Duke4.net Forums: DNF 2001 Build Was Apparently Almost Complete - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

• 21 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DNF 2001 Build Was Apparently Almost Complete  "3DR wants to release it, but it's up to Gearbox"

User is offline   mrDUKE!zone 

Well, it's not just a re-release of Duke 3D, It's also got Duke Nukem Forever along with it's betas and maybe the Duke 3D betas as well. So that's something to look forward to.

Take this you rapscallion!

User is offline   Commando Nukem 

• Judge Mental

We don't know that.

OPEN MAW PRODUCTIONS
Facebook Youtube and Twitter

User is offline   necroslut 

I wouldn't mind buying another D3D-rerelease as long as it's done properly this time. Definitive in terms of both content, features and options. Though a definitive version would have to be made by/in co-operation with Voidpoint, obviously. If they're not gonna do that then they'd better not do it at all.

Both Megaton and World Tour (and Xbox version before that) showed some potential of what could have been done but were lackluster in the end.

Blue barrels are heavier than regular barrels

User is online   Mark 

• Honored Donor

I've mentioned it before. I would like to see a game totally different than the previous ones. Put Duke in unfamiliar territory.

No EDF, no space stations or aliens. Humor kept to a minimum. Gotta have some because its Duke.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

I just had a really horrible thought.

We know 2K's stance on modding games: "Though shalt not!"

What if they do finally release the betas for DNF - and there are no modding tools? To everyone on this forum, that would be a truly insane dick-move of biblical proportion. But looking at the history of Gearbox and 2K, it would fit right in with how they do business.

User is online   MusicallyInspired 

I never thought they'd release modding tools with the betas anyway if they ever did.

Roland SC-55 Music Packs
Latest release: Heretic SC-55 Music Pack (12/12/18)
*new* Buy the Mage's Initiation Original Soundtrack on Bandcamp by me!
Buy the P&C Adventure/RPG game Mage's Initiation on Steam, GOG, and Humble

• Judge Mental

Oh it'll be a locked down, tieded up shit show, no doubt about it. Which is a shame because looking at the raw content, insofar as that can actually be allowed ( I know some of the devs had questionable shit in their folders and all that needs to be cleaned and cleared, yaddayadda...)

But the idea of popping open a raw folder of in development stuff and poking around it in it's unmolested state is what appeals to me. That's just not going to happen. At best it sounds like we'll get a guided tour through some of the content and that's it.

And i'm still not convinced that'll happen until the thing is actually put together and released.

OPEN MAW PRODUCTIONS

User is offline   Green 

View PostTea Monster, on 27 November 2018 - 08:27 AM, said:

What if they do finally release the betas for DNF - and there are no modding tools? To everyone on this forum, that would be a truly insane dick-move of biblical proportion. But looking at the history of Gearbox and 2K, it would fit right in with how they do business.

Gearbox have secured a sub-license to publish Duke Nukem Forever and related content in an upcoming compilation they have in production. In the context of this compilation the decision to include mod tools is entirely up to Gearbox Software - 2K Games is not part of the decision making process beyond granting the initial sub-license to enable Gearbox to produce this collection. Randy has referenced this numerous times on Twitter and during Nerdvana Live over the last several months, this is a legal path for them to release Duke Nukem Forever and related content themselves.

Relevant Tweets:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Recent Tweet concerning collection:

Posted Image

User is offline   Jimmy 100MPH 

• Trooper

I guarantee this is a Faustian gambit.

Coke costs a lot of money you know. - oasiz

• Judge Mental

Yeah, with Duke it's always "i'll believe it when i see it."

OPEN MAW PRODUCTIONS

User is offline   spessu_sb 

View PostTea Monster, on 27 November 2018 - 08:27 AM, said:

This indeed sounds like very much a possibility, but I really hope you did not predict the future. Tho I said beginning of this year, that I'll see for this one year of 2018 if randy can keep his promises. Surprinsingly enough, it's soon 2019 and we haven't gotten anything Duke, especially not anything Forever related.

I guess what I'm saying is, that I will also soon enter the pessimist/I don't care club.

This post has been edited by spessu_sb: 02 December 2018 - 12:12 PM

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

No offence to any of the good people on this forum, but cynicism and a heavily sceptical outlook are very much learned behaviours of Duke fans over the last decade or so.

Will it come out sometime in the next few years? Maybe. Will it not suck or be a completely lazy-ass, 'can't be arsed' shitshow? Ehhhhh....

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 08 December 2018 - 01:46 AM

User is offline   Altered Reality 

View PostGreen, on 27 November 2018 - 03:38 PM, said:

Gearbox have secured a sub-license to publish Duke Nukem Forever and related content in an upcoming compilation they have in production.
Posted Image

If this is true, why isn't there a "Duke Nukem Forever: Atomic Edition" with all the extras on Steam yet?

If your brain tells you one thing and your heart tells you another, get rid of those silly doubts and listen to your brain.

User is offline   Green 

View PostAltered Reality, on 08 December 2018 - 06:20 AM, said:

If this is true, why isn't there a "Duke Nukem Forever: Atomic Edition" with all the extras on Steam yet?

They aren't producing "Duke Nukem Forever: Atomic Edition", they're producing a Duke Nukem compilation that will include Duke Nukem Forever.

Posted Image

User is offline   hiczok 

Hope the new compilation includes 2001 duke :) (+2002, 2004, 1998 etc - anything).
I've sent a Tweet to Randy - if he replies I will let You guys know. 2 months without any post is how the last 20 years of waiting for Duke has been...

This post has been edited by hiczok: 03 February 2019 - 01:23 AM

Share this topic:

• 21 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Maiden! ;) © 2018 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options