Duke4.net Forums: [OFF] taking my questions. - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[OFF] taking my questions.  "here I post my questions to my dear friends. (all about CON scripting)"

User is offline   CruX 

View PostMblackwell, on 06 January 2012 - 03:53 PM, said:

For third person cameras (a bit late to the party I know) the best way I've found to control them is to map them to some kind of trigger within a sector (easiest is giving the sector a hitag). Then plot out your map so that you can guarantee the player will cross sectors in a way that lets you change the camera angle.
Sure you need extra sectors to handle switching back and forth between cameras but you get a very controllable experience.

Unless I'm missing something, this is pretty much exactly what I suggested doing, only I used an actor within a sector to handle the camera changes, rather than the sector itself. And the reason I'd rather use an actor is because the hitag can be in pretty much any range I want. Albeit, I didn't post any example code for this, but...still...

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

View PostEmericaSkater, on 07 January 2012 - 04:43 AM, said:

Unless I'm missing something, this is pretty much exactly what I suggested doing, only I used an actor within a sector to handle the camera changes, rather than the sector itself. And the reason I'd rather use an actor is because the hitag can be in pretty much any range I want. Albeit, I didn't post any example code for this, but...still...

Might have been. I only skimmed the thread, though so I missed most of the posts (esp if they didn't have example code). Sorry to steal your thunder :unsure:.

User is offline   CruX 

View PostMblackwell, on 07 January 2012 - 06:00 AM, said:

Might have been. I only skimmed the thread, though so I missed most of the posts (esp if they didn't have example code). Sorry to steal your thunder :unsure:.

Nah, I wasn't worried about that, I was just pointing out...Out of genuine curiosity, though, why do you use sector tags? If I read your code right, you have to start tags at 2304 and go up, which seems like it'd be a bit of a hassle.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View Postchicken, on 06 January 2012 - 11:40 AM, said:

frame { name "frame000" tile 0415 }

the tilenumber.

View PostThe Commander, on 06 January 2012 - 02:23 PM, said:

You dont need the zero in front of 415 though.

I specifically recall NightFright saying in an HRP changelog that all traces of leading zeroes in tile numbers were removed because it cause a bug in certain situations or certain OSs. IIRC I did the same thing in a pass-through of the SWHRP defs many years ago.

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 07 January 2012 - 03:47 PM

• Evil Overlord

View PostEmericaSkater, on 07 January 2012 - 08:41 AM, said:

Nah, I wasn't worried about that, I was just pointing out...Out of genuine curiosity, though, why do you use sector tags? If I read your code right, you have to start tags at 2304 and go up, which seems like it'd be a bit of a hassle.

Well, you could set it up to be any tag you want but it keeps you from worrying about other tags you might be using. I just stuck with a sector tag (I've done it the other way as well) in this case because it's less code to worry about/less things to go wrong. Not a big deal either way but I figured it's simpler to set up and easier for a beginner to understand in an example.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostHendricks266, on 07 January 2012 - 03:47 PM, said:

I specifically recall NightFright saying in an HRP changelog that all traces of leading zeroes in tile numbers were removed because it cause a bug in certain situations or certain OSs. IIRC I did the same thing in a pass-through of the SWHRP defs many years ago.

There would also be the fact that you can define to tiles in the 10000+ range.
dummytilerange 14400 14607 320 200
texture 14400 { pal 0 { file "RA_data/Textures/Movie/LOST1/bmap0000.png" } }

User is offline   RPD Guy 

upgrade status: now RE-making a model of a "crashed cop car".

STOP S.O.P.A. e P.I.P.A.!!!!!!!

LOL

edit: :unsure:

This post has been edited by Dk2: 24 January 2012 - 11:28 AM

What the fuck

well, here I am again.
and now, I need one thing that is more important than everything. a partiner.
a partiner for codding, modeling, texturing.... anything that helps!
I'm gona say it again: We are remaking Resident Evil 2!

1% complete.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostDk2, on 03 February 2012 - 11:31 AM, said:

1% complete.

This might become a looong thread. :D

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

Rule number two: Never announce a project unless you're far into the development process.

Rule number two: Never announce a project unless you're far into the development process.

I'm an anarchist

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostLeoD, on 03 February 2012 - 12:06 PM, said:

This might become a looong thread. :D

Probably not that long, most projects of this sort never finish. :D

Probably not that long, most projects of this sort never finish.

like I said, I'm an anarchist.
I will change this fate. lol

well, I will remove this thread, and start one new named "Resident Evil 2 TC"
organization is everything!

one more thing:

High Treason!!!!!111!1!

We need to improve the cam code! can u give some ideas?
Tanks A lot.

Now, FOCUS HERE: http://forums.duke4....iden-evil-2-tc/

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostMblackwell, on 06 January 2012 - 03:53 PM, said:

setvar cur_CAMERA_id THISACTOR

Sorry to bump an old thread but I had to ask about this, as i'm dabbling with an oldschool SH mod and was checking out your camera code. This doesn't actually seem to work when I tested it though. Is this no longer valid (or was it ever valid?) way to set a variable?

To clarify "THISACTOR" is not recognized by Eduke32 upon launching. So i'm assuming something has changed in recent builds to prevent this from being a valid course?

This post has been edited by Commando Nukem: 09 July 2014 - 03:51 AM

View PostDk2, on 03 February 2012 - 11:31 AM, said:

1% complete.

I wonder if this got to 2%...

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostCommando Nukem, on 09 July 2014 - 03:21 AM, said:

Sorry to bump an old thread but I had to ask about this, as i'm dabbling with an oldschool SH mod and was checking out your camera code. This doesn't actually seem to work when I tested it though. Is this no longer valid (or was it ever valid?) way to set a variable?

To clarify "THISACTOR" is not recognized by Eduke32 upon launching. So i'm assuming something has changed in recent builds to prevent this from being a valid course?

setvarvar

• Judge Mental

View PostHendricks266, on 09 July 2014 - 11:02 AM, said:

setvarvar

I was just about to come back and say "nevermind I figured it out!" Ha. Thanks Hendricks. Posted Image

Though I did bump into another glitch. EXTRA does not seem to effect the horiz at all. It always spawns the cameras facing slightly downwards towards the floor.

This post has been edited by Commando Nukem: 09 July 2014 - 04:46 PM

• Evil Overlord

Are you... using the internal camera sprite?

Because that has its own parameters. Shade = horiz

Also center = 100

So one of those is probably your issue.

• Judge Mental

Hm... Well, that doesn't exactly make sense to me. See, I did use the second (un-named) frame of the demo camera just for convenience. I figured that frame wouldn't have any code associated with it? If that's all it is, no big deal I can just move it elsewhere. Thanks. Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options