Duke4.net Forums: Tiny Request - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tiny Request  "Weapon Hierarchy"

User is offline   Juras 

All present ports allows to switch weapons on pickup or just carrying current weapon. It is not perfect system for online duking when sometimes small
details decides if you are dead or alive. So then recently i was thinking about "Weapon Hierarchy" which would be smart combination between
weapon pickup on and off.
First of all I would have to set my weapon piority by numbers:
1.shotgun
2.rpg
3.chaingun
4.shrinker
5.devastator
6.freezer
7.pipebomb
8.pistol
9.tripbomb
Now whenever I hold weapon with lower number 4.shrinker and take accidentally or intentionally any weapon with higher number 7.pipebomb then nothing really
happens but when im carrying 3.chaingun and take 1.shotgun then my weapon is switching to weapon with higher hierarchy.
What do you think about it, can be done or waste of time?

User is offline   underTaker 

It's pretty cool idea. Automatic weapon switching was annoying my a little bit so i just turned it off. I'd suggest to move explosive weapons like RPG and devastator at the bottom of the list, since you can accidentaly kill yourself, which happened to me few times. Or it's just me failing so hard sometimes...

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Interesting idea. The game has a "favorite weapon order" parameter already (-u) so I could look into using it as a third option for the "Autoswitch on Pickup" setting.

• Weaponized Autism

I implemented this idea in r2975:

Expand "Switch weapons on pickup" to three options: "Off", "All weapons", and a new one, "Fav priority". It switches to the weapon you have just picked up only if it is ranked higher in the favorite weapon hierarchy using the "-u" parameter.

Could you try it and tell me what you think?

User is offline   Juras 

System works good with one issue, eduke doesnt save changes in player's setup. So I need to switch to "fav priority" every time the game starts, that's kinda annoying.

This post has been edited by Juras: 27 August 2012 - 07:16 AM

• Weaponized Autism

Check r3014 to see if it saves properly.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options