Duke4.net Forums: [HRP] Old Polymer render with Polymost models - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[HRP] Old Polymer render with Polymost models

I've been looking around the internet... trying to find one of those oldest polymer builds that had 3D models from before 2013. There was something about those builds that I personally found interesting...
I'm still favoring the old Polymost models over the newer ones.

The build I'm looking for is from 2010:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hope someone can help!

Edit: Since this was used for presentation of Polymer back then, is it possible to change those windows with reflections without causing a huge performance hit?

This post has been edited by MatthewPatel: 20 March 2018 - 11:55 AM

User is offline   TON 

The build you are looking for doesn't exist.

Those screenshots are only a demostration.

View PostPlagman, on 21 March 2016 - 09:57 AM, said:

View PostSpiker, on 20 March 2016 - 10:09 PM, said:

Ok, I think that changed something. But how to get reflective surfaces? Like the windows that were once hardcoded.

If the wall is marked as a mirror it should do the right thing. The map was changed for that wall to be a mirror for these screenshots.

This post has been edited by TON: 20 March 2018 - 11:48 AM

Do you have any of the previous builds, that used Polymost models for Polymer?

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

The models are not a part of EDuke32. They are a part of the HRP. All Polymost content is still included, but the HRP is set up to use Polymer content by default. You need to make a slight change to the .def files so duke3d_polymost.def is loaded instead of the Polymer content.

I've done something like this before, I used to delete Polymer bits and pieces of the HRP, and insert Polymost ones instead. Worked so far.
Was curious if I could get those reflections on windows somehow without doing impact on the performance, or if possible in general.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

There is nothing exposed to modding interfaces to designate certain surfaces as reflective. That screenshot uses an edited version of the map file.

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

It's a nice visual gimmick and great for showcase screenshots, but besides that I don't believe it would serve any purpose besides dragging your FPS into the deepest cellar you can possibly imagine.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 21 March 2018 - 03:15 AM

Even without the windows, I still prefer some of the older textures. One build in particular, was the one from 2012.
This one is very similar to the latest version of HRP. Although I have a feeling that it's a bit darker in few areas, here and there. which makes it nicer.

Posted Image

On the other hand, I do like the new GUI font, but that's easy to replace.
Let me know if someone has one of these older builds. I'd love if someone could send me a few of them. I'd like to mix them up with something of my own preference.

This post has been edited by MatthewPatel: 21 March 2018 - 12:28 PM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

http://www.proasm.com/duke/dnhrp.html

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options