Duke4.net Forums: I wanna retexture... (HRP) - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I wanna retexture... (HRP)

Hey there.

I once made the Palm-Tree model

I like to retexture the flame/explosion textures (and also the Earth/Moon skyboxes)
I wanna reclaim the pixelated look wich is too photographic compared to the game-version which looks more bold and gritty.

Whats the best start/source. Do i extract the textures from the HRP or can i get the source textures?

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

'Reclaiming the pixelated look' is not what the HRP is about. By all means start a different pack though. The more the merrier.

Fox released his 'true' 3D skyboxes, which are in classic style, but I can't remember where at the moment. Do a search or PM him.

I released the blend file for the skybox I made for the HHR mod. - https://forums.duke4...post__p__287333

The blend file comes with a more photographic-style cityscape, but there is nothing to stop you from putting building sprites on alpha planes and rendering them out to get a pixelated skyline skybox.

User is offline   Phredreeke 

Fox’s skyboxes are included in the fixes package at the bottom of the page http://hrp.duke4.net/download.php

User is online   0815Jack 

well.... retexuring is a good idea.... but what about doing something from the current hrp to-do list....

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostBuddhaMaster, on 18 April 2018 - 05:58 PM, said:

I like to retexture the flame/explosion textures (and also the Earth/Moon skyboxes)
I wanna reclaim the pixelated look wich is too photographic compared to the game-version which looks more bold and gritty.

This is confusing and I can't figure out what you are trying to say.

The last time I looked at the HRP fire, it looked less like real fire than the original 8-bit fire. That can't be good for an HD pack, right? I don't know what's on the "to do" list for the HRP, but the fire sprites are pretty important and are seen a lot, so if they can be done better and if someone wants to do them, how could it hurt to have them try?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options