Duke4.net Forums: SW textures help ? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SW textures help ?  "that work with Duke pal"

User is offline   Sixty Four 

• Turok Nukem

Anybody has done this yet ? Was wondering if there is anything out there with the SW textures ripped for Duke as I really like to make outdoor/nature stuff in my maps and SW has better textures for this but I don't want to completely convert to using all SW textures and essentials because Duke has a lot of stuff that I like to plus I want my map for Duke. It's mainly those rocks/grass/vines/ textures I would like. Of course I used Duke res but as you guys probably already know the pal is different.
Not asking someone to do it for me though just wondering :lol:

This post has been edited by Duke64: 30 January 2015 - 01:18 PM

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

There has been heaps of old mods and total conversions that used these textures.
Your best bet is to find one and use the art files from that.

• Turok Nukem

Commander you were last person I expected to hear from heheh not meant in a bad way. Thanks though

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

Is it possible with duke to just take a whole .art file from SW and put it in the duke folder? Possibly rename it to come after the last duke art file. The numbering of the actual tiles in the .art file may make it not work, could be worth a try as the simplest solution.

This post has been edited by Robman: 31 January 2015 - 11:59 AM

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostRobman, on 31 January 2015 - 11:58 AM, said:

Is it possible with duke to just take a whole .art file from SW and put it in the duke folder? Possibly rename it to come after the last duke art file. The numbering of the actual tiles in the .art file may make it not work, could be worth a try as the simplest solution.

Open it in DukeRes and Save As with another number.

User is offline   Kyanos 

The two games use a different pallette, the colors would look all wrong in duke. I have a script and batching program that will easily rip and convert it all, I used it for lame duke. I'll make a nice set of decorative / outdoor sw sprites, using duke pal. Starting now ... :lol:

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: sw art ripped.PNG

User is offline   Kyanos 

when it's done guys, stop harassing me!!!

Spoiler

Attached Image: sw art ripped.PNG

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

View PostDrek, on 31 January 2015 - 02:33 PM, said:

when it's done guys, stop harassing me!!!

Spoiler

Attachment sw art ripped.PNG

Work faster!, harder!, longer!!! MUSH MUSH!!! HYAAAHH!! andale! andale! arriba!!!

Seriously though, where can I find Sw 2013 LW sound clips...?

This post has been edited by Robman: 31 January 2015 - 03:25 PM

User is offline   Kyanos 

Attached Image: Capture.PNG
I'm givin 'er all she's got capt'n.

User is offline   Kyanos 

View PostDrek, on 31 January 2015 - 01:21 PM, said:

odd forum glitch here, I attached that pic in an edit, but then closed without actually posting it. The text is gone, the pic shows up now anyways. :lol:

User is offline   Mark 

Must have been a weiner in the warp drive capt'n.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 31 January 2015 - 04:14 PM

User is offline   Kyanos 

Attached Image: Capture3.PNG
Attached Image: Capture4.PNG

One done, the rest are in the finishing stages. I'll post them all in the morning.
Attached File  TILES000.zip (1.1MB)
Number of downloads: 123

This post has been edited by Drek: 31 January 2015 - 08:11 PM

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

Something feels so weird about seeing textures I've stared at for years yanked out of the game to be used in another, heh. I know wgrealms used some also.

User is offline   Kyanos 

This has made me look at sw in a new light, it's a lot of great art.
Attached File  TILES001.zip (408.25K)
Number of downloads: 128

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

If you want it to be used openly, might as well put it in the community resources thread so it can be easily accessed.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostDuke64, on 31 January 2015 - 11:54 AM, said:

Commander you were last person I expected to hear from heheh not meant in a bad way. Thanks though

I'll always help people with genuine Duke 3D issues.

• Turok Nukem

Well damn :lol:) thanks a ton yeah I checked the community stock pile before posting this though there some really amazing stuff in there couldn't find SW. This is great man perfection credits will go for you Drek with this whenever I am finished but very very helpful and fast to ;) Yeah SW art is superb good! I started to really notice while mapping for it. Already tried using in my Mapster and works perfect. Thanks again

User is offline   Kyanos 

You're just in time for the whole pack. I'm gonna put it in the stockpile thread like Mickey says.

http://forums.duke4....post__p__216877

This post has been edited by Drek: 01 February 2015 - 10:07 AM

User is offline   Kyanos 

For shits and giggles I dumped this into Shadow Warrior with the palette.dat from Duke3D then played some SW with the gritty Duke colors.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options