Duke4.net Forums: Alien Armageddon [RELEASE] - Duke4.net Forums

• 58 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Alien Armageddon [RELEASE]  "showcasing sebabdukeboss20 characters with some enhancements"

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Hahahah are you serious?

User is offline   xMobilemux 

Didn't you see the video?

At the 1:04 mark.

View PostJimmy, on 18 May 2018 - 12:58 PM, said:

How does she run around with her pants unzipped? What the fuck guys.

This is why:
Posted Image

User is offline   Mark 

I think its because she is PMSing and feeling a little bloated. :( Or as simple as the button hole stretched and won't stay buttoned up. It has nothing to do with how damn sexy it looks. :P

This post has been edited by Mark.: 18 May 2018 - 03:07 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Maybe she’s trying to distract the aliens, thus gaining a tactical advantage.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostMicky C, on 18 May 2018 - 03:22 PM, said:

Maybe she’s trying to distract the aliens, thus gaining a tactical advantage.

That's why I walk around with my pants unzipped

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostJimmy, on 18 May 2018 - 12:58 PM, said:

How does she run around with her pants unzipped? What the fuck guys.

That reminds me -- I keep forgetting to ask sebabdukeboss20 if he can provide a second skin for her where she is dressed more like Duke with normal functional jeans and a tank-top. Then, let's have a new skin of Duke where his pants are unzipped, and the player can choose which version they want :(
EDIT: Maybe not the Duke one, or if there is a "sexy' Duke version, make it something different.

This post has been edited by Trooper Dan: 18 May 2018 - 04:28 PM

User is offline   Mark 

Have duke's pants down low gangsta style and have him fall flat on his face when running after aliens.

User is online   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

View PostTrooper Dan, on 18 May 2018 - 04:20 PM, said:

That reminds me -- I keep forgetting to ask sebabdukeboss20 if he can provide a second skin for her where she is dressed more like Duke with normal functional jeans and a tank-top. Then, let's have a new skin of Duke where his pants are unzipped, and the player can choose which version they want :(
EDIT: Maybe not the Duke one, or if there is a "sexy' Duke version, make it something different.

Then you need to put man streapers, make latin, asian and african skins of duke and shelly, put other racial diverse NPC, some dogs, cats and vegan food items as well.

View PostxMobilemux, on 18 May 2018 - 01:23 PM, said:

There's a gun that turns aliens into sexy women in bikinis, but unzipped pants is what's hard to believe?

So does this mean that the women you find in Duke3D that spawn aliens upon death are actually secretly transformed aliens?
Wow, actual lizard people.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostDoom64hunter, on 18 May 2018 - 11:00 PM, said:

So does this mean that the women you find in Duke3D that spawn aliens upon death are actually secretly transformed aliens?
Wow, actual lizard people.

Do you mean the women who trigger enemy respawns? Women don't spawn aliens in the game, unless you count the episode 4 intro cutscene.

Babifier weapon backstory: After the last invasion, Earth scientists studied the alien tech used to transform humans into pig-monsters. They developed a ray that could infuse human DNA into alien bio-matter and quickly transform it into a human female -- a suitable revenge against aliens who steal babes.

How the newly spawned women know English is a mystery, though.

View PostTrooper Dan, on 19 May 2018 - 12:41 AM, said:

Babifier weapon backstory: After the last invasion, Earth scientists studied the alien tech used to transform humans into pig-monsters. They developed a ray that could infuse human DNA into alien bio-matter and quickly transform it into a human female -- a suitable revenge against aliens who steal babes.

Now that sounds like a moral dilemma if I ever heard one. :(

But it's definitely an interesting effect for a weapon.

This post has been edited by Doom64hunter: 19 May 2018 - 01:21 AM

User is offline   Mark 

The women are supplied with Star Trek translators. :(

User is offline   MrFlibble 

Amazing job guys, keep it up! :(

User is offline   Stripper 

Duke Nukem in a crop top would really throw off the aliens, that and some hot pants!

There is any chance to add the Firefly Trooper as an encounterable enemy without logistic or copyright issues? I do not see what's wrong with have this possibility also outside New World Order episode.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Both the art and the CON code are copyrighted by Gearbox, and using them in a mod would lack permission, but knowing Gearbox's stance on fan projects, it is likely to be implicitly okay.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

The sniper alien by sebabdukeboss20 already in AA is based on the Firefly, and it is a better enemy imo.

It's not precisely a question of better or worse, it is evident that is based on the Firefly, the matter is different here: Sniping from long range every time you expose and a flamethrower attack that consumes progressively your life are two totally different type of things. And anyway the sniper it's even perfectly identifiable as a woman for how it was modified when the Firefly is clearly a male, the only thing that would seem to share is the species (or this neither?). It could return other interesting strategic situations.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

I would rather use a completely different design for a flamethrower enemy. Anyway, we have a ton of different enemies already.

User is offline   Jblade 

The problem with the firefly is that it's kinda useless gameplay wise - in WT it literally just killed itself and most of the aliens around it in the vast majority of combat situations. The idea of it shrinking around to avoid attacks is pretty cool though, but ultimately it's a flawed enemy.

User is offline   Mark 

View PostTrooper Dan, on 16 May 2018 - 12:53 PM, said:

A peek at Bombshell's guns:

If I'm not mistaken, your new grenade is based on an idea in a post of your's in the 3DR forums from way back in 2006. :(

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

I did code an earlier version of that back in 2006 for my DNWMD mod, but it didn't have sebabdukeboss20's kickass sprites. At the time, I just had the player throw a pipebomb and it broke open to reveal a turret (which used the same sprites as enemy turrets). There were games that had weapons like that before 2006 -- the Ratchet and Clank series, for example. I'm sure there must have been several others.

User is online   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

I'm really eager to see all the great stuff you'll come up with!

User is offline   Merlijn 

The new episode is progressing nicely as well, it's a lot of fun to work with the new features. :(

Here's another teaser:

Attached Image: duke0004.png

User is offline   Phredreeke 

how are you going to handle the player (as bombshell) interacting with toilets?

User is offline   Mark 

She'll back up to a urinal you pervert. :(

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostPhredreeke, on 04 June 2018 - 12:34 PM, said:

how are you going to handle the player (as bombshell) interacting with toilets?

As of right now, if you try to use a urinal when controlling Bombshell, she just flushes it. This is done via a hack manipulating last_pissed_time. You can use toilets, though: if you use a toillet, the camera does a 180 and lowers, to simulate sitting on the toilet.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Posted Image

Duke and Bombshell will each have an additional skin to choose from. Duke will have the shirtless action hero option as well as his regular attire, and Bombshell will have the one pictured above with the working zipper. She will of course still have the classic skin based on the concept art.

We have decided to move back the release of AA to late summer or possibly early fall due to the fact that we keep adding new content, plus our real life commitments which have slowed some of us down.

Some highlights to look forward to in the eventual release:

• 3000+ tiles of new art, mostly consisting of characters by sebabdukeboss20. These will include of a large number of well-animated new enemies, NPCs, and allies.
  • An entirely new episode by some of the community's best level designers, with an accompanying story
  • Bombshell as a playable character and NPC, with the player able to switch control between Duke and Bombshell (depending on the map and the play mode) while the other assists as a CPU ally
  • Lots of general enhancements, including to gore, the hud, bug fixes, and more

When development is still at that stage in which new content is regularly being added, and the new content inspires more changes and other content...then it's very hard to predict how long it will take. But that's a good problem to have. :(

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

this, Ion Maiden, & AMC TC
all projected to be released in Q3-Q4

Share this topic:

• 58 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options