Duke4.net Forums: Naferia's Reign: Invasion Of The Dark Mistress [hyper-mod W/ Rpg, Etc Elements] - Duke4.net Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Naferia's Reign: Invasion Of The Dark Mistress [hyper-mod W/ Rpg, Etc Elements]  "Current Version now @ https://github.com/LordMisfit/NR-IotDM :O"

Posted Image

http://naferia.duke4.net/ - main site
http://www.youtube.c...57950DD98558A26 - TheSeriousCacodemon's Talkthrough [commentary playthrough] of NR. (on Youtube)
Current [stable] Version is: 5.22.12242012 (released on 12/24/12)
Current [not-as-stable] Version is: @ Github

Hello, and welcome to the main topic for "Naferia's Reign: Invasion of the Dark Mistress", a recently developed modification for Duke Nukem 3D which incorporates a large number of features.

I would put the features list up for the topic, but it's way too long to fit in the topic, so you'll have to go to the link to check on it's stats. :\

Updated on 5/16/09:

Modification Synopsis
---------------------------------------

"1 year after the initial alien invasion in Duke Nukem 3D and the death of the newborn Alien Queen in the Atomic Edition, the murderous aliens still persist despite Duke's efforts to destroy them, but after their recent invasion of Washington D.C. is ruined and the President of the United State is saved by Duke Nukem himself(the events of "Duke it out in D.C."), their true leader finally shows her real colors, in a cataclysmic show of hands that will rock the foundation of Duke Nukem's entire life and principles. Even the great alien ass-kicker himself soon finds he is outmatched on his own, and will against his pride need all the help he can get to defeat this Alien Super-Queen before not only Earth, but all life in the universe are left prey to her evil natures!

So Duke, Are You Ready to Fend off the Invasion of Naferia, the Dark Mistress?"

Modification Taglines
---------------------------------------

* "No hero or villain, no matter how cool, powerful, talented, skilled or charismatic can do everything all by themselves. Even they eventually hit their limits, whether it be the limit of their patience or the limit of their skill, power and/or talent..."
* "Teamwork might feel like a drawback, but it's also the only way for even HIM to survive THIS war..."
* "He who is corrupt and She who is almighty have joined forces against you. It's only fair you have friends of your own..."
* "She Awaits You... But do you think she's all that's waiting for you??"

Description from EDuke32 Wiki's Modification Page:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------

What will come to be an alternate-universe Duke Nukem story revolving around a pivotal point in the history of Duke Nukem and the Aliens he has faced since the original Duke Nukem 3D. Duke is no longer working alone in his quest, as his enemies ramp up their power and allegiances substantially, as well as their intelligence to a point. Play as up to 15 different characters, with the ability to use multiple characters in the same party, unlike in Hexen[and more like a real RPG]. Monsters are more interactive and to a point more intelligent, able to grab items like health and armor, get damaged by slime and other hazards, and even pick up powerups to make them deadlier in combat. Find money laying around or get it out of your characters' ATM accounts, and use it to buy new items from shops or other NPCs. Voice Acting is also present.

What to Expect in this MOD [In the Future]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Over 150 to 200 levels are planned to encompass the game's entire storyline, all of it will play out as a single unified 'episode', much like Doom 2/Hexen/Strife.
* A colorful cast of both playable and non-playable characters in Duke's world which will play their own roles in your quest for planetary/universal peace.
* Be warned: This mod is not a typical Duke Nukem style game as Duke has 'matured' over time and might be not 100% like the one you're used to. While he is still more or less a lot like his old badass one-liner cracking self, players will learn new facets about him(as well as his allies and enemies alike). This is an alternate universe however, so it's not technically part of the official Dukeverse, but it will give some interesting possible insights to a slightly more 'down to earth' Duke. :rolleyes:
* A truckload of different possible endings will occur depending on the circumstances at the end of the game.
* A Fire Emblem-style support system for allowing playable characters to reveal more about themselves and create allyships for extra bonuses to their stats and overall playability.

