Duke4.net Forums: [Release] DN64 Revisited - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[Release] DN64 Revisited  "DN64 DM maps formed into an SP"

User is offline   Sixty Four 

• Turok Nukem

I have changed the header for this since they all go together. For those of you familiar with DN64 you may know of the dm only maps made just for it. I will do the DN64 dm maps formed into single players just for the enjoyment. There is 4 dm maps in DN64 one of them is already a cut out from babe land from episode 4 "Piracy" So I most likely wont be doing that one But "Dukenstein" "Noctis Labyrinthus" and "Shaft" I will be doing

Dukenstein:
Duke must return to the "Castle Dukenstein" to retrieve some left behind documents from DN64. The map is a parody of Wolfenstein, I assure you it will be worth it to give it a run.
Attached Image: DukensteinRevisit.png

Download here : Dukenstein2015

Steam available : Dukenstein on steam

Noctis Labyrinthus:
Duke there is plant life showing on Mars in the Noctis Labyrinthus, you must return. Things have changed since your last visit and plant life is showing that there could be Aliens there. They must have known you have been there before and in waiting your return they adapted and multiplied. You know what to do....

Attached Image: RevisitNoctis.png

Download here RevisitNoctis 2015

Steam version : Noctis on steam

Shaft Revisited:
Continue the story after paying a revisit to Dukenstein and Noctis Duke must now see where and how all the aliens were able to populate so much in the Noctis Labyrinthus. Duke is soon to find out and discover an underground shaft beneath the Noctis Labyrinthus it's time to put an end to this.
Attached Image: ShaftRevisited.png

Download here: RevisitShaft2015
Steam version:Shaft on steam

This post has been edited by Duke64: 23 January 2015 - 10:10 PM

User is online   Lunick 

The level sort of gives me Gate's Motel vibes. I'm sure this would play well in Dukematch as well.

the map always did have potential to be a good sp/co-op map. now it is :)

User is online   ck3D 

nice one. i haven't played duke 64 in well over ten years and for some reason i was getting the names of its dukematch levels mixed up in my memories, and expecting a remake of noctis labyrinthus. this didn't disappoint, though - layout and gameplay were top notch. i kind of wish you had spent just a little more time fine-tuning some of the basic aesthetics, though, misaligned textures and all, because then the immersion would have been perfect and the results would have been killer. took me 15 mins with a tea break in the middle and failed to find any of the secrets. that was fun ! thanks.

• Turok Nukem

Thanks a lot everyone! yeah this map is sentimental on my behalf. To CK3D thanks man I actually just went through and cleaned up a few texture alignments that I had missed guess my drunk eye isn't as good my sober eye hehe but the download now updated with some texture fixes. Also, I actually thought of Noctis Labyrinthus as an SP as well but haven't thought of a way to implement the SP yet so far my thought's were a boss fight near the pyramid but since the map is so open got to figure what it takes to get to that spot. Who knows we might see Shaft as an SP also but as for Piracy well it already kind of has one in Land of the babes well sort of :lol:
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Duke64: 10 January 2015 - 10:19 AM

User is offline   Evilman 

As i said on your workshop release, you did great, it really feels authentic and could have been the original Singleplayer section of the original map if it was not only a Dukematch level. I'd really like to see Shaft on singleplayer too ! The Level design is really interesting on this one. :lol:

This post has been edited by Evilman: 10 January 2015 - 07:11 PM

• Turok Nukem

Evilman, on 10 January 2015 - 06:01 PM, said:

As i said on your workshop release, you did great, it really feels authentic and could have been the original Singleplayer . I'd really like to see Shaft on singleplayer too !

Thanks man and I do plan to do it with shaft but you know things get hectic sometimes hopefully can go through with things

• Turok Nukem

When I released this I had already began planning and working with the other DN64 DM maps so you can expect probably all of them to be made into SP style with a maybe tag placed on Piracy for reasons I already stated. It's just a small project I always wanted to do it been thinking about it for a year but was always busy as hail with my own works. But I decided I am going full throttle with this I am super busy at this time period so doing smaller things is really fun for me.

• Turok Nukem

I didn't want to make a new release post for this thought I would change the header and add it here Noctis Labyrinthus made for SP is here hope you enjoy because the DM version is a bit big and mazy, it's not that great for DM. But I am just doing this for fun really I added it to main post but here ya go.

Duke there is plant life showing on Mars in the Noctis Labyrinthus, you must return. Things have changed since your last visit and plant life is showing that there could be Aliens there. They must have known you have been there before and in waiting your return they adapted and multiplied. You know what to do....

the 64 DM maps always did have the feel of being sp like maps more so than DM ones

• Turok Nukem

Added the map to main post ;) believe it will be the end of this hope you enjoy them :lol:

Shaft Revisited:
Continue the story after paying a revisit to Dukenstein and Noctis Duke must now see where and how all the aliens were able to populate so much in the Noctis Labyrinthus. Duke is soon to find out and discover an underground shaft beneath the Noctis Labyrinthus it's time to put an end to this Duke.

Hope you enjoy Revisiting The Shaft heheheh

This post has been edited by Duke64: 23 January 2015 - 10:26 PM

User is offline   Steve 64 

I just played the map it really good

Edit: here is the video of it

This post has been edited by Steven Shipler: 24 January 2015 - 10:04 AM

• Turok Nukem

Your a punk starcratzerg come here and downvote ppl for no reason even did it to others other then me... Though I don't like you I never downvoted one of your posts yet at least till now. I have learned not to care about rep points so go ahead do more but for every one you do I will do one for you to and don't be surprised if others that you decided to downvote do it to. You should go to the other threads maybe stay in DNF because user maps level editing is normally people who are bit more mature.

• Turok Nukem

Made this thing into a mini episode/mod you can check it out here DN64Revisited Episode

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

I've never played DN64, so this is an extra plus for your enjoyable little episode. :)
Not sure if you care to fix it, but these three maps have a serious issue in combination with the Polymer renderer:
Most wall/floor aligned sprites are invisible. This does not only affect decoration, but also switches (Shaft), keylocks (Dukenstein), and nuke buttons (Noctis).
(I don't remember coming across similar problems in your previous releases.)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options