Duke4.net Forums: Witchaven 1&2 Workshop - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Witchaven 1&2 Workshop

User is offline   TheXna 

Hi everyone! here you can show up whatcha doing for Witchaven! I wanted to share some of my work, A custom map I made for mainly testing purpose, messing around with some unused content and some bugs and other stuff! (And for M210 to see so he could fix some of the bugs I recreated in this map!!)
It's not yet finished cause I don't have that much free time to waste yet! but there's still plenty of stuff to do! so feel free to check it out!
WH1DOMO
(if you don't know how to run a WH Map, follow the instructions in the readme text)
And here's a video I made that contains some errors from this GDX port!

EDIT: In the *Fatal Bugs* Area, There's the monsters gallery, and an incomplete room that I didn't finish yet, I'm trying to re-create a crash that I had in my Witchaven GDX run in LEVEL9.MAP, It seems that the spiders can cause a crash if they die cause of lava sometimes, it's pretty rare (I Didn't experience this in DOS)

This post has been edited by TheXna: 24 March 2018 - 11:45 PM

User is offline   m210® 

Thanks. I will see this map :)
Btw, has this map all of sectors mechanics? I noticed, that revolver door not used( but I played only first 11 maps ) I also want to test it

P.S. I ported watcom's qsort method from original Blood and with original priorityqueue I can playing all of Blood demos correctly, but differents in my code make unsync, so I will working on fix those differents, therefore I will fix WH bugs not soon

User is offline   TheXna 

View PostM210, on 25 March 2018 - 12:08 PM, said:

Thanks. I will see this map :)
Btw, has this map all of sectors mechanics? I noticed, that revolver door not used( but I played only first 11 maps ) I also want to test it

P.S. I ported watcom's qsort method from original Blood and with original priorityqueue I can playing all of Blood demos correctly, but differents in my code make unsync, so I will working on fix those differents, therefore I will fix WH bugs not soon

No problemo! The right room is going to have it! I'm working on it now so, I'm going to release a newer version soon!

How about mods that fix some of the problems of the game? Namely the poor hit-detection, add a stamina bar for weapons, and add the ability to swap out a weapon with another one before it becomes damaged.

User is offline   Devon 

i will certainly keep an eye on this thread.

Keep up the good work =)

User is offline   TheXna 

View PostBruno Mattei, on 25 March 2018 - 10:37 PM, said:

How about mods that fix some of the problems of the game? Namely the poor hit-detection, add a stamina bar for weapons, and add the ability to swap out a weapon with another one before it becomes damaged.

Most of these problems are fixed in the EGWhaven Patch, though, WitchavenGDX Doesn't support this at the moment.

User is offline   TheXna 

Hi! Heres a quick patch for LEVEL3 (Thanks to Jamesfff to remain me, Cause I forgot about this particular problem), This wooden door didn't open, Now is fixed!
Posted Image
(ignore the MAP17 text, It's just me messing with the change map cvar.)

Posted Image

Download: LEVEL3Fix

PS: A door spell didn't do the trick, And the sector didn't contain any Hi-Tag Values. (Which it means that it didn't need a switch or a key to open).

This post has been edited by TheXna: 26 March 2018 - 12:03 PM

View PostTheXna, on 26 March 2018 - 11:21 AM, said:

Most of these problems are fixed in the EGWhaven Patch, though, WitchavenGDX Doesn't support this at the moment.

Good to know. Hopefully the next GDX build will support this.

View PostTheXna, on 26 March 2018 - 11:21 AM, said:

I visited the guy's site: http://ettingrinder....h-egwhaven.html

And it didn't list anything regarding fixing hit-detection or adding the ability to swap weapons before they become damaged. Not unless I missed it.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options