Duke4.net Forums: The Naughty Dog Agenda - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Naughty Dog Agenda  "Duke4.net's Turn!!!"

User is offline   xMobilemux 

OK let's see if Duke4.net passes this!!

In case you guys don't know, this has turned into quite the interesting hot topic as of late.

Verified Youtuber and self confessed Naughty Dog fanboy RobinGaming has apparently woken up to the corruption in gaming and made a well done, in depth, evidence supported video that goes into great detail on how Naughty Dog has become full of SJWs and have been pushing an SJW agenda in their games and even spewing a lot of hate as well ever since the talented Amy Henning left.

Now what's interesting about this, is that 3 forums(so far) have all gone out of their way to ban all discussions of this video with little to bullsh*t reasons as to why and banned them so fast that the discussions can barely begin.

https://www.oneangry...w-agenda/63137/

https://www.oneangry...w-agenda/63051/

https://www.oneangry...s-agenda/62991/

This is really quite something.

They REALLY don't want people talking about this, spreading the word and making more gamers aware of Naughty Dog's terrible agenda.

Here is the video, it's very well done, backed up by evidence and doesn't condemn anyone of either side, RobinGaming is a fanboy of Naughty Dog too so he doesn't bash them, their games or their fans.

There's nothing what so ever about the video that would give reason to ban it, it's very respectful and intelligently made.

Seriously give it a watch:

I'm posting it here, as well as other forums I'm on to see if Duke4.net is willing to discuss this very relevant and hot topic or be added to the growing black list.

Will you discuss or will you ban?

(If I know you guys like I think I do, you'll be cool and let it fly.)

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Remember when the only agenda behind gaming was to make as big of a pile of money as possible? I liked that agenda a lot more.

Yup, the agenda is real.

Personally, my favorite kind of agenda behind game developments is not social commentaries or greed or even tech advancements, but rather because the developers felt that their weirdass ideas just had to be made into reality. I'm talking about games like Daikatana, Serious Sam, and Kingpin. Parts of it are juvenile fantasies, parts of it are bad ideas that seemed good, but all of it had soul.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

all entertainment industries are rife with sociopolitical rhetoric - tv, movies, sports, video games, etc., because they're easy targets, easy to exploit, & give people platforms to reach the maximum target audience.

key points:
Shipping is weird, but par for the course (because people have creepy fantasies - including feminist soy-boys & lesbian game developers that intend to write out, or relegate to the background, all male roles in their franchise)
The main issues is the developers feel they have to force their issues outside of the game on social media and other public outlets. Then they verbally assault and demean anyone who disagrees with their agenda. If they would just put their shit in their game then keep the soap-boxing to a minimum most people wouldn't notice, or care, as long as the game is good.
They associate themselves with sarkeesian - so what do you expect?
Around 5:50 - if you don't like a game, or its agenda, don't buy it.

just waiting for this to devolve into a repeat of the nonsense around Shelly & the need for boob-physics to cater to fan-boys and allegedly push back at the ultra-conservative sjw types. Character development be damned.

User is offline   leilei 

.......It's just a fucking kiss.

This post has been edited by leilei: 06 July 2018 - 12:25 PM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Uh oh, with all this controversy, we better lock this thread quick! There's too much free speech up in here!

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Oh boy!

An OP of centered text!

View PostxMobilemux, on 05 July 2018 - 10:08 PM, said:

I'm posting it here, as well as other forums I'm on to see if Duke4.net is willing to discuss this very relevant and hot topic or be added to the growing black list.

Is that a threat?

User is offline   Forge 

View PostHendricks266, on 06 July 2018 - 07:37 PM, said:

Is that a threat?

Posted Image

Is that a threat?

Actually the whole OP was a copy/paste I've posted over multiple forums I'm on with minor word changes to see how many are willing to discuss it and how many will just ban it like those other 3 forums.

So far only 1 has banned it.

If Duke4.net did ban it then I just see you as pathetic and spineless as the rest of those sites, add you to list of those unwilling to discuss it and spread the word of how spineless Duke4.net is.

But I've learnt full well that you guys never censor anything here.

This post has been edited by xMobilemux: 06 July 2018 - 08:23 PM

User is offline   Forge 

Is that a threat?

the short answer is, yes.

View PostxMobilemux, on 06 July 2018 - 08:16 PM, said:

spread the word of how spineless Duke4.net is.

the long answer is also, yes.

pretty mild compared to some things that have been said over the years, so probably nothing worth getting worked up over

This post has been edited by Forge: 06 July 2018 - 08:30 PM

• el fundador

If Duke4.net did ban it then I just see you as pathetic and spineless as the rest of those sites, add you to list of those unwilling to discuss it and spread the word of how spineless Duke4.net is.

Quit virtue signalling to push your gay agenda

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Posted Image

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

These 'three sites' are all oneangrygamer.net - so actually just one site.

I skimmed through the video and it seems to waffle on for 20 minutes with a lot of "This doesn't offend me, but..." statements.

