Duke4.net Forums: Duke3D Addons & EDuke32 - Duke4.net Forums

Jump to content

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke3D Addons & EDuke32

User is offline   zirkoni 

  • 2

#1

I know this has been discussed on several other topics but I wanted to create my own thread for this. :P

I have Duke Nukem Kill-A-Ton collection. Atomic Edition is working just fine, so is Duke It Out in DC.
However, I haven't been able to get either Duke Xtreme or Duke Zone 2 to work. Duke Zone 2 runs without problems in DOSBox but Xtreme
is a windows program and can't be run in DOS mode.

Other addons:
- Caribbean Life's a Beach is running fine in Eduke32.
- Nuclear winter doesn't work in Eduke32. This is a Windows version, however I was able to get this running is DOSBox by installing the game first in Windows and then just mounted the game directory in DOSBox.
- Penthouse Paradise runs fine in EDuke32.

Eduke32 gives the same error message for all 3 broken addons (that's Duke Xtreme, Duke Zone 2 and Nuclear Winter):
"Error(s) found in file xxxxxxxx.con. Do you want to use the INTERNAL DEFAULTS." (xxxxxxxx depends on the addon)

So my question is:
How do I get all these addons to run in EDuke32 or is it impossible?
0

User is offline   Lunick 

  • Snazzy Ex Tazzy
  • 4,627

#2

View Postzirkoni, on Apr 3 2010, 08:49 PM, said:

I know this has been discussed on several other topics but I wanted to create my own thread for this. :P

I have Duke Nukem Kill-A-Ton collection. Atomic Edition is working just fine, so is Duke It Out in DC.
However, I haven't been able to get either Duke Xtreme or Duke Zone 2 to work. Duke Zone 2 runs without problems in DOSBox but Xtreme
is a windows program and can't be run in DOS mode.

Other addons:
- Caribbean Life's a Beach is running fine in Eduke32.
- Nuclear winter doesn't work in Eduke32. This is a Windows version, however I was able to get this running is DOSBox by installing the game first in Windows and then just mounted the game directory in DOSBox.
- Penthouse Paradise runs fine in EDuke32.

Eduke32 gives the same error message for all 3 broken addons (that's Duke Xtreme, Duke Zone 2 and Nuclear Winter):
"Error(s) found in file xxxxxxxx.con. Do you want to use the INTERNAL DEFAULTS." (xxxxxxxx depends on the addon)

So my question is:
How do I get all these addons to run in EDuke32 or is it impossible?


i have already posed how to fix these in another thread

Duke: The Apocalypse has Xtreme and Duke!Zone2 doesnt it?
Duke Xtreme:
First You need to find the folder DKXTRM and copy that to the same directory where eduke is, Then In Pack14 you will find 3 ConFiles, copy them to to where eduke is again. Then Rename each confile so that DKEXDEFS.CON is now DN3DDEFS.CON, DKEXGAME.CON is now GAME.CON and DKEXUSER.CON is now DN3DUSER.CON. Then Use a Bat file
eduke32.exe -jDKXTRM\PACK14 -jDKXTRM\SPMAPS -jDKXTRM\DMMAPS -cfg dkxtrm.cfg
That should hopefully work

Duke!Zone2
Ok For Duke!Zone2 you need to download these Con Files http://www.mediafire.com/?jzendjio5mt
Put them in the same folder as eduke and run a bat
eduke32 -gDZ.GRP
It should work

For Nuclear Winter
ou need to find Nuclear Witer HRP download it and use the con files from that

LeoTCK - EDIT: Jimmy, Blow it out your ass!
http://duke3dmaps.tumblr.com/
0

User is offline   zirkoni 

  • 2

#3

View PostLunick, on Apr 3 2010, 12:55 PM, said:

Duke Xtreme:
First You need to find the folder DKXTRM and copy that to the same directory where eduke is, Then In Pack14 you will find 3 ConFiles, copy them to to where eduke is again. Then Rename each confile so that DKEXDEFS.CON is now DN3DDEFS.CON, DKEXGAME.CON is now GAME.CON and DKEXUSER.CON is now DN3DUSER.CON. Then Use a Bat file
eduke32.exe -jDKXTRM\PACK14 -jDKXTRM\SPMAPS -jDKXTRM\DMMAPS -cfg dkxtrm.cfg
That should hopefully work

Thanks, now everything works except Duke Xtreme.

