Duke4.net Forums: DukePlus & Aliens Shooting Wall Texture - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DukePlus & Aliens Shooting Wall Texture

User is offline   Strang3r 

Running DukePlus with EDuke32

Right, so when I enter Hollywood Holocaust, the fire trail on Duke's ride is alien wall texture, the damage marks from my pistol are alien wall texture and the alien laser flare/beams are the same. When I open the duke plus menu and switch to classic mode, everything is fixed EXCEPT for the alien lasers.

I know this has been reported before, but the other threads I found were of no help.

I'm running OS X Lion on a Macbook Air with INTEL HD Graphics 3000. Here's my log and thanks in advance.

EDuke32 2.0.0devel 20100311
addsearchpath(): Added /Applications/
addsearchpath(): Added /Applications/EDuke32.app/
addsearchpath(): Added /Users/Sam/Library/Application Support/EDuke32/
Initializing SDL system interface (compiled against SDL version 1.2.14, found version 1.2.14)
Loading /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/OpenGL
Loading /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/OpenGL
Using "Quartz" video driver
Using config file 'eduke32.cfg'.
Scanning for GRP files...
addsearchpath(): Added /Applications/DukePlus/
Using group file 'duke3d.grp' as main group file.
Compiling: EDUKE.CON (36 bytes)
Including: DukePlus/dpcons/DUKEPLUS.CON (438941 bytes)
Using DEF file: dukeplus.def.
Wrote eduke32.cfg
Wrote eduke32_binds.cfg
Using config file 'DukePlus/dp.cfg'.
Including: DEFS.CON (35992 bytes)
Including: USER.CON (45482 bytes)
Including: DukePlus/dpcons/DEFSPLUS.CON (59323 bytes)
Including: DukePlus/dpcons/USERPLUS.CON (60852 bytes)
Including: DukePlus/dpcons/LIGHTS.CON (26079 bytes)
Including: DukePlus/dukebike/DUKEBIKE.CON (88372 bytes)
DukePlus/dukebike/DUKEBIKE.CON: In actor `DUKEBIKE':
Including: DukePlus/dpcons/HUDPLUS.CON (70051 bytes)
Including: DukePlus/dpcons/PLAYERPLUS.CON (138534 bytes)
Including: DukePlus/dpcons/MONSTERPLUS.CON (245528 bytes)
DukePlus/dpcons/MONSTERPLUS.CON: In actor `TANK':
Including: DukePlus/dpcons/CIVILIANS.CON (16898 bytes)
Including: DukePlus/strooper/STROOPER.CON (196470 bytes)
DukePlus/strooper/STROOPER.CON: In actor `PLASMA_PART':
DukePlus/dpcons/DUKEPLUS.CON: In actor `RAINSPRITE'
DukePlus/dpcons/DUKEPLUS.CON: In actor `OOZFILTER'
DukePlus/dpcons/DUKEPLUS.CON: In actor `NEWSMOKE'
DukePlus/dpcons/DUKEPLUS.CON: In actor `ATOMICHEALTH'
DukePlus/dpcons/DUKEPLUS.CON: In event `EVENT_EGS'
DukePlus/dpcons/DUKEPLUS.CON: In event `EVENT_GAME'
Resizing code buffer to 156987*4 bytes
Relocating compiled code from to 0x1a4f2014 to 0x1b260014
Script compiled in 166ms
Compiled code size: 156979*4 bytes, version 1.4+
Pointer bitmap size: 19624 bytes
3911/11264 labels, 816/2048 variables
323/16384 quotes, 46 quote redefinitions
40/88 event definitions, 495 defined actors
Initialized 32.0M cache
RTS file DUKE.RTS was not found
Initializing OSD...
1 joystick(s) found
1. Logitech Dual Action
Joystick 1 has 4 axes, 12 buttons, and 1 hat(s).
Executing "DukePlus/dp_binds.cfg"
Executing "autoexec.cfg"
Setting video mode 1024x768 (32-bpp windowed)
OpenGL Information:
Version: 2.1 APPLE-7.18.11
Vendor: Intel Inc.
Renderer: Intel HD Graphics 3000 OpenGL Engine
gltexinvalidateall()
gltexinvalidate8()
Initializing music...
Initializing sound...
gltexinvalidateall()
gltexinvalidate8()
Cache time: 56ms
E1L1: HOLLYWOOD HOLOCAUST

This post has been edited by Strang3r: 04 February 2012 - 09:12 AM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

possible stray art file

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Your eduke version is like two years old.
Try updating that first

http://dukeworld.duk...ke32_latest.zip

EDIT: Oh wait a Mac... Try this version

http://lunatic.eduke32.com/invalid

[Edit by Helixhorned 20150218: made URL invalid (the previous one didn't work anyway).]