This sounds like you are opening the debate by daring Hendricks to ban you. You should know that Duke4 is relatively open minded and people tend to say what they think. Opening the thread with a rant and a dare to ban is kinda strange.

View PostTea Monster, on 07 July 2018 - 12:14 AM, said:

These 'three sites' are all oneangrygamer.net - so actually just one site.

They're all on the same site yes, but that site is reporting the 3 forums that banned the discussion and gone further detail into it in case anyone wants to read up about it.

This sounds like you are opening the debate by daring Hendricks to ban you. You should know that Duke4 is relatively open minded and people tend to say what they think. Opening the thread with a rant and a dare to ban is kinda strange.

I made the same statement on other forums(copy/pasted the same post like I said) so it's not aimed at Duke4.net or anyone here specifically, though yeah, it was probably a mistake to do that.

User is online   X-Vector 

Actually the whole OP was a copy/paste I've posted over multiple forums I'm on with minor word changes to see how many are willing to discuss it and how many will just ban it like those other 3 forums.

Who's pushing an agenda here?
I thought you people had your own seperate sub-forum for this kind of nonsense, BTW. No reason to fling that crap around in here.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostX-Vector, on 07 July 2018 - 01:12 AM, said:

Who's pushing an agenda here?
I thought you people had your own seperate sub-forum for this kind of nonsense, BTW. No reason to fling that crap around in here.

It's not out of line to start a thread in the general gaming subforum when said thread is about gaming, even if there is a political slant to it. Such a thread could eventually end up in the Outhouse, though, depending on what happens. Your post referring to "you people" and "nonsense" might help push it towards the Outhouse, if you get enough of a reaction. Since that's what you want, then good job I guess? Likewise, the OP being needlessly provocative by essentially daring the mods to ban him also helps push it in that direction (irony notwithstanding).

User is offline   Kyanos 

He's just trying to get the discussion shut down.

View PostTerminX, on 05 July 2018 - 11:16 PM, said:

Remember when the only agenda behind gaming was to make as big of a pile of money as possible? I liked that agenda a lot more.

I bet DARPA pays pretty good for these 'games'.

User is offline   Forge 

We had what seemed like 5+ pages of this already, talking about Shelly's ass & tits fan service vs. the non-sexualized strong female lead.
Somebody has an agenda, or an unhealthy infatuation.

That discussion wasn't banned or moved then, why would this discussion be any different?
Other than the opening poster making veiled threats of slander against the admin of this site. Twice.

You people and your nonsense.

This post has been edited by Forge: 07 July 2018 - 05:38 AM

User is online   X-Vector 

This isn't an attempt at open and mature discussion, it's cross-forum bait - as indicated by the OP.

• el fundador

View PostX-Vector, on 07 July 2018 - 01:12 AM, said:

You people? Separate? Do the Duke4 water fountains have a sign that says "white (knights) only" that nobody told me about?

User is offline   Forge 

View PostTerminX, on 07 July 2018 - 06:40 AM, said:

You people? Separate? Do the Duke4 water fountains have a sign that says "white (knights) only" that nobody told me about?

Yes.
"You people" have to drink from the outhouse. :(

Especially when "you people" derail threads

This post has been edited by Forge: 07 July 2018 - 07:09 AM

User is offline   Hank 

@ OP - Video

Blessed were the days when gamers played games and modified them for fun. Now we have peeps on YouTube making wild statements about developers, hoping to be controversial enough to collect cash and a following.

I believe in freedom of expression, in full. You want to depict a gay relationships in your video game, please do so. If some old fan boy gets offended, tough shit. Freedom first, hyper sensible critics last.

This post has been edited by Hank: 07 July 2018 - 10:29 AM

User is offline   Forge 

the developers morally grand-standed on twitter, at gaming conventions, and on some faux-scripted interviews. Told everyone that didn't like their agenda to F-off and that the game wasn't for them.

So what's the problem?

User is offline   Hank 

View PostForge, on 07 July 2018 - 10:17 AM, said:

So what's the problem?

No idea!
I think, this kiss, highlights excellent animation work, and should be proudly shown on E3.

This post has been edited by Hank: 07 July 2018 - 12:43 PM

• Polymancer

Posted Image

User is offline   Hank 

View PostTea Monster, on 07 July 2018 - 01:54 PM, said:

I think not. Only giving an alternate opinion, that is not yet outlawed by the right.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostHank, on 07 July 2018 - 06:11 PM, said:

I think not. Only giving an alternate opinion, that is not yet outlawed by the right.

I thought his pic was aimed at the o p.
I'm getting slow in my old age.

User is offline   Hank 

deleted

This post has been edited by Hank: 07 July 2018 - 06:41 PM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

I'd be happier if their agenda was to make an actual video game again. It's just sad that the creators of Crash Bandicoot don't even dare to put challenging platforming elements into their games. Cinematic action-schlock is just terrible game design.

• Polymancer

I'm sorry Hank, that was aimed at OP.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options