The game starts but when I select "new game" all I can see is the three original episodes. If I start one of these the game has new graphics (like pistol has yellow sripes) but that's all. If I select "user map" I can see the xtreme maps there and I can play them. But shouldn't there be a new episode that I could choose like with the other addons?
0

User is offline   Lunick 

  • Snazzy Ex Tazzy
  • 4,627

#4

View Postzirkoni, on Apr 4 2010, 01:13 AM, said:

Thanks, now everything works except Duke Xtreme.

The game starts but when I select "new game" all I can see is the three original episodes. If I start one of these the game has new graphics (like pistol has yellow sripes) but that's all. If I select "user map" I can see the xtreme maps there and I can play them. But shouldn't there be a new episode that I could choose like with the other addons?


Did you rename the con files?

Thats seems to be the problem

LeoTCK - EDIT: Jimmy, Blow it out your ass!
http://duke3dmaps.tumblr.com/
0

User is offline   zirkoni 

  • 2

#5

View PostLunick, on Apr 4 2010, 01:59 AM, said:

Did you rename the con files?

Yes, I did exactly what you said.
- I have the three CON files renamed and in the same folder as eduke32.
- DKXTRM folder is copied in the same location.
- There's also duke3d.grp in the same location.
- And used a bat file: eduke32.exe -jDKXTRM\PACK14 -jDKXTRM\SPMAPS -jDKXTRM\DMMAPS -cfg dkxtrm.cfg
0

User is offline   Lunick 

  • Snazzy Ex Tazzy
  • 4,627

#6

View Postzirkoni, on Apr 4 2010, 06:31 PM, said:

Yes, I did exactly what you said.
- I have the three CON files renamed and in the same folder as eduke32.
- DKXTRM folder is copied in the same location.
- There's also duke3d.grp in the same location.
- And used a bat file: eduke32.exe -jDKXTRM\PACK14 -jDKXTRM\SPMAPS -jDKXTRM\DMMAPS -cfg dkxtrm.cfg


I sent you a private message to help solve this problem

LeoTCK - EDIT: Jimmy, Blow it out your ass!
http://duke3dmaps.tumblr.com/

This post has been edited by Lunick: 04 April 2010 - 01:34 AM

0

User is offline   zirkoni 

  • 2

#7

Thanks for the help, it works now. :P
0

User is offline   Lunick 

  • Snazzy Ex Tazzy
  • 4,627

#8

View Postzirkoni, on Apr 5 2010, 03:05 AM, said:

Thanks for the help, it works now. :P


No Problem

LeoTCK - EDIT: Jimmy, Blow it out your ass!
http://duke3dmaps.tumblr.com/

This post has been edited by Lunick: 27 July 2010 - 10:45 PM

0

User is offline   kingnothing 

  • 0

#9

the xtreme pack didnt work for me too
it want to import eduke.cfg since there is no dkxtrm.cfg
but if i gave yes it loads my atomic game not xtreme
where to find or extract that file?
0

User is offline   Lunick 

  • Snazzy Ex Tazzy
  • 4,627

#10

If you do exactly as i said into a blank directory, it will work

LeoTCK - EDIT: Jimmy, Blow it out your ass!
http://duke3dmaps.tumblr.com/
0

User is offline   kingnothing 

  • 0

#11

for extreme i did what u said
copied entire DKXTRM folder to duke parental folder
named the 3 con files placed in parental directory of Duke where is eduke is found
made the bat(copied the command u gave)
and what is the use of Pack13 in the DKXTRM folder

and is there a way to keep both xtreme n zone 2 together since both addons have the file game.con file
0