Character Summaries: [also with links to their on-site bios]
----------------------------------------

Duke Nukem: A veteran of the Gulf War, former CIA agent, and currently a member of the EDF who is considered by many in the world and in the EDF to be the "Ultimate Alien Ass Kicker"!

Jack Walker: A 13 year old, fresh young face to combat, but quick at learning the ropes. His outlook to alien combat is a fresh breath of air compared to the tried and true methods by Duke and most EDF agents.

Bubsy Bobcat: An anthromorphic bobcat with wit, attitude, movie deals, tour-guide experience, and a sizable ego to boot. However he also has real experience combatting aliens and history-tampering vandels.

Ami Mizuno: The Sailor Senshi of Water and Ice. She is the strategist of the Sailor Senshi, and although she is not the most combat-heavy of them, she can hold her own against many enemies with surprising fortitude.

Higa Hakaisha: A man known only as the "Shadow Warrior" to most, he seeks the final vengence against a former employer who turned back on his promises and tried to rule the world through corruption and monopoly.

ESSence Margalan: The youngest son of a Triocladiar war hero of the Rigelatin conflicts. He seeks the truth about his father's final battles and his fate, and the true nature of both his older brother and queen.

Ted Maldoras: A young demolition expert by official trade, but a powerful and skilled crime-fighting vigilante off the record working with a group of others to protect his home of Santa Monica from threats, human or NOT human.

Lisa Bates: The rich young daughter of a fashion artist and a scientist, she inherits both her parents traits in spades, but also holds immense talent at fighting and leadership in her hands, leading a vast group of young crime-fighters.

Cybanis Morgandos: The son of the first Cycloidian to die at Duke Nukem's hands, he has trained himself to face the Ultimate Alien Ass Kicker in combat one day, but must get to the bottom of a conspiracy by his own race to smear his name first.

Christina Mitchell: A young and very energetic girl with immense physical strength and agility who likes to torment Triocladiar attempting to invade Los Angeles. She has a bigger record of 'crimes' on her plate in the LARD than Duke himself!

Paula Polestar: A teenage psychic-user with prior experience fighting aliens herself. She feels she must do her part in saving the world yet again, even if others think it too dangerous for her to intervene.

Lori Stephens: A shy, but extremely determined young lady with an unbreakable spirit, a firm belief in justice, and a very big stick! A great tragedy caused by the Triocladiar has forced her to show that even nice people can be deadly.

Minako Aino: The de-facto leader of the Sailor Senshi, she is likely the most combat-experienced of all of them, and while she is generally nice and perky to her friends, she can be a deadly threat to her enemies to not be messed with!

"The Mysterious Lady": This mysterious lady's intentions are unknown, but she can only be trouble, judging by that smirk of overwhelming confidence she has on her face.

Maken Shinkara: A young and very techno-savy woman who hides a dark share of secrets and losses, and a lot of grudges and dangerous ideas in her mind.

This post has been edited by Lord Misfit: 09 April 2014 - 03:08 PM

User is offline   diehard 

150-200 levels? :rolleyes:

View Postdiehard, on May 8 2009, 02:55 PM, said:

150-200 levels? :rolleyes:

Yep. It'll be a bit closer to 180-190 levels probably. This is because storywise, there are 16 "Chapters". most of them 10-12 maps per chapter, except the first, which is the only "short" chapter. There are also some planned "cutscene" only levels and prologue levels that are considered part of the "official tally" as well. It's possible the map number could exceed 200 if you add up all the extra maps that aren't official. >.>

User is offline   Player Lin 

View PostLord Misfit, on May 9 2009, 12:02 PM, said:

Yep. It'll be a bit closer to 180-190 levels probably. This is because storywise, there are 16 "Chapters". most of them 10-12 maps per chapter, except the first, which is the only "short" chapter. There are also some planned "cutscene" only levels and prologue levels that are considered part of the "official tally" as well. It's possible the map number could exceed 200 if you add up all the extra maps that aren't official. >.>

