Duke4.net Forums: Has anybody managed to emulate Duke nukem mobile 3d? - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Has anybody managed to emulate Duke nukem mobile 3d?

User is offline   KirbyGod 

Someone should port this eduk32

User is offline   Šneček 

View PostSmikes, on 25 May 2020 - 12:49 PM, said:

I know I'm really late to the party, but I've got this fully working on a Windows 10 64-bit machine.

Which emulator to use
You can't use the classic KEmulator. Like mrDUKE!zone said, it doesn't seem to work very well. However, there is a more recent, modded version of KEmulator that you can find if you look really hard. Most sites list it as "KEmulator 1.0.3 modded." For some reason, you'll never find it if you just search for "KEmulator."
Link: http://www.mediafire..._modded.7z/file

I could be wrong, but it looks like this emulator doesn't work unless you install Java first. I'm not totally sure because I was trying absolutely everything to get this to work.

Game files
The game itself comes in the form of a JAR file (Java executable archive, which you can peek inside if you change the file extension to ZIP). There are multiple versions of the game on the Internet, but this one is made for a 352x416 screen resolution, which is higher than most:
Link: https://phoneky.com/...s/?id=j4j149032

How to launch the game like a noob
1. Launch KEmulator.exe
2. In the menu at the top of the interface, go under Midlet > Load jar > then select your JAR file

How to launch the game with a batch file
KEmulator supports a limited number of comannd-line parameters (listed under "Help" in the interface), so I launch it was a BAT file like this:
cd "D:\Games\Duke Nukem\Library\Duke Nukem Mobile\KEmulator 1.0.3 modded"
KEmulator.exe -jar "D:\Games\Duke Nukem\Library\Duke Nukem Mobile\Duke_Nukem_Mobile_3D_352x416.jar"

How to adjust the resolution
1. To avoid a screwy message that sometimes pops-up when you do this, start by going under View > Options > Core API > and tick the box next to "Ignore Canvas.setFullScreenMode(boolean)."
2. Go under View > Options > Custom and set the screen width and height to some multiple of the game's native resolution.
3. Go into the emulator's "property.txt" file and change the "CanvasScale" value to 100, 150, 200, 250, 300, etc. (without a % sign) such that it is the percentage by which you scaled the window resolution.
4. Close and re-open the emulator for the changes to take effect.

KEmulator uses the "property.txt" file in its directory as its config file. This file cannot be customized on a game-by-game basis, so (since I have multiple games) I added the following line of code to the top of my BAT file:
copy "D:\Games\Duke Nukem\Library\Duke Nukem Mobile\Mobile 3D settings.txt" "D:\Games\Duke Nukem\Library\Duke Nukem Mobile\KEmulator 1.0.3 modded\property.txt"

This lets me overwrite the config with a different config file that I've created for each of my games, and then I use a different BAT file to launch each game.

I hope someone else who is googling how to play this game discovers this thread and finds this useful ;)

Thanks for describing that process, when I wanted to try it on my old Nokia 2730 Classic many years ago, it didn't work, so I played DN Mobile Etty and Bikini Project instead. And at first it didn't even run in Kemulator. I finally figured it out in this thread.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options