User is offline   Lunick 

  • Snazzy Ex Tazzy
  • 4,627

#12

Pack 13 I presume is for Duke 1.3d, Pack 14 is for Duke 1.4+

Pm me and I will help get this fixed

The Game.con file I reckon would be different for each game

EDIT: Ive pmed you. It will be easier

LeoTCK - EDIT: Jimmy, Blow it out your ass!
http://duke3dmaps.tumblr.com/

This post has been edited by Lunick: 14 June 2010 - 10:03 PM

0

User is offline   kingnothing 

  • 0

#13

it worked thanks
as for installing both together
cannot i rename one of the game.con file and add that to the batch file
like for xtreme i name xgame.con and for zone i name zgame.con and add that to the batch file
if that does not work
can i modify the con files using a note pad so that they work
this way i can choose what mod i want to play with out replacing the game.con file

btw not all the feature of xtreme are active i remember killing the alien and his soul more than once and the the water was blood (red colored)
and many other feature
if you haven't played it on dos,that means you don't know all features
and the weapons i was hoping to get a knife instead of mighty kick

This post has been edited by kingnothing: 15 June 2010 - 12:58 AM

0

User is offline   Lunick 

  • Snazzy Ex Tazzy
  • 4,627

#14

Hmm, it should have worked, dunno then, i have tried my best

LeoTCK - EDIT: Jimmy, Blow it out your ass!
http://duke3dmaps.tumblr.com/
0

User is offline   Franpa 

  • 3

#15

What files are necessary to get Nuclear Winter working? My friend wants to play it with Eduke. I told them to copy these 2 files over to Eduke32 folder and run Eduke with this command line, however it reports back saying errors in the con, would you like to load the internal defaults?

EDuke32.exe -xNWINTER.CON -gNWINTER.GRP


My friend has the disc and has managed to install from the disc via a Virtual Machine due to 16bit programs not working on a 64bit O/S. They will very likely have every file required but they don't want excess files cluttering up there Eduke32 folder. Help is appreciated.
0

User is offline   Lunick 

  • Snazzy Ex Tazzy
  • 4,627

#16

View PostFranpa, on Jul 28 2010, 05:08 PM, said:

What files are necessary to get Nuclear Winter working? My friend wants to play it with Eduke. I told them to copy these 2 files over to Eduke32 folder and run Eduke with this command line, however it reports back saying errors in the con, would you like to load the internal defaults?

EDuke32.exe -xNWINTER.CON -gNWINTER.GRP


My friend has the disc and has managed to install from the disc via a Virtual Machine due to 16bit programs not working on a 64bit O/S. They will very likely have every file required but they don't want excess files cluttering up there Eduke32 folder. Help is appreciated.


Download Nuclear Winter HRP and use the cons from that, worked for me :D

LeoTCK - EDIT: Jimmy, Blow it out your ass!
http://duke3dmaps.tumblr.com/
0

User is offline   Hendricks266 

  • EDuke32 Senior Developer
  • 6,153

  #17

Download NW+ and use it, even if you just want to play in 8-bit mode. Not just the CONs. "Your friend" really beat around the bush. All you need to do is copy NWINTER.GRP from your CD to your EDuke32 folder and run NW+!

There's no reason not to use NW+. It fixes bugs in the programming and errors in the original 8-bit art, and it has high quality Roland Sound Canvas SC-55 recordings of the MIDIs. :D
0

User is online   MusicallyInspired 

  • 3,093

#18

Did I record those from the SC-55? I can't remember...lol

EDIT: Immediately after I posted this post I looked at my signature and slapped myself promptly in the face. Twice.

Roland SC-55 Music Packs
new! Heretic SC-55 Music Pack in FLAC, OGG, & MP3 with metadata loop tags (12/12/18)
Duke3D, Doom, Heretic, Descent, Hocus Pocus, and more...
Legacy of Grabbag Metal Medley

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 28 July 2010 - 04:12 PM

0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Maiden! ;) © 2018 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password


Sign in options