Holy sh*t!, this is sounds awesoome! But... I'm afraid are those maps make by yourself?
What a mess works... :rolleyes:

Hi, i'm the un-official "Extracontinental" (;)) Collaborator of Misfit. I Was post that things on the old and departed 3D realms (Repose In Peace) forum, but for some reason of privacy and communication i gived only the versions of Misfit my creation, it's a parallel projects of this great simil-rpg mod and is the "Naferia Reign:HRP". Is arrived at 1.4.1 version and is totally compatible with V4 duke nukem HRP, the .zip contains different texture from others HRP (Wolfenstein 3d, doom, Shadow warrior) and the skins of future enemy listed on the enemy section of NF site. Naturally i mentioned the copyright of respective HRP's in .def file (Naferiastuff.def). I have gived a cotribution to the NF naferia mod too: The Riot Camo internal view and the jump and crouch frame is my creations. Is not finished: I need some md3/2 modellers and and an help with some sprites (for this HRP and for the Mod) to make next versions in particular i need help for:

NF mod- Custom characters frames and conseguent actions (and others things).

NF HRP- Custom Model and sprites for objects, the pickups, the characters.

So, if anyone can/want help me is welcome! If youi need screenshots of NF HRP i can post on this topic, for now is the download from mediafire i hope you like that.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=5834549...04e75f6e8ebb871

P.S. the eduke32.exe of "dukeplus" is totally compatible whit Naferia Reign, so you dont' need to use 2 different .exe to make it work (i personally checed)

User is offline   supergoofy 

@Fantinaikos, the file is corrupted. Download it twice. CRC error

naferia HRP 1.4.1.zip: CRC failed in Naferiastuff\Monsters\2760_overlord_megaton_pain.png. The file is corrupt

This post has been edited by supergoofy: 09 May 2009 - 09:22 AM

The file corrupted is the pain of the ESS overlord, place this on Naferiastuff/Monsters.

http://img11.imageshack.us/my.php?image=27...megatonpain.png

Ah the stupid imageshack system renamed the file! replace the name whit this or it doesnt' work:
2760_overlord_megaton_pain.png

This post has been edited by Fantinaikos: 09 May 2009 - 09:35 AM

Naferia HRP v1.4.1 (Repack - no CRC error)

http://www.mediafire...php?nggnygzqlmz

http://file2upload.net/download/31353/nafe...01.4.1.zip.html

MD5: dde8e198efbcda00c1a751b843bcdd3b

This post has been edited by supergoofy: 09 May 2009 - 01:44 PM

Naferia HRP? Well well, fancy that. :3

At the moment, the HRP for NR is considered a bit "unofficial" as I haven't focused much on it lately, and more on some coding and voice work. >.>

However yes, as Fantinaikos has said, NR does need help when it comes to graphics artists and a few more voice actors. There's still a lot of characters playable or not who are not yet voiced, and without any good or decent graphical developers for the sprites, I don't have the motiviation to try coding unique weapons [I'd rather have everything in order for a weapon before I code it, so I know how well it'll turn it as soon as possible].

BTW, Added direct links to the characters' on-site bios in the first post. ;)

http://www.zxdware.net/NR/ - 5.14.05162009 released.

Most of the changes are mentioned in the changelog as usual, but here's the quick version of some changes.

