Duke4.net Forums: Far Cry 5 (under minimum requirements) - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Far Cry 5 (under minimum requirements)

User is online   Tekedon 

https://youtu.be/T5MP-1wv5js

Far Cry 5 was released today. I've been a fan of Far Cry 4 and decided to give the fifth installment a try. This is me playing it and trying different settings on my LOW end laptop. It is certainly playable atleast.

Specs are:

I7 4710hq @2,5 GHz
Geforce GTX 850M 2gb DDR3 (overclocked, coreclock +135 MHz, memory clock +199 MHz)
8 GB RAM
Win 10

Fun to see that it is still playable below the minimum requirements.

Anyone else bought this game today?

User is offline   Maisth 

I did buy and was also suprised that it runs well on my rig even though it means turning some settings down, pretty fun game also.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

I just finished installing and am now updating drivers.

Whats interesting is that when I initially launched it, the game had a popup that told me there was an update for my drivers for the game. Is this the first game to do this?

Can't wait to get the dog; I have a red heeler so its as close to my dog as any game has gotten

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 27 March 2018 - 03:34 PM

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

I have read some reviews and admit I am reluctant to buy this at full price. And that comes from someone who played Far Cry 1, 3 and 4. They could have done more with this setting, which I consider not as interesting as the Caribbean and Himalaya settings of the predecessors.

Once it's on sale for at least 50% off, I may consider it. For now I prefer to wait. Same goes for the latest Wolfenstein game, btw.

User is offline   axl 

View PostNightFright, on 29 March 2018 - 09:46 AM, said:

I have read some reviews and admit I am reluctant to buy this at full price. And that comes from someone who played Far Cry 1, 3 and 4.

I have the same feeling. It looks fun, but on the other hand, it also looks like a reskin of Far Cry 3 and Far Cry 4...

User is offline   HulkNukem 

Its absolutely more Far Cry 3 and 4, although things changed up a tiny bit.

There's no longer crafting to unlock upgrades, instead skinning animals just lets you sell their skin for cash.
There's also no more experience points, instead you get perk points from doing various things, and some of the crafting upgrades were put into the perk system instead, so to get weapon holsters and ammo upgrades, you use the same perk points you would for things like faster swimming or more health.
Having companions changes things a little bit. For one, if you go down, they can revive you, which is pretty nice when you die from a glitch or something else. The dog is also great because he automatically tags all nearby enemies. If you aren't seen, companions being seen won't alert enemies unless you tell them to attack, which is nice.
The setting is not as fun as the beautiful islands of Far Cry 3 or the lush jungle mountains of Far Cry 4, but there's still some really cool locations; plus it all looks just crisp and amazing at times.
Theres still only like 4 total enemy models which is a huge shame.
Also, no more climbing towers to unlock side content. Now, you either talk to people around the world which will mark things like outposts on the minimap, or you just discover it by roaming around on your own. I kinda like this more, although I liked climbing towers, it's cool to have things unlock more naturally.

There is also still a ton of jank and a ton of those 'Far Cry moments', although it honestly feels like they turned it up to 11 and it gets exhausting. You can't seem to drive for more than 10 seconds before coming across something going on.

I like it overall, although I wouldn't say this is a must buy at full price.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options