Duke4.net Forums: StrikerDM - The Ultimate NetDuke32 DM Mod! - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

StrikerDM - The Ultimate NetDuke32 DM Mod!  "NetDuke32 Multiplayer Mod and Community Map Pack!"

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

Have some GIFs of the smoothed-out shotgun and pistol animations:

Posted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Striker: 10 September 2018 - 09:58 AM

User is offline   Mark 

Is the pistol stuttering or are you pressing and releasing the fire button few times?

This post has been edited by Mark: 10 September 2018 - 12:00 PM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostMark, on 10 September 2018 - 12:00 PM, said:

Is the pistol stuttering or are you pressing and releasing the fire button few times?

that and the video looping point. watch the ammo count.

This post has been edited by Forge: 10 September 2018 - 12:21 PM

• Auramancer

View PostMark, on 10 September 2018 - 12:00 PM, said:

Neither. The GIF framerate doesn't match the game, so it doesn't show every recoil frame. Don't forget how fast the recoil animation for the pistol is (each frame is literally 1/30th of a second.)

This post has been edited by Striker: 10 September 2018 - 02:35 PM

• Auramancer

StrikerDM r128 is released! Same link as always. Has the changes I shown in the GIFs above, along with some new maps, prediction code for the low-gravity sectors and jump pads (so they're actually usable now), along with a bunch of other small little tweaks and niceties like menu sounds.

Also, it requires EDuke32-OldMP release 18: https://gitlab.com/m...ldmp_release_18

This post has been edited by Striker: 12 September 2018 - 07:02 PM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostStriker, on 12 September 2018 - 07:02 PM, said:

Same link as always.

which might be a good thing to put in your forum signature

• Auramancer

View PostForge, on 12 September 2018 - 07:29 PM, said:

which might be a good thing to put in your forum signature

Done.

User is offline   Perro Seco 

Those new weapon animations are very cool, specially the pistol. But I never liked the original shotgun's recoil; in my opinion it will look better moving this frame forward, until it matches a closer position to the rest of the frames:

Posted Image

• Auramancer

Duke Nukem 64-style shockwaves:
Posted Image

• Auramancer

Some of the South American Duke community has been recording videos of StrikerDM. Here's one from Noldor Ranzou:

Video is of an older version, but still good.

This post has been edited by Striker: 01 October 2018 - 03:31 PM

• Auramancer

StrikerDM r135 has been released! Bunch of new maps, visual effects, and new flamethrower behavior. (enemies actually get set on fire now!)

Needs the latest version of EDuke32-OldMP. (Release 19 hotfix, as of this post.)

This post has been edited by Striker: 04 November 2018 - 11:14 PM

• Auramancer

Just a status update: Been working on coop/singleplayer support, the ability to rescue babes in SP/COOP just like DN64, and the ability to play through World Tour (with my own implementations of the firefly, minibosses, and WT final boss).

• Auramancer

Posted Image
Work in progress map.

This post has been edited by Striker: 02 December 2018 - 09:45 AM

• Auramancer

StrikerDM r141 is released! Same location as usual. New maps, tweaks to the SSG, world tour map support, the ability to change tripmine colors with the DEL key, toggling of the XXX pack, etc.

EDIT: Hang on, I forgot something.

EDIT 2: r142 released with a fix.

This post has been edited by Striker: 07 December 2018 - 10:35 PM

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Just saying that I played this with my eldest over discord with a 50km distance between us. It worked flawlessly.

Dukematch is a fucking blast. Just as much fun as I remembered it. That was probably the most fun I've had in MP for YEARS.

Thanks Striker and everyone else who contributed!

• Auramancer

No problem, glad you enjoyed it.

Speaking of, StrikerDM r143 is out. New maps, and an experimental projectile-based microwave expander for multiplayer balancing reasons.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Striker: 16 December 2018 - 02:25 PM

User is offline   ViDi 

How can I fix that flashing?
https://youtu.be/gnpzJOC5cX8

• Auramancer

View PostViDi, on 27 December 2018 - 06:58 AM, said:

How can I fix that flashing?
https://youtu.be/gnpzJOC5cX8

You can't. It's something I'll need to fix in EDuke32-OldMP. Not an issue with this mod. The bonus screens don't clear the background with a solid color like mainline, so you just get a HOM.