* CHANGELOG *

=SINCE 5.13=

+ Bug Fix: Fixed a bug where using a Super Atom on a dead character could resurrect them when it wasn't supposed to.
+ Voices: Cybanis has new sounds for wall grunts, landing sounds, mirror-use sounds, and such.
+ Voices: Lisa now has a bunch of new interaction sounds including Riot-Tank driving one-liners, wall grunts, pain sounds and such.
+ Visuals: The VR Visor and Mercury Mini Computer now use better and improved pixel-art graphics that look more accurate to the items instead of the older sprites from SMDoom. These sprites were made by Christina Richter @ http://blaubeermars.deviantart.com
+ Characters: Characters' ability to "Cheat Death" [aka survive an otherwise fatal hit with 1 HP left] will increase slighly for every level they get.
+ Characters: Characters' falling resistances will increase slightly over the course of their level ups.
+ Characters: Characters can now gain slightly better [natural] HP regeneration speed as they level up. Other characters [Duke, Lo Wang, Ted, Lisa, Minako] also have naturally faster regeneration rates now [instead of JUST Minako or Ami when in water].
+ Tally System: The number of saved civilians for the current level now shows in the in-game menus.
+ Vehicles: Empty Riot Tanks [the drivable kind] can sometimes [on rare occasions] appear in the same spot as a weapon in non-NR maps. This does not REPLACE the weapon like most items that "turn into" another, though.

http://naferia.duke4.net/ - NR now has a mirror site here on duke4.net! XD

http://www.youtube.c...57950DD98558A26 - I forgot some time back to add this. This is my friend TheSeriousCacodemon [or Cacodemon Leader] playing a commentary-filled playthrough of NR [5.13.5] through all four of the original episodes. However do note the maps he plays were modified specfically for his use in the playthrough to maximum exposure to various elements that don't normally show up in non modded maps. The maps are not distributed in any way, although I keep hearing now a days that it might not matter. >.>

This post has been edited by Lord Misfit: 02 June 2009 - 11:29 PM

User is offline   Jblade 

It doesn't - as long as you can't play them without owning Duke itself it's not a problem to re-release them. I'd say you should release them so people have more stuff to play with in the mean time whilst you're getting all the stuff you need ready before you start to work on maps.

This post has been edited by James: 03 June 2009 - 12:01 AM

Well what I heard about that was something TX mentioned about how the license says that you're not supposed to [re]distribute ANY maps for the game, which both of us seems to agree makes no sense, considering we as a community do release user maps all the time. It's just the last time I did have maps included, people got on my case and claimed illegality. 3DRealms is still active as a legal entity, so their recent woes wouldn't change any legality issues involved [if there really are any], and that's the reason I didn't include modded original maps since then.

I'm still very reluctant to just release the maps. One person said IPS patches could work, but I need more input on which path I should take before I go trying it. :)

@Lord Misfit, As I already told you in the p.m. IPS patches or DIFF patches or other similar patches are legal. You do not violate any rules and you don't have to worry about copyrights.

VACATION HRP has IPS patches for some maps of Caribbean Vacation addon.

After all, to use the IPS patches you have to have the original maps from DUKE3D.GRP

This post has been edited by supergoofy: 03 June 2009 - 03:14 AM

User is offline   Player Lin 

View PostLord Misfit, on Jun 3 2009, 03:29 PM, said:

http://www.youtube.c...57950DD98558A26 - I forgot some time back to add this.

Whoa, those video are awesome! :)
I wanna play that if your modified original maps can released publicly... XD

Also what about the other maps that are used in the mod?

Here are the original versions of the other maps that are used in Naferia's Reign: Invasion Of The Dark Mistress mod:
http://www.mediafire...php?zxm2jttyzao
Lord Misfit has also modified these maps, thus we need IPS patches for them too

Also a Hires Music Fix for Naferia's Reign: Invasion Of The Dark Mistress mod:
http://www.mediafire...php?ncmzhjzziec
If you load duke3d_hrp.zip, eduke32_mus.zip, xdukedc_hrp.zip, you need this to have hires music at the title screen and in Atomic and DukeDC episodes. You should load it last.
It can be edited though to include the other custom episodes by Lord Misfit, if they use the same midi/ogg files.
Of course don't forget Naferia HRP by Fantinaikos

This post has been edited by supergoofy: 03 June 2009 - 06:26 AM

Whit Naferia HRP there's no need to use duke DC HRP because contains all texture of DC HRP (except the DC skyes and music) infact if you open TILE 14.ART of naferia's reign you can see the DC resources and in texture folder of NF HRP there are the highres DC texture too.

