• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Leisure Suit Larry: Wet Dreams Never Dry  "Controversy"

User is offline   ---- 

View PostEngel220, on 01 December 2018 - 08:15 AM, said:

Polygon sucks ...

From Polygon:
"Leisure Suit Larry last appeared in 2013 in Leisure Suit Larry: Reloaded by Replay Games". :rolleyes:

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Can anybody tell by now if the game is actually good? It looks good, but how does it work as a point-and-click adventure? Are the jokes actually funny and how is the story?

User is offline   ---- 

View PostNightFright, on 01 December 2018 - 09:42 AM, said:

Can anybody tell by now if the game is actually good? It looks good, but how does it work as a point-and-click adventure? Are the jokes actually funny and how is the story?

I haven't played all of it. These are my impressions so far:

The interface:
Easy and reduced to the max: For each item you have two functions (for example: "use" and "look at"). First funtion is LMB second function is RMB. Inventory is offscreen, so you have one additional click to bring it onscreen (but a lof of adventures do this (unfortunately)). THe only downside with the interface is during a dialog: The font is too big and you only have three lines onscreen and have to scroll for the fourth or fifth line.

Puzzles:
They are OK and not too hard. They are right for lighter entertainment where you want to think but not get frustrated.

Humor:
The humor is quite good, IMHO. A very little bit of a spoiler from the very first minutes to explain the humor: Larry is somehow transferred from his old times (of the old games) into 2018 and a lot of humor is about modern people and modern stuff and how Larry has no clue about all that. But that is quite funny.

Girls:
The girls are modern girls (the other characters too ... like a Hipster and so on). But they aren't the curvy or sexy "bombshells" of for example the girls in Love for sail. IMHO not the kind of girls old larry would have gone after ... but hey, better than no girls at all.

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 01 December 2018 - 12:20 PM

User is offline   ---- 

SInce I cannot edit the last post and I want to add two important things ... so I need to double post:

I got used to Larry's new look within minutes. It didn't put me off or got me out of the game. Graphics and animations in the new style are absolutely fine.

Conclusion: It is a fine game ... but I'd wait for a sale.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

It seems Al Lowe's ebay auctions for Leisure Suit Larry source code were cancelled. :)

User is offline   VGA 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 07 December 2018 - 12:51 PM, said:

It seems Al Lowe's ebay auctions for Leisure Suit Larry source code were cancelled. :(

https://www.pcgamesn...ce-code-auction

Motherfucking Activision told them to cancel it, even though they don't have the rights to the IP. Because it may have shared code with two other games of theirs! :)

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Yeah. He says he knew they were wrong, but it would cost more than the auctions would bring in to go to court over it so he just pulled them.

Companies like this have too much power.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options