Duke4.net Forums: Thank you! - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Thank you!  "Showing my gratitude."

User is offline   Devon 

Hi!

I just wanted to take a little bit of my time to thank m210 for all his work on Blood and now even wichaven.

Thank you so very much for making these old games playable with smooth framerate, fixes and modern features.

I was one of the first to donate to Bloodgdx i think, and i will continue to do so in the future,

For this is truly heartwarming for me and thousands of fans around the world who by this time right before Bloodgdx never would imagine to play any other way than in dosbox.

So from the bottom of my geeky old school fps heart.. thank you!

Best regards!

User is offline   m210® 

Thanks you too :)

User is offline   malvado 

I agree. Thanks a lot M210 you're an absolute legend. I really appreciate your work dude.

User is offline   Tekedon 

I also want to express my gratitude. I've always had high hopes for BloodGDX and you did not dissapoint. You seem like the kind of man who always finishes what he starts and also works extremly fast and produces great quality stuff! :P

User is offline   VGA 

Thanks from me, too!

User is offline   Mr. Death 

I would also like to say a big THANK YOU to M210!

I'm a slightly newer fan of Blood & the build engine games in general. I first purchased the game through GOG several years ago but never actually finished it because I hate using DOSbox that much! Since the release of BloodGDX I've completed the entire game twice now (normal & hard), and I've also beaten both expansions and some user created episodes as well!

I've been following BloodGDX since the beginning and I was more excited about its first initial release than I was for any of the AAA games coming out that year XD

So to echo what everyone else here is saying, thank you M210 for BloodGDX & I look forward to the next update/release!

User is offline   max_nukem 

Yeah, big THANK YOU, M210!

User is offline   Mere_Duke 

Probably everyone forgot but M210 also made BAFed art utility a few years ago which helped me (and not only me) a lot in art editing.
Спасибо тебе и за это тоже :P

User is offline   Kamika007z 

Add me to this list (thank you to Devon as well for starting this thread)! THANK YOU m210! I was excited to hear about Witchaven when I saw it... now I just need to find me old install discs for part 1 and 2 :P

Anxiously waiting to see what updates you have next for Blood and all. :lol:

User is offline   SFJake 

I came her to thank you as well, m210.

You actually added full difficulty customization which is bloody awesome. And all in all this thing is perfect. I still can't even believe you (anyone) managed to do this at all. I love Blood with all my heart so, thank you so much for this.

I thank you, too! It's been years since I've been waiting for this moment! Even on the very first releases I was able to play without major issues and everything turned perfect so quickly! Thanks for making it possible!
Anyway, I was just wondering, if you successfully reverse engineered a game this complex, could you do this for Corridor 7 and Operation Bodycount? They're the only wolf3d engine based games without modern ports and their source code is said to be lost.

User is offline   m210® 

View Postfilipetolhuizen, on 26 May 2018 - 09:04 PM, said:

Anyway, I was just wondering, if you successfully reverse engineered a game this complex, could you do this for Corridor 7 and Operation Bodycount? They're the only wolf3d engine based games without modern ports and their source code is said to be lost.

I don't know, I have experience with BuildEngine games only and I know struct of them. If I try to RE IdSoftwares games, it will takes more then one year I think, so I don't want to spend years for this :(

User is offline   max_nukem 

Thanks again Alex!

View PostM210, on 27 May 2018 - 02:57 AM, said:

I don't know, I have experience with BuildEngine games only and I know struct of them. If I try to RE IdSoftwares games, it will takes more then one year I think, so I don't want to spend years for this :(

Yes, I understand, but there are some open-source wolf3d engine based games that might be a start, like ROTT or Planet Strike. But since I hardly know coding at all, you'd be the best to judge this.
Since you're familiar with the Build games, how about Redneck Rampage? There's a considerable work out there based on the eDuke32 port and it already works quite well, but it seems to be halted for a long time.

User is offline   Dzierzan 

Since you're familiar with the Build games, how about Redneck Rampage? There's a considerable work out there based on the eDuke32 port and it already works quite well, but it seems to be halted for a long time.

He confirmed he's working on RedneckGDX and he showed one picture of that.

View PostDzierzan, on 27 May 2018 - 10:08 AM, said:

He confirmed he's working on RedneckGDX and he showed one picture of that.

Really? Another big thank you in advance for that!

User is offline   xenoxols 

I also want to say my thanks!

User is offline   Blzut3 

View PostM210, on 27 May 2018 - 02:57 AM, said:

Just want to throw this out there in case for some reason you decide to take these on: http://maniacsvault.net/files/ida/

Going to be writing up something on my website about it, but I just mapped out the Operation Body Count demo in IDA. The demo had debug symbols so it's fairly complete. Corridor 7 is an older code base and I believe the demo is a prerelease version of OBC. Overall the modifications from the base Wolf3D engine to C7 and OBC are pretty light, so it should be trivial to reverse engineer them. At some point I'm going to go back to C7 and remap it according to the now known OBC stuff, but ultimately I'm mostly limited on completing these projects by lack of knowledge of the specifics of these games. I'll get around to it eventually myself, but its one of the many things on my infinitely long things to do for ECWolf. :P

View PostBlzut3, on 27 May 2018 - 03:00 PM, said:

Just want to throw this out there in case for some reason you decide to take these on: http://maniacsvault.net/files/ida/

Going to be writing up something on my website about it, but I just mapped out the Operation Body Count demo in IDA. The demo had debug symbols so it's fairly complete. Corridor 7 is an older code base and I believe the demo is a prerelease version of OBC. Overall the modifications from the base Wolf3D engine to C7 and OBC are pretty light, so it should be trivial to reverse engineer them. At some point I'm going to go back to C7 and remap it according to the now known OBC stuff, but ultimately I'm mostly limited on completing these projects by lack of knowledge of the specifics of these games. I'll get around to it eventually myself, but its one of the many things on my infinitely long things to do for ECWolf. :P

Sorry if I let you down by asking him too (the little time he spent reverse engineering Blood was really impressive). I also admire your work in ECWolf. :(

User is offline   Newbert 

Just wanted to add my 5 cents and thank M210 for the incredible remake. Blood was once a great game (and my 1st FPS) but without his work it could have stayed an unplayable piece of history (you could try for example GOG version of the Killing Time, another popular game of the time and see what I mean). With GDX the unique athmosphere of Blood is fully brought back along with good visuals and playability. Thanks for the great job! Так держать!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options