto no-aim by exemple).

Again, good luck! :(

Gameplay wise first release will be par with original version(both SP and MP) with possible minor inaccuracies. Hopefully maps/addons made for original version will work as well.

User is offline   Manhs 

oh even MP! Awesome :)

Will you add new stuff like modes later? or you will focus only on the original stuff, i mean even in the far future. like i said, no autoaim or survival by exemple (in coop).

This post has been edited by Manhs: 01 January 2019 - 10:05 AM

Multiplayer footage

User is offline   Manhs 

Awesome, looks neat!
Will multiplayer come with the test version in january/february?

View PostManhs, on 06 January 2019 - 05:37 AM, said:

Awesome, looks neat!
Will multiplayer come with the test version in january/february?

Yes

View PostNukeYKT, on 24 December 2018 - 12:46 PM, said:

Hi.
I'm happy to announce my next project: Nuked Blood(or just NBlood). I've been working hard on it since the Rednukem was released. First and likely hardest milestone was completed recently so i'll definitely won't throw this project away.
This port is running on EDuke32 engine and will inherit various features from it. The other planned features are multiplayer(using sync based model at first), demo compatiblity and OPL3(Sound Blaster/AdLib) emulation for authentic FM music.
So, what's estimated release date? I hope to release first public test version in January or February 2019.
Fell free to write here your thoughts about this port. Also i'd like to know which features you want to see implemented.
Merry Christmas!

What specific files from Blood will be needed in order to use it?

User is offline   ReaperAA 

A have a few questions for NukeYKT:

1. Do u plan to merge NBlood with RedNukem or keep them separate.
2. How long did it took u to develop RedNukem and when did NBlood's development began.
3. After ur done with NBlood, do u have any similar plan for shadow warrior (just asking as its source code is available).

View PostReaperAA, on 19 January 2019 - 09:42 AM, said:

A have a few questions for NukeYKT:

1. Do u plan to merge NBlood with RedNukem or keep them separate.
2. How long did it took u to develop RedNukem and when did NBlood's development began.
3. After ur done with NBlood, do u have any similar plan for shadow warrior (just asking as its source code is available).

1. No
2. Work on RR started in late 2017. Around in one month initial source reconstruction was finished. Similarly work on RRRA was done in mid 2018 in 1-2 months. Port itself was made in 1.5 months.
Work on NBlood started shortly after Rednukem was released
3. Wait for VoidSW by EDuke32 team

What tools are you using to reconstruct Blood?

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options