Duke4.net Forums: Past and Future Mods - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Past and Future Mods  "general update on my projects"

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Hey everyone,

Soon I will be announcing the summer release of a major project which will feature the amazing work of sebabdukeboss20, and a lot more. If you have seen any of the recent videos posted around here from my youtube channel, you know that there will be a lot of great new enemies and NPCs in that release. But first, I want to clear the air about my other projects, because I do get asked about them from time to time on youtube, duke4.net and in emails.

Frequently asked questions include, "When is that going to be added to your Attrition mod?" or "Is this going to be added to Dukeplus?" The general answer is that I have no plans to update those mods ever again. Of my published mods, the only one that I will probably update again is Duke Forces, and I don't know when that will happen.

DukePlus has gone without significant updates for a quite a long time now. I learned a lot from it, had a great time working on it, and it continues to be used to this day. I stopped updating it because it became a chore to do so. There are too many features that I would not implement the same way now, if at all. Also, there are too many features that are renderer and/or HRP dependent, making the whole package too difficult to manage and communicate about. The situation with Attrition isn't quite as bad, but I still feel that a lot of the code is outdated, and I'm just tired of working on it.

The new upcoming project has a more solid foundation. After it is released, I may use it as the starting point for making a sequel to Attrition, adding RPG and shoot n' loot elements. This was going to be a more detailed post, but it turns out I don't have that much time right now -- I may edit it later.

can't wait for the new project.

User is online   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

Eager to see what are you planning.

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostMike Norvak, on 21 March 2018 - 08:39 PM, said:

Eager to see what are you planning.

My modding job in the immediate future is to bring the sebabdukeboss characters to life as part of a high quality project that seems like a natural extension of classic Duke Nukem 3D. It will also have the bells and whistles that would be expected from an Eduke32 mod, such as enhanced gore, but it won't have anything wild and crazy, (e.g. no radically new gameplay mechanics), and it will be 100% classic renderer compatible. We're calling it Duke Nukem: Alien Armageddon.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostTrooper Dan, on 21 March 2018 - 06:42 PM, said:

a sequel to Attrition

Which is itself a sequel to WMD Posted Image

User is online   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

View PostMicky C, on 22 March 2018 - 12:56 AM, said:

Which is itself a sequel to WMD Posted Image

Then you can see it as a trilogy XD

User is offline   BoowHow 

This sounds interesting. Can't wait to see how it turns out. Posted Image

User is offline   king karl 

a sequel to attrition sounds awesome

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postking karl, on 30 March 2018 - 06:49 AM, said:

a sequel to attrition sounds awesome

It will probably happen. I need to plan out certain systems ahead of time to make my job easier in the long run and make it more manageable. Now that I have access to at least double the base types of enemies from before without bringing in rips from other games, it will make the options for enemy variants much better. For the weapons I want to have a huge number of possibilities, more like Borderlands or Destiny, where they roll randomly within certain parameters and you can keep finding new and better ones in perpetuity.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options