Duke4.net Forums: Wish PowerslaveGDX only PC version - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wish PowerslaveGDX only PC version  "PoweslaveGDX"

User is offline   gordon81 

Hello, Bloodgdx is the greatest price on years the wait.

It´s posible make GDX port from early build engine used in pc version of PowerSlave?.

Thank you M10

User is online   Phredreeke 

it's possible but it would involve a ton of reverse engineering (as unlike Witchaven or Tekwar there is no source code available)

User is offline   Kerr Avon 

There's a fantastic modern remake of the Playstation version of the game (the PS version of the game is apparently much better than the original PC version), available from:

Download here (version 1.0.1 patch included as well): My link

Download 1.0.2. patch here: My link

Read about it here:

My link

User is offline   Jim 

The source is available for this. But it is really hard to play without quicksave, can somebody hack it in?

User is offline   Manhs 

View PostKerr Avon, on 22 April 2018 - 12:26 PM, said:

There's a fantastic modern remake of the Playstation version of the game (the PS version of the game is apparently much better than the original PC version), available from:

My link

PC version has still some stuff who are better, i didn't like how Powerslave PS1 was easy compared to the PC version who was a real challenge, but the biggest problem was the level design of the "full 3D" powerslave on ps1, it was too symetrical for a lot of maps and not so complexe compared to the maps of Exhumed PC who has huge maps who can be very complexe and not just simplistric with pillars and rooms, just the intro map was really cool and long for a first map!
But yeah Exhumed PC was less original than the metroid-like Powerslave ps1 and was less punitive (Yeah when you are in the last maps of Exhumed PC with 1 life, hard to finish the game....but it's doable)

This post has been edited by Manhs: 23 April 2018 - 06:15 AM

In the PC version (of the original, DOS game of Powerslave/Exhumed), is it possible to play the game with mouse-look permanently enabled? Or does it only work when you hold down the [U] key to enable mouse-look? I seem to remember in the (DOS) game, back when I tried it, me and my mate couldn't get mouse-look to work permanently, so I didn't bother with the game again.

User is offline   MetHy 

View PostKerr Avon, on 24 April 2018 - 07:27 AM, said:

In the PC version (of the original, DOS game of Powerslave/Exhumed), is it possible to play the game with mouse-look permanently enabled? Or does it only work when you hold down the [U] key to enable mouse-look? I seem to remember in the (DOS) game, back when I tried it, me and my mate couldn't get mouse-look to work permanently, so I didn't bother with the game again.

Two solutions:
1) set mouselook to capslock, numlock or scroll lock. You can do the same with running to get autorunning
2) use the Dehacker

There is also a Powerslave thread where this was discussed

This post has been edited by MetHy: 24 April 2018 - 07:38 AM

View PostMetHy, on 24 April 2018 - 07:37 AM, said:

Two solutions:
1) set mouselook to capslock, numlock or scroll lock. You can do the same with running to get autorunning

I hadn't thought of that, that's good thinking!

2) use the Dehacker

There is also a Powerslave thread where this was discussed

OK, I've just googled Dehacker and found it at:

My link

I'll try that, and I'll also have a read through that thread that you linked to, too.

Thanks for the help, mate.

User is offline   Manhs 

I suppose some people noticed it but well, the dream of the come back of Powerslave/Exhumed is back, apparently!
https://www.dsogamin...sible-remaster/
https://twitter.com/...945964831105024
One of my favorite FPS (top5) will be back, Powa! (well, i hope it's true but it seems?) :P

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options