This post has been edited by Helixhorned: 18 February 2015 - 09:08 AM

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostCody, on 04 February 2012 - 12:01 PM, said:

EDIT: Oh wait a Mac... Try this version

http://lunatic.eduke32.com/invalid

Yes that's a good idea. I don't own a Mac and can't test it, but try it with the more recent build. And as Forge said, there could be an issue with additional files which are not part of the install, so make sure your install is clean (do not use a folder that is also used for other mods). There are other possibilities but try those first.

By the way, is this is the same Stranger who used to make maps for Duke 3D many years ago?

[Edit by Helixhorned 20150218: made URL in quote invalid (the previous one didn't work anyway).]

Wow. This board works fast! I've tried every build from the latest one right back to 2008, and experience the same problem. The reason I'm using the 2010 build is that it's the most stable on Lion. As for a clean install, I've placed the DukePlus folder as is into my game directory and in "eduke32.cfg" I've set my "moddir" to "DukePlus".

As I don't see a plethora of mac users running DukePlus, this may be a lost cause, but thanks a lot for responding. I'll keep plugging away, and if anyone has a lightbulb, let me know.

Thanks guys.

PS. No, I'm not that Stranger, but if you feel like perpetuating a mythos surrounding my programming skills, go right ahead. ; )

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostStrang3r, on 04 February 2012 - 12:39 PM, said:

Wow. This board works fast!

This depends on weekday and time zone. The time is right now for both Europe and America.

EDIT: Did you try deleting the textures and textures.cache files?

This post has been edited by LeoD: 04 February 2012 - 12:58 PM

No I haven't, but I don't see any files with that name. I've tried a search. I do have the "tiles024.art" file which, if missing, might explain the bungled textures, but maybe it's just being read?

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostStrang3r, on 04 February 2012 - 01:39 PM, said:

No I haven't, but I don't see any files with that name. I've tried a search. I do have the "tiles024.art" file which, if missing, might explain the bungled textures, but maybe it's just being read?

Yes, tiles024.art is a necessary file. Make sure you got your DukePlus from here: http://fissile.duke4...e_dukeplus.html

Another important thing is that you are using the Atomic edition of DUKE3D.GRP.

I do have that file, but I downloaded DukePlus again from http://fissile.duke4...e_dukeplus.html just to make sure. Unfortunately, I'm getting the same results.

tiles024.art? I seem to remember reading something about Unix systems having case sensitivity problems, as ART is handled by EDuke32's own code internally, it could be that, perhaps try ranaming it to TILES024.ART as I'd be willing to be that the code expects capital letters there.

I could be completely wrong on this, I'm just posting on a whim.

Good idea, but it had no effect.

I don't know f this means anything to anyone, but HRP and EDuke both work perfectly without DukePlus. If I got HRP to run at the same time as DukePlus, would that make a difference?

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostStrang3r, on 04 February 2012 - 06:53 PM, said:

I don't know f this means anything to anyone, but HRP and EDuke both work perfectly without DukePlus. If I got HRP to run at the same time as DukePlus, would that make a difference?

I think the problem with DukePlus on your Mac is related to the fact that it uses tile numbers outside the range used in the regular game. This is true regardless of whether the HRP is being used at the same time, so I don't think it will help to use the HRP.

I think the problem with DukePlus on your Mac is related to the fact that it uses tile numbers outside the range used in the regular game.

Problem Solved!

After considering all the comments made in this thread, I realized that this problem was not case-specific, but rather, stemmed from using a unix-based OS. The only sensible thing to do was to install XP on an older MacBook running Snow Leopard and Voila! Eduke32 + HRP + DukePlus running flawlessly in glorious Open GL Widescreen. This is why I keep my old computers.

Praise Jebus, everyone, and thanks for your help.

Case Closed.

PS: DukePlus is a fu**ing revelation. I just wanted to thank DeeperThought for all the hard work and passion that must have gone into this project. Brilliant. I mean, c'mon. I'm using a laser pistol. How cool is that?

This post has been edited by Strang3r: 05 February 2012 - 12:27 PM

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostStrang3r, on 05 February 2012 - 12:19 PM, said:

PS: DukePlus is a fu**ing revelation. I just wanted to thank DeeperThought for all the hard work and passion that must have gone into this project. Brilliant. I mean, c'mon. I'm using a laser pistol. How cool is that?

You're welcome. And don't forget all the other people who have made big contributions to the project over the years.

In point of fact, though, the problem wasn't actually solved, you just decided to use a different OS. :D

Good you already solved the problem, but i just want to say that a possible cause is your Intel 3000 graphic card, which is blacklisted by Eduke so it doesn't work properly with highres texture and OpenGL; simply starting Eduke with the -forcegl parameter could make it to work good. ( See Eduke FAQ on wiki http://wiki.eduke32....Asked_Questions )
I had a similar issue on my EEEpc with a 3150, i just used -forcegl and it works fine.

• Duke Plus Developer

But if you look at his log you'll notice that he was already using OpenGL with that card. All that "forcegl" does is force the game to use OpenGL, it doesn't fix any problems that a card is having with the renderer.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options