Duke4.net Forums: Combining usermaps into single episodes - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Combining usermaps into single episodes

User is offline   MacoMan 

I noticed that with Duke Is Ten if you combine the maps in a zip file and use the -gDukeIsTen.zip command line, it shows up in your New Game menu as DUKE IS TEN and you can play the maps as a single episode. Can this be done with other series or collections of Maps i.e. the Red maps? How do I get them to show up as a episode in the New game menu under eduke? I'd like to organize my collections of various usermap series into episodes that I can select in the game menu and play sequentially.

This post has been edited by MacoMan: 02 November 2013 - 10:11 AM

User is offline   Scott_AW 

you need a con file with the following

definevolumnename 5 MISSION NAME

definelevelname 5 0 mapname.map 00:00 00:00 MAPS NAME

use the last code for each map, changing the second number of course.

access with eduke's -x command which loads cons, after the load zip command. I believe you can have the con file in the zip with the maps.

I think this should work.

User is offline   MacoMan 

View PostScott_AW, on 02 November 2013 - 11:36 AM, said:

you need a con file with the following

definevolumnename 5 MISSION NAME

definelevelname 5 0 mapname.map 00:00 00:00 MAPS NAME

use the last code for each map, changing the second number of course.

access with eduke's -x command which loads cons, after the load zip command. I believe you can have the con file in the zip with the maps.

I think this should work.

Thanks for the reply. How would I get the mid/ogg & voc files to work within the archive with user.com though? Red1: Poison Lands for example has 1 ogg file (& Red5 has 1 mid & 2 voc files), but even though I included them in the zip file I hear no music when I run the episode.

Thanks for the reply. How would I get the mid/ogg & voc files to work within the archive with user.com though? Red1: Poison Lands for example has 1 ogg file (& Red5 has 1 mid & 2 voc files), but even though I included them in the zip file I hear no music when I run the episode.

Hi! USER.CON contains a description of all the music files for each episode, ex:

music 1 stalker.mid dethtoll.mid streets.mid watrwld1.mid snake1.mid
thecall.mid ahgeez.mid dethtoll.mid streets.mid watrwld1.mid snake1.mid

Also, you can create a DEF-script (default - duke3d.def, but you can redefine it by "setdefname" command in game.con/eduke.con [setdefname <name of your DEF file>] or you can run eduke32.exe with argument"-h <defname.def>"), and describe there music for your episode.

music { id "E5L2" file "moo.ogg" }

Tutorial on EDuke32 Wiki
P.S: Sorry for my bad english. Good Luck. ;)

This post has been edited by Duke_Nukem_x86: 20 November 2013 - 04:59 AM

User is offline   Anvil 

I have a related question:
Is it possible to make an episode out of user maps which have custom con/art files, without any map's con/art affecting the other maps?

This post has been edited by Anvil: 11 August 2014 - 03:10 AM

User is offline   NNC 

Red5 modified the original roam22.voc file (from the sound of the abyss to a warlike sound) which clearly affects Red3, and some of its areas like the church... it's much like the wind54.voc issue in the Caribbean episode if you want to play them together.

This post has been edited by Nancsi: 11 August 2014 - 03:58 AM

User is offline   MetHy 

View PostAnvil, on 11 August 2014 - 01:56 AM, said:

I have a related question:
Is it possible to make an episode out of user maps which have custom con/art files, without any map's con/art affecting the other maps?

I don't think it's possible to make EDuke32 use a different art/con file per map (though it would be an interesting feature to request; like, having the possibility to create a file which tells eduke32 to use a different folder depending on the map, and have your different art/con/sound files in each respective folder... if it's even possible), so atm the only way to do that would be to modify the files and the maps so that everything you need is in the same files... But considering how most maps use the same replacement tiles, that would be quite a bit of work. For instance if 2 maps use the same tiles in tile0014.art, you'd have to make one .art file regrouping both; and since that means changing the placement of some textures within the art, you'll have to re-set the textures inside the map files as well (though i'm pretty sure there is a feature in mapster32 to replace every same texture by another one ; or you could use a script).

User is offline   MetHy 

*double post by accident please delete*

This post has been edited by MetHy: 11 August 2014 - 05:25 AM

User is offline   Jblade 

View PostMetHy, on 11 August 2014 - 05:25 AM, said:

I don't think it's possible to make EDuke32 use a different art/con file per map

You can have usermap specific art now, which helixhorned added a while back. It only works for usermaps though, I'm not sure where the instructions are so I don't think anybody's used it yet.

User is offline   Anvil 

I've found the instructions, but isn't this feature just for polymer?

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostAnvil, on 21 August 2014 - 03:52 PM, said:

I've found the instructions, but isn't this feature just for polymer?

What makes you think that?

User is offline   Anvil 

It's written that the path of rev 4257 is polymer.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Do you see any other folders? http://svn.eduke32.c...repname=eduke32

User is offline   Anvil 

So if it isn't a polymer folder, why its name is polymer?
I'm not familiar with that site, so I thought that the eduke32 content there is polymer.

User is offline   Jblade 

That feature does work for all rendermodes :(

User is offline   Player Lin 

View PostAnvil, on 21 August 2014 - 05:26 PM, said:

I'm not familiar with that site, so I thought that the eduke32 content there is polymer.

Why? maybe you can ask Plagman I guess. :(
http://svn.eduke32.c...olymer%2F&rev=4

You just thinking too much.
Like James said, that "Engine-side per-map ART file support" is for all of renderer modes in eduke32, when you're using r4257 and later or the latest one of eduke32.

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 23 August 2014 - 03:43 AM

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostAnvil, on 21 August 2014 - 05:26 PM, said:

Historical reasons. IIRC a new source repository was set up when Polymer development started, but everything else is still there.
The same goes for the Polymer HRP repo btw., which contains a full Polymost HRP (again).

User is offline   Anvil 

View PostJames, on 11 August 2014 - 06:06 AM, said:

You can have usermap specific art now, which helixhorned added a while back.

I think it will be great if per-map CON files are also supported.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options