To facilitate the playing of DUKE IT OUT DC and CODE:RED episodes i create this .GRP that contain the DC levels and CODE:RED maps. Simply insert this in "Naferia" folder and choose an episode.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=54c6b9e...04e75f6e8ebb871

P.S.: The CODE:RED have a bug in AQUA3.MAP, this bug makes impossible exit from the level (you click on the atomic red simble but nothing happens, if you are a mapper maybe you can fix that).

This post has been edited by Fantinaikos: 04 June 2009 - 05:10 AM

Take notice that Duke It Out in DC is not a free addon, it's a commercial product. That is the reason why I haven't posted the maps or art files of Duke It Out in DC.

This post has been edited by supergoofy: 03 June 2009 - 11:18 AM

User is offline   Jblade 

It's just the last time I did have maps included, people got on my case and claimed illegality. 3DRealms is still active as a legal entity, so their recent woes wouldn't change any legality issues involved [if there really are any], and that's the reason I didn't include modded original maps since then.

Nobody would claim or even care - most people won't bother if they have to download a patcher for it.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postsupergoofy, on Jun 3 2009, 11:51 AM, said:

Take notice that Duke It Out in DC is not a free addon, it's a commercial product. That is the reason why I haven't posted the maps or art files of Duke It Out in DC.

It's a "commercial product" that you can't actually buy, unless you want to spend a lot of money on e-bay which goes to a collector and not the developers (who have probably all died of old age by now :) ).

Seriously, who cares.

Then with that kind of thought, we can distribute Duke3D Atomic freely? I don't think so.

And although I'm saying that we can't distribute them, I'm one of those people that believe that a game that is more than 10 years old should be freely available.

http://www.sunstorm.net/

http://www.sunstorm....ompany_info.htm

http://www.sunstorm.net/terms.htm

http://www.sunstorm....any_contact.htm

contact email: anthony@campiti.com

This post has been edited by supergoofy: 03 June 2009 - 11:59 AM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postsupergoofy, on Jun 3 2009, 12:49 PM, said:

Then with that kind of thought, we can distribute Duke3D Atomic freely? I don't think so.

Think what you want, but there's a pretty obvious difference: Duke 3D Atomic is still being sold. You can buy it right now from 3DR for $10. And there's another more practical difference: distributing Duke 3D Atomic will get you in trouble with the community, whereas distributing Duke in DC will not.

Sunstorm's site is still alive, which means the company is alive.

User is offline   Spiker 

View Postsupergoofy, on Jun 3 2009, 09:58 PM, said:

Sunstorm's site is still alive, which means the company is alive.

So go ahead and order Duke DC!!! :)

Copyrights are not based on the fact if a game is sold or not, but if the company that holds the rights is alive or not.

This post has been edited by supergoofy: 03 June 2009 - 12:01 PM

It's the NF Reign mod thread if anyone want talk about Duke DC, make a DC Thread.

Anyway i dont' delete my .GRP. Sorry Misfit.

This post has been edited by Fantinaikos: 03 June 2009 - 12:01 PM

@Fantinaikos, I never said that you have to delete your file. I just wrote some facts that need clarification.

I do believe that Duke3D and all commercial addons should be freely available.

On a slightly related note: isn't the ART file for D.C. technically legal anyways, since it can be gotten with the free-trial of D.C.? I'm talking about the one-level demo with just Hell to the Chief. And yes, it's the same ART file as the one with the full edition. I've played both the demo and the full version, so I know. :)

Sorry to keep distanced from this, but I am conflicted about things here for another reason, which ironically does involve D.C.'s maps. The Prologue of the main storyline basically recreates/modifies the final level of D.C. in a Symphony of the Night style fashion and also has some scenes later at the White House before the main and real part of the game picks up. The reason is because NR was created in mind to be the direct sequel to D.C. in my own version of the NukemWarriorVerse [or whatever >.>]. :D

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options