Duke4.net Forums: DN64 Revisited - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DN64 Revisited  "mini episode/mod"

User is offline   Sixty Four 

• Turok Nukem

This is a mini episode where you go back to some of the Duke Nukem 64 DM only maps except this time Duke is in for a little surprise!

Story: Duke 3D, Duke64, and DNF were all hanging drinking beers and playing cards. Suddenly when Dukes babes came in more of them flocked to Duke64. DN64 said what you expect I save the babes and kick ass I have been in your shoes before you haven't been in mine. So Duke 3D got pissed took some steroids and screamed arghhhhhhhh at 64. As he reached for his pistol, shotgun, and chaingun he loaded the clips and said what do I got to do around here. DNF suggests that the 3 settle it in a Duke match on a DN64 map. Duke 3D turned the portal on and jumped to Dukenstein. Things went wrong from there the portal got hacked when it entered the realm. They couldn't bring there buddy back or go join him with the portal down. So now it's up to him to make it back

Well I decided to make it into a mini episode and with the help from a few friends I was able to do that read text to find out more. There are a few things changed with the maps to work better for an episode. Hope you can enjoy, was something I thought I would do so I can learn how to do this because I will be needing to know this stuff really soon for another project.

Download is here : DN64Revisited

Attached Image: DN64REVISITED.png

User is offline   Max Payne 

• Skinny little Russian liberal faggot

Hey Duke64 this was pretty cool an all new outlook on these maps. And that picture is pretty bad ass keep up the good work bro I played it and I think it's a pretty damn cool little episode and the weapons crossed over to the levels in a balanced matter. I noticed you made it so the jetpack doesn't go over to the next level, smart move.

User is offline   Max Payne 

• Skinny little Russian liberal faggot

I am pretty surprised not anyone respond to this. Sure was your first mod and it really didn't offer much new things but it was still a bad ass experience. I know you told me to keep secret that I am your brother but screw that bro I know your efforts if people were to judge me for being your brother would not care this is not really my preferred community anyway. I mean I love Duke but this isn't where my friends are so wont effect me.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Just because nobody responded doesn't mean nobody liked it. People don't seem to respond to maps and mods as much as they used to if you take a look around the forums.

On the other hand yeah the levels are pretty much by definition quite basic, not to mention a rehash. In addition to this there's been quite a lot of classic and/or low-detail level maps over the past year or two and maybe people are just getting tired of them. Personally I miss the days when mappers would try to push boundaries in one way or another. Feels as though there's not much in the way of any truly new content around.

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

I was wondering where duke64 went ... I didn't even see this. I'll give it a whirl.

User is offline   Jinroh 

Yeah I clicked on this thread when he posted it, was going to dl it when I got home from work then forgot about it. :/ It sounds rad and it's on my todo list. :)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options