This post has been edited by Striker: 27 December 2018 - 07:01 PM

• Auramancer

StrikerDM r147 is released. New maps, like UT99's Deck 16 by Photonic, and 6 Spires Redux by yours truly. Some fixes and updates were brought to this build as well, such as improved behavior for the projectile-based expander, and a fix for the random CON errors at startup.

• Auramancer

Posted Image
Blood style blood effects (they're really smooth, and interpolated). Also, custom player colors.

• Auramancer

EDuke32-OldMP Release 27, and StrikerDM-r150 are released.

Links in my signature.

What's new? Stability improvements for OldMP, support for adding new player colors in mods, 16 players actually works properly now, and people can finally leave games without the game going out of sync most of the time now.

As for StrikerDM, the expander's had some more adjustments, same with the plasma rifle, and there's new blood effects, updated maps, and new player color selections.

User is offline   lydianduck 

My friend and I have been playing coop maps using this with Meltdown, it's a blast! Can't wait for the next update. Some things i'd love to see:

Holobot similar to DukePlus. As the name says, a bot that replaces the classic holoduke that can fight by your side.

The ability to randomnize pickups, the way we see on Kickass Duke, this would allow for the new weapons to appear on custom maps and the original levels

Randomnized enemies, just like in dukeplus, different enemies with alternative color palettes and attacks.

And more weapons would be welcome also :)

Thanks for doing this, i've been having lots of fun with it.

This post has been edited by lydianduck: 15 March 2019 - 05:11 PM

• Auramancer

View Postlydianduck, on 15 March 2019 - 05:06 PM, said:

My friend and I have been playing coop maps using this with Meltdown, it's a blast! Can't wait for the next update. Some things i'd love to see:

Holobot similar to DukePlus. As the name says, a bot that replaces the classic holoduke that can fight by your side.

The ability to randomnize pickups, the way we see on Kickass Duke, this would allow for the new weapons to appear on custom maps and the original levels

Randomnized enemies, just like in dukeplus, different enemies with alternative color palettes and attacks.

And more weapons would be welcome also :)

Thanks for doing this, i've been having lots of fun with it.

StrikerDM is meant to remain as faithful to vanilla Duke3D as possible, with only minor adjustments. These don't really fall under that vision, sorry.

User is offline   lydianduck 

It's fine, im enjoying it a lot, thanks for responding.

User is offline   ViDi 

Shrinker sprite is missing few pixels and you can see through it.

Posted Image

• Auramancer

View PostViDi, on 30 July 2020 - 11:46 AM, said:

Shrinker sprite is missing few pixels and you can see through it.

Posted Image

Same as the OG sprite. Not something specific to this mod.

• Auramancer

Still working on this mod. It's targeting the upcoming EDuke32-OldMP build that's on the current EDuke32 engine. Taking advantage of things such as TROR, various blending types, and a number of other features commonly associated with the latest EDuke32. Mind you, that doesn't include the current CON VM, but that may change down the road.

Anyway, just for shits and giggles, I roughly ported the item bobbing code from Quake 3 Arena to CON, and added it as a mapping feature to StrikerDM. Any items given a hi-tag will bob like Quake 3 items and have no gravity, allowing you to place floating pickups anywhere. They're sequenced by order of placement, so you also get some nice sine waves amongst groups of items.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Striker: 14 October 2020 - 01:24 PM

• Auramancer

I need a hand. Could someone with some spriting skill help clean up the duke player sprites? I want to get rid of stray blue pixels around the face, glasses, gun, jetpack, and boots (replacing the blue with gray or other fitting colors that aren't blue), while getting rid of stray red/grey/green pixels around the pants (replacing them with blue). The reason for this, is that some brightly-colored player palettes really highlight how messy the sprites really are, and I'd like to remedy that.

Here are all of the sprites for convenience's sake. http://shadowmaveric...dukesprites.zip

This post has been edited by Striker: 12 December 2020 - 07:23 AM

• Auramancer

New version of StrikerDM released to coincide with NetDuke32 v1. Can be found at https://shadowmaveri...s/strikerdm.php

This post has been edited by Striker: 03 October 2021 - 07:04 PM

• Auramancer

Decided to update the skybox in the map "Aesthetic Duel". I like how it